• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Readers Vote For The Next "Poster Manga" for Shonen Jump

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/in...ikyu-as-shonen-jump-next-poster-manga/.111374
Many of the long-running hit manga series in Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine ended last year. Ten series including Kochikame, Bleach, and Assassination Classroom all reached their conclusions. Anime and other adaptions for these series have also run their course. Parting with some of their favorite Shonen Jump manga has left fans wondering what the magazine's next big-name series will be.

The Goo Ranking website conducted a poll to ask fans what manga they think will helm the next generation for Shonen Jump. The poll asked what manga "[they] think will be the next 'poster manga' work" and become the face of the magazine.

Haikyu!! (839 votes)
Hunter X Hunter (404 votes)
My Hero Academia (317 votes)
The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. (230 votes)
World Trigger (226 votes)
Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma (219 votes)
Black Clover (133 votes)
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations (122 votes)
Isobe Isobee Monogatari ~Ukiyo wa Tsurai yo~ (83 votes)
Hinomaru Zumō (81 votes)

Ship has sailed on #2. Feelsbadman.jpg

woopWOOP

Weird that HxH is on the ranking, but not One Piece?
Oh I get it, thats the current one

Nice to see MHA at #3 tho

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
3. My Hero Academia (317 votes)

Aaaaaah fuck yeah

Promised Neverland is too new?

Haikyuu already is a hit.

Verelios

Haikyuu isn't going to be that long living unless they go through all three years of HS (they could!) but it's a good choice alongside MHA as cornerstones

Veelk

Banned
MHA gets my vote, but it's basically the only one of those besides HxH and Food Wars I read. Also, currently reading The Promised Neverland which I'm enjoying, but I don't see that becoming the face of shonen.

Chase17

Nice to see haikyuu at the top.

I'm guessing
hoping
that Promised Neverland isn't there because it's too new.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I hate to be the parent that tells their kids how HxH operates. Must be like the Santa Claus talk.

Good on Haikyu and MHA (the former needs to be in Viz Jump yesterday)

And good on Black Clover not being in the Top 5. Still too high but whatever.

Cool to see world trigger in the middle of the pack. I had no clue if it was popular or not. I hope the author's health improves and it can come off hiatus

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Stealth "Damn you, Togashi" thread.

Haikyuu!! is top-level shit. One of the best Shueisha has ever published.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
HunterxHunter and World Trigger for me.

Both Mangas on indefinite hiatus, too. :(

Khrno

One Piece is the John Cena of Shounen Jump.

wrestlingsandwichjohncenaintoiletbowl_102883.jpg

It seems weird to me that Haikyuu and HxH got the top 2 spots. Don't get wrong, both are great series but there 2 two of the oldest manga in the magazine, if they were gonna become the poster series for jump it would have happened by now. Point is as long as OP is around, that will probably continue to be Jumps poster manga, and that won't change till it ends, and I frankly think that OP will outlive Haikyuu for sure. HxH I don't know, considering the amount of breaks Togashi takes, but just the fact that it takes so many breaks is why it won't ever become the poster manga for Jump. I mean what kind of poster series isn't actually in the magazine for years on end LOL. Funny enough thought HxH is probably the only series that could have overtaken OP in popularity, had it not been for the frequent and lengthy hiatus'. If MHA is still around by the time OP ends I'd say that series has the best shot of becoming the next poster manga, if only because it's a battle manga just like OP. Even though Haikyuu is and will continue to sell better than MHA I just think for jump they would rather have a battle series as their poster series than a sports one. If not MHA is will be whatever battle series is around and popular at the time I figure, god forbid it's not Black Clover *shudders*.

vareon

3. My Hero Academia (317 votes)

Aaaaaah fuck yeah

Promised Neverland is too new?

Haikyuu already is a hit.

As much as I enjoy Promised Neverland, it's hard to imagine it being next poster manga that will carry Jump for years unless it shifted focus once we get outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom