• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia, Shonen´s Jump next SMASH hit, is getting an Anime!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Hopefully by the time this starts, MHA will have 100 chapters under its belt.

Love this series, it's on my priority list with One Piece, Soma, and AssClass

dity

That took a long time. I've seen the characters around every so often but never bothered to look at the manga, so at least I'll have an easy way to check this out now.

SalvaPot

Oh, no one wants either but i'd take Pierrot over TOEI any day.

This. I can take silly fillers any day, I can easily just skip them or ignore them and wait for Perriot to finish them and go back when the fillers are done and the good stuff gets animated. I don´t want Toei because they grab one manga episode and make 3 anime episodes when absolutely nothing happens out of them and makes a fast paced brilliant story into an awkward, boring endeavor.

Hell, I actually begged for Toei to do a filler arc for One Piece, anything, just give the manga some time to breath. What they are doing to One Piece right now is the equivalent of putting a condom on a fire extinguisher, how much can they make it expand?

SalvaPot

Stuff's popular out the wazoo, yo. I expected confirmation of an anime ages ago.

Funny enough it seems to be popular thanks to the Shonen Jump Alpha over here, the manga release charted on the best sellers too. I wonder if the anime is going to be streamed legally here.

mdubs

Banned
That law is ass because Usagi Drop exists.
Bahahaha the truth :(

Your Lie in April's anime is also the definitive version of the series.

Happy though about MHA! I'm only 2 volumes in since I'm buying the official print releases but I love it!

SalvaPot

So on the subject of the anime,

what would All Might sound like? Would he have major different tones between his buff hero form and regular skinny self?

lol, I just imagined nerfed All Might with this huge badass voice.

Hmm, of course Full All Might should have a great mighty voice, so I want to think his weak self will have this sickly raspy voice.

Oh man now that I think about it how would Froppy sound like? Stoic? Cute?

Just read the first volume yesterday. I wrote a story with this exact same premise like five years ago; I guess that's part of the reason it's not growing on me. Love the American comics style of All Might, tho

I don't think anyone believes the general premise is original. I'm pretty sure in the first few pages of the manga thread, there were a bunch of comparisons with Disney's Sky High Academy, which is also about a high schooler without powers in a world where everyone has powers, who then gains super strength.

Mendrox

Everybody is fearing TOEI but the bigger threat may be Studio Pierrot.

No TOHO doesn't work with Studio Pierrot and they already have their hands full. Production IG would be very good. Them handeling Haikyu! is just perfect. Let it be another 26 episodes cour and they can switch between Haikyu and my Hero Academia every second cour...perfect. :)

Now gives us a new Soma season every spring season and I am content.

NeonZ

Isn't My Hero Academia the biggest new JUMP series right now, alongside Black Clover, at least based on the popularity polls? I can't see them going with a short anime broken up by seasons. That's fine for shows that exist just to advertise the manga or disc sales, but it seems like it'd limit its popularity by a lot.

I guess we have Assassination Classroom and Haikyu though, which were pretty big successes but still got anime with limited runs.

Nightbird

Isn't My Hero Academia the biggest new JUMP series right now, alongside Black Clover, at least based on the popularity polls?[...]

It is.

I took Numbers from another, german Board, but here are the avarage Rankings for the Jump Series in 2015 up to August.

One Piece - 1.7
Assassination Classroom - 1.95
My Hero Academia - 2.52
Haikyuu - 3.88
Food Wars - 3.96
Black Clover - 4.41
Straighten Up - 4.5
Hinomaru Zumou - 5.86
Toriko - 6.56
Gintama - 6.89
PSI Kusou Saiki - 7.16
Nisekoi - 8.4
World Trigger - 8.95
Kagamigami - 9.31
+Gakkyuu Houtei - 11.15
Kochikame - 11.28
Bleach - 11.59
+Ultra Battle Satellite - 11.9
+Judos - 12
Devily Man - 12.25 (12.33)
+Takujou no Ageha - 12.33
+Hi-Fi Cluster - 12.71
Lady Justice - 13.4
+Cyborg Roggy - 13.5
+E-Robot - 13.5
+Sporting Salt - 13.5

Solid third place

SalvaPot

It is.

I took Numbers from another, german Board, but here are the avarage Rankings for the Jump Series in 2015 up to August.

Solid third place

Its been a while since I have checked rankings but man it makes so happy to see Saiki so high on the list, that show deserves an anime too.

Its been a while since I have checked rankings but man it makes so happy to see Saiki so high on the list, that show deserves an anime too.

I would love a saiki kusuo anime, but thered be like minimal chance of it being licensed in usa and being able to be bought or even dubbed. Id hate it to be streaming simulcast ONLY.

Id do anything to own me a JET BLACK WING. Best ChuuniBro.

SalvaPot

I would love a saiki kusuo anime, but thered be like minimal chance of it being licensed in usa and being able to be bought or even dubbed. Id hate it to be streaming simulcast ONLY.

Id do anything to own me a JET BLACK WING. Best ChuuniBro.

If Gintama got a (limited) US release I think anything can, and the theme (Psychic powers) is pretty popular overseas. It is also funny without relying that much on Japanese culture, I think it could be as successful here as, say, Nichijou.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fuck!

Wait one more year for this. There's not enough material.

And TOEI SHOULD STAY AWAY FROM THIS! Godammit, I'll be pissed off if Toei touches this!

Yes there is. The chances of this getting completely adapted ever is like 0%.

In a perfect world, if his legacy wasn't completely shitted on and thrown away, All Might would sound like 1991 Wrestlemania Hulk Hogan in superhero form, and 2015 Hulk Hogan trying to apologize for racist tirades when depowered.

But since that dream is dead, I'd totally go for a Macho Man All Might.

Yeah ideally All Might would have a big booming voice in his powered up form and a small and weak voice as his weakened form. Same VA for both would be neat.

Only the big legacy series are given full adaptations, and in some cases not even those.

It seems like theres more of a chance that it wouldnt get fully adapted. The only WSJ ones that got it as of late were series where their anime had started well into their lifetimes (Bakuman, Kuroko's Basketball), before that you have to go back to Death Note. Even 80+ episode series that started after Death Note didnt get full adaptations (Beelzebub, Sket Dance, Katekyo Hitman Reborn). And just because theres a lot of chapters wouldnt mean theyd animate it all (Medaka Box).

Anime was announced too early.

Meffer

lol, I just imagined nerfed All Might with this huge badass voice.

Hmm, of course Full All Might should have a great mighty voice, so I want to think his weak self will have this sickly raspy voice.

Oh man now that I think about it how would Froppy sound like? Stoic? Cute?

Both. Stoic and cute.

OwqfNrr.jpg

Tv anime announced in jump issue, no studio listed. Guess the waiting game continues.

Blues1990

All that I ask, is that I don't want ALL of the female characters sound like they have consumed a tank of helium & are trying too hard to be cute.

I dont think it would take that long to know if we go by the past jump animes, there was less than a month turnaround for when world trigger was announced to get an anime to when it was revealed to be from Toei. It seems to also be a 2 week turnaround for when Food Wars anime was announced and to when the studio and staff revealed as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom