• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia, Shonen´s Jump next SMASH hit, is getting an Anime!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Toei, no Pierrot plz. Plz. Damn this anouncement is good but a bit worrisome since we don't know the studio.

Hopefully madhouse gets it. I wouldn't mind bones but they seem to like fillers too.

Studio trigger is cool, kill la kill and that slice of life anime they did were good.

Swamped

Banned
What studio did FMA:Brotherhood? They did a great job.

I want to say Bones? Which would be an awesome studio for this anime adaption, but then I think it would be a season based show as opposed to a long running one. Generally studio Bones is pretty high budget.

Meffer

I want to say Bones? Which would be an awesome studio for this anime adaption, but then I think it would be a season based show as opposed to a long running one. Generally studio Bones is pretty high budget.
Would explain why Brotherhood was so good.

Maedhros

The pace of this manga makes One Piece/Naruto/Bleach look like shit.

It's so well paced and the characters are fantastically well done. Even the secondary ones.

Underdog protag - check
Great side cast - check
Great pace/no bullshit - check

One of the best shonens out there, for sure.

stryke

Already? Barely any shit has happened.

Actually, that's not true. There are certainly enough arcs for a 1 or 2 cours anime but it feels like the series hasn't particularly reached a climax yet.

cntr

Banned
Already? Barely any shit has happened.

Actually, that's not true. There are certainly enough arcs for a 1 or 2 cours anime but it feels like the series hasn't particularly reached a climax yet.
End it with the All for One reveal.

Raxus

What studio did FMA:Brotherhood? They did a great job.

Bones did the OG FMA as well as Brotherhood.

Is it true since Toho licensed it the studio is unlikely to be Toei? I have my fingers crossed, all my fingers, it isn't Toei or Studio Pierrot.

Rush_Khan

Out of curiousity, I just started reading it (up to chapter 11).

Wow, this is everything I wanted in a manga. Gives me Naruto Part 1 vides. Great characters and great protagonist. Sign me up for the anime.

I really don't think it's been running long enough to get a full satisfying single Cour run.

Bones
doing it though... HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG I guess I have to give it a shot now.

Moaradin

Bones can do really good with this art style and give some sweet animation. Hopefully it's more like the first part of Soul Eater and not the later parts!

Freiya

Its been running for a year, so there should be enough material for a long season (25 episodes), if they want it to be long running like Dragon Ball or Toriko they would need to add filler, but with the type of manga this is that should be fairly easy.

I think the industry is starting to realize is better to do small 13 episodes seasons and have them run once or twice a year like Kuroko no Basket or Haikyuu.

I sure don't think it's better -_-

Was always wondering why people thought it would take long to reveal the studio, took less than a week.

Wished for another studio, I hope it wont have some original end Soul Eater style.

If I can get three amazing seasons of Kuroko over 2 years rather than a constantly running stream of meh to crap with good moments sprinkled in there, I'm taking the break every time.

Moaradin

If I can get three amazing seasons of Kuroko over 2 years rather than a constantly running stream of meh to crap with good moments sprinkled in there, I'm taking the break every time.

I think Shonen Jump is finally realizing that seasons are the way to go. Kuroko, Haikyuu, Assassination Classroom, Shokugeki no Soma all take breaks and they are better for it.

I think Shonen Jump is finally realizing that seasons are the way to go. Kuroko, Haikyuu, Assassination Classroom all take breaks and they are better for it.

I think Toei and the mess Naruto is RN have shown them that quantity over quality isn't always better for the bottom line.

Anime is a series of 22 minute long commercials for the Manga, the industry is realizing that higher quality representations of that sell better.

+ JoJo, especially since that has enough material to run for years and years and years

By the time the anime finishes Act 4, the Manga will already be another act ahead. It's brilliant, really.

Oh thank god that it isn't Toei lol! Sweet, Bones is imo the next best choice besides Madhouse who's probably busy with One Punch Man. Though I kinda think it's a little too early for them to have a anime so soon. I'd rather have them announce it like late next year so it doesn't catch up to the manga too fast. Would be nice for them to make the fights longer as they've been pretty hype but a little on the short side.

Also Vol.2 of the manga is coming out tomorrow on November 3rd! :)
http://www.amazon.com/dp/1421582708/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Better news is that this follows the prediction of a rumor that says Kenji Nagasaki (Gundam Build Fighters) as director and Yoshihiko Umakoshi (Mushishi) as character designer...

Jarmel

Banned
Better news is that this follows the prediction of a rumor that says Kenji Nagasaki (Gundam Build Fighters) as director and Yoshihiko Umakoshi (Mushishi) as character designer...

People seem to be confident that the artist for the key visual is Umakoshi which means that Nagasaki is almost guaranteed at this point.

Crocodile

I have the perfect reaction gif for this news about BONES doing the show but I can't find it and its PISSING ME OFF

But yeah this is good news <3

I think Shonen Jump is finally realizing that seasons are the way to go. Kuroko, Haikyuu, Assassination Classroom, Shokugeki no Soma all take breaks and they are better for it.

That model is a boon for Western Animation and I'm glad Japan seems to be catching on for their shonen shows.

Crocodile

Found the reaction GIF I wanted to use:

full

Also, if the show goes with an anime original ending, you do know it will be done with the full awareness and approval of Jump and probably the original author and that's how its always been right? It's not like BONES has ever or could ever sneak something like that through or there were nefarious ner-do-wells who made it their mission to botch show endings right?

SalvaPot

Found the reaction GIF I wanted to use:

full

Also, if the show goes with an anime original ending, you do know it will be done with the full awareness and approval of Jump and probably the original author and that's how its always been right? It's not like BONES has ever or could ever sneak something like that through or there were nefarious ner-do-wells who made it their mission to botch show endings right?

I don´t know, I am trying to remember any Jump anime that has had an original Anime Ending (Dragon Ball GT does not count), almost all of them either completed the work or finished in an arbitrary part of the manga, OR got cancelled while doing filler.

Crocodile

I don´t know, I am trying to remember any Jump anime that has had an original Anime Ending (Dragon Ball GT does not count), almost all of them either completed the work or finished in an arbitrary part of the manga, OR got cancelled while doing filler.

I'm not saying this will get a filler ending. I'm saying that if it gets one, it will because the production committee (including Jump) wants such an ending or thinks such an ending is a good idea not because BONES would be up to their "old tricks".

It could be worse. As long as shonen and the mangaka decide on seasons and no original endings then we should be good. Which I think will happen, Food Wars is being made in seasons even though it seems like the perfect anime to add filler and original endings to.

Times are changing for the better I hope.

Toriko? They changed so much stuff it might as well be considered original ending. You cant even start the manga at that chapter, without going back for most of the arc to where they started making the changes.

I'm not saying this will get a filler ending. I'm saying that if it gets one, it will because the production committee (including Jump) wants such an ending or thinks such an ending is a good idea not because BONES would be up to their "old tricks".
I figure that if it gets a "filler ending," it'll be one that still leaves the door open for the rest of the manga, but can also be a summation of everything that's happened before.

SalvaPot

Toriko? They changed so much stuff it might as well be considered original ending. You cant even start the manga at that chapter, without going back for most of the arc to where they started making the changes.
Huh, I never continued Toriko, it was such a bad adaptation starting the second arc, a shame because the opening was awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom