• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia, Shonen´s Jump next SMASH hit, is getting an Anime!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SalvaPot

Edit: Anime preview is live!

One of the most fun manga in recent memory seems to be getting a new anime!
More at the Source.

The official Twitter account of Kōhei Hirokoshi's My Hero Academia (Boku no Hero Academia) manga posted a picture on Tuesday that said that a television anime adaptation has been green-lit. The Twitter account later removed the post.

myheroacademia01.jpg

The domain name 'HeroAca.com' was registered under the name of TOHO Ad, the advertising company of the TOHO Group, on October 20.

Horikoshi launched his My Hero Academia superhero manga series in Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump in July 2014. The manga's story is set in the modern day, except people with special powers have become commonplace throughout the world. A boy named Izuku Midoriya has no powers, but he still dreams of becoming a Hero.

The Manga also has a release in the US (You can buy it on Amazon if you are interested.

Here is the community thread for the manga, is fairly active!

Since I started reading it I knew it was going to get an anime eventually, but this is fairly soon. Who you think is the studio who is going to work on it? GI Production? Madhouse?
As long as its not Toei

My money is on Madhouse.

Update: We know who is making it now, its BONES. (They had worked on Fullmetal Alchemist and FMA Brotherhood, Space Dandy, Soul Eater, among others)

Rejoice anime fans!
Official site is up
teaservisual.jpg

Doesn't Toei do EVERY Shonen Jump anime (or, at the very least, all the long running ones)?

Nope. Out of currently running Shounen Jump manga, their anime adaptations have been done by:

Assassination Classroom: Lerche
Bleach: Studio Pierrot
Gintama: Sunrise/Bandai Namco Pictures
Haikyuu: Production I.G.
Hunter X Hunter: Nippon Animation, then Madhouse
Nisekoi: Shaft
One Piece: Toei
Shokugeki no Soma: J.C. Staff
Toriko: Toei
World Trigger: Toei

SalvaPot

Do they have enough material for this?

I didn't know this average manga is a hit...

Its been running for a year, so there should be enough material for a long season (25 episodes), if they want it to be long running like Dragon Ball or Toriko they would need to add filler, but with the type of manga this is that should be fairly easy.

I think the industry is starting to realize is better to do small 13 episodes seasons and have them run once or twice a year like Kuroko no Basket or Haikyuu.

SalvaPot

For a 13 cour? Definitely. 26? Maybe.

Bigger issue is that there's no good breaking point unless All Might dies soon or something.

I think the reveal of
All for One and All Mights recap of it
would make a perfect breaking point. Its a hook for the next season.

Edit: Sorry for the double post.

Maedhros

Fuck!

Wait one more year for this. There's not enough material.

And TOEI SHOULD STAY AWAY FROM THIS! Godammit, I'll be pissed off if Toei touches this!

SalvaPot

Time for all the manga fans to suddenly turn their noses up at the series once the anime starts.

Every time.

It got popular, now it sucks.

But really I am very happy for the author, I really liked his two previous works, even if they got canceled extremely fast, its nice to see him finally be successful.

I hope the anime is able to transfer the dynamism of the characters, part of why I want madhouse to grab it.

way too soon, I hope they just do a 2 cour anime and take a break, if not then I'll just skip it as it will probably be shit.

Pls Madhouse save us all, fuck Toei.

According to r/anime, Toho is producing this so the studios likely for this are :production I.G, Bones or TMS Entertainment.

At least it isn't Toei! Yay?

This is a sort of weird case where I'd really like to see some minor filler arcs in between the manga ones. Just some school life comedy type deals. The comic's been at kind of a breakneck pace, you never see the kids doing school stuff, and I think it'd work really well.

So long as it's well done, of course. You wouldn't think that'd have to be a qualifier, but there you go.

That law is ass because Usagi Drop exists.

the exception that proves the rule

But in all seriousness, isn't that just because the part of the manga everyone hates isn't adapted? Like, what was better from the parts that were adapted (so not the shitty incest stuff)

Chariot

the exception that proves the rule

But in all seriousness, isn't that just because the part of the manga everyone hates isn't adapted? Like, what was better from the parts that were adapted (so not the shitty 4hghds stuff)
Don't you even dare to talk about that. Keep it cleaned for the good souls who are untainted by the turn of events.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom