• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia, Shonen´s Jump next SMASH hit, is getting an Anime!

Status
Not open for further replies.

studyguy

I've only recently seen this term being used.

What does it mean?

cour [koor]
noun

1.One of the four conventional three-month periods of television broadcasting in Japan (January to March; April to June; July to September; October to December)

Basically "a season" normally 12 to 13 episodes budgeted per cour.

oh wow, for real?

anyway, do they even start new infinite episodes shows anymore? JoJo's been going for a while now but that was long long due

LProtag

Nice! Isn't this a bit early though?

I hope there aren't a ton of shitty filler arcs and it's done like Attack on Titan.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Already? Man, it's too early. Maybe get 100 chapters out before considering an anime.

Maybe it will be a short one. 13 episodes or so.

Epcott

FACKYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSS!

But it's too soon. At least wait until students are in sophomore year. I fear for fillers.

Moaradin

Already? Man, it's too early. Maybe get 100 chapters out before considering an anime.

Maybe it will be a short one. 13 episodes or so.

It has enough material now for a 2-cour season. By the time the first season ends, the manga will probably have enough material for another 2-cour season. As long as it's handled like Kuroko or Haikyuu and not World Trigger and Toriko, it could be good.

Mailbox

Hoping for Madhouse. I feel like they can give the original art style justice in animated form.

Please 1-2 cour only with a decent studio. Please.

This doesn't make any sense. Considering the slow speed of arc in the series, as well as how few arc there are, and how early we are in the series w/ very few actual events, having a short show of 12-24 episodes just straight up doesn't make sense. There really isn't a good place to end a season yet.

They really shouldn't be making an anime yet, but i hope for a long runner.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I have never read this

I want Madhouse on this project because it gives them a guaranteed job associated with Jump.

Please God of Anime

Hoping for Madhouse. I feel like they can give the original art style justice in animated form.

This doesn't make any sense. Considering the slow speed of arc in the series, as well as how few arc there are, and how early we are in the series w/ very few actual events, having a short show of 12-24 episodes just straight up doesn't make sense. There really isn't a good place to end a season yet.

They really shouldn't be making an anime yet, but i hope for a long runner.

Why? They could end the anime at the point before the current exam.

If the anime of 24-26 episodes starts in Spring of 2016, I dont see how one could say it doesnt have a good place to end or enough content. Haikyuu and Food Wars And WT all covered 60 ~ 70 chapters in 26 episodes.

Maximo

excited-baby.gif

Hopefully the Anime will bring in more fans the Manga Thread needs more people! Also please god not Toei.

Manga >>> Anime. For everything. It is law.

There are a number of counterexamples: K-ON, Flowers of Evil, Oniisama e, Code:Breaker, Ghost in the Shell, etc. As always, it comes down to the individual cases.

anyway, do they even start new infinite episodes shows anymore? JoJo's been going for a while now but that was long long due

Jojo isn't a long-running show anyway, as it's taking breaks between every 2-cour. Breaks between seasons instead of running straight through is common these days, as it gives the production team more time to breathe. But there are still a few long-running daytime shows in recent years - Ace of the Diamond, World Trigger, everything Oriental Light and Magic does such as Pokemon and the Level-5 anime shows - they just aren't the stuff that most anime fans pay attention to.

Yeah most long runners are legacy series like One Piece or Naruto that have been running forever for ongoing series.

And yes I know HxH exists but that might as well be finished.

rrvv

For a 13 cour? Definitely. 26? Maybe.

Bigger issue is that there's no good breaking point unless All Might dies soon or something.
There is plenty of breaking point like. School invasion or tournament arc.

I can see this being multiple season anime like haikyuu

ZoddGutts

For Shokugeki no Soma it had 12 volumes out by the time the anime first aired. No filler was needed in it's 24 ep series and when the 2nd anime airs next year I'll have more than enough for another 24 ep series. Usually a good time to adapt an anime is around 8 volumes for a 24 ep series, Boku no Academia has enough with the current chapters. But they'll have to wait a bit longer to adapt a 2nd season. Also yeah, pray it's not Toei.

Anyways Boku no Academia is decent series, it has it's moments. Personally I was surprised by how good Soma was, though I only watched the anime.

Moaradin

They have a good ending point right now with (current manga spoilers)
The One for All reveal and the new villains that got introduced
. As long as they take a break between seasons, it can work out fine.

SalvaPot

How good is this manga compared to, lets say Prison School, just to pick a random manga I don't read?

Its a breath of fresh air on the classic Shonen formula, it doesn´t follow tropes, it plays with them.

In my opinion is the perfect complementary work for One Punch Man.

Mortemis

Banned
This was inevitable, and not all that early. If it comes next year, they can do a 26 ep. season and leave it there until they get enough material.

I'm most definitely hoping for madhouse, but bones is a great second pic too. Production IG wouldn't be bad either. I just hope whoever does it stays faithful to the work.

Dead

well not really...yet
Cowboy Bebop, FLCL, and Eureka Seven all say no (provided we're still talking about the original E7 anime, as the alternate continuity movie and AO were just as terrible as the manga).
All those shows were original creations for TV, they didn't start as Manga though :)

Grexeno

This was inevitable, and not all that early. If it comes next year, they can do a 26 ep. season and leave it there until they get enough material.

I'm most definitely hoping for madhouse, but bones is a great second pic too. Production IG wouldn't be bad either. I just hope whoever does it stays faithful to the work.
Bones tends to love their anime-original endings, though

Bones tends to love their anime-original endings, though

Unless the prod. committee has no faith in wanting to do more, giving hero academia an anime-original ending would be a really silly business decision. How would a s2 even occur.

Bones was better when the material is done or at least with knowledge of what the ending will be (BLast of Tempest)

Maximo

How good is this manga compared to, lets say Prison School, just to pick a random manga I don't read?

My Hero Arademia is one of the best Manga's I have ever followed, defiantly has the potential to one of the best shounen ever.

faridmon

pls don't be Toei pls don't be Toei pls don't be Toei pls don't be Toei pls don't be Toei pls don't be Toei pls don't be Toei pls don't be Toei pls don't be Toei pls don't be Toei pls don't be Toei pls don't be Toei pls don't be Toei pls don't be Toei pls don't be Toei pls don't be Toei pls don't be Toei pls don't be Toei pls don't be Toei pls don't be Toei pls don't be Toei pls don't be Toei pls don't be Toei pls don't be Toei

Not

Banned
Just read the first volume yesterday. I wrote a story with this exact same premise like five years ago; I guess that's part of the reason it's not growing on me. Love the American comics style of All Might, tho

SalvaPot

Unless the prod. committee has no faith in wanting to do more, giving hero academia an anime-original ending would be a really silly business decision. How would a s2 even occur.

Bones was better when the material is done or at least with knowledge of what the ending will be (BLast of Tempest)

My Hero Academia Brotherhood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom