• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia Anime |OT| Go Beyond! PLUS ULTRA! (No Manga spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meffer

Lets go guys
UUTKXdWl.jpg

13episodes right? Bones cant f this up.
tumblr_o32u5mzCps1rpeq1jo1_500.png

Nah, I don't think so. The director did the first Gundam Build Fighters and that's a great show.

NEO0MJ

No, he's for real. Dude is 100% consistent. No gag character is that good.

They always leave a gap or two sometimes. HolyBaikal once seemed to have broken character. Though I guess we can all lose our nerves and do something uncharacteristic. Still, it's hard to believe that such quirky people are around and for real, like one of my Japanese anime.

Well there is a side of him you won't expect.

I hope he doesn't turn out to be Captain Hero.

I don't think I've heard of the manga, but I do see that frog girl pop up every once in a way on the Internet.

I'm actually curious about this series overall.

Meffer

They always leave a gap or two sometimes. HolyBaikal once seemed to have broken character. Though I guess we can all lose our nerves and do something uncharacteristic. Still, it's hard to believe that such quirky people are around and for real, like one of my Japanese anime.

I hope he doesn't turn out to be Captain Hero.
Nah, All Might's the best.

cntr

Banned
He's famous for the strange things, but he has complex opinions and thoughts about things that are consistent with his normal attitude, unlike a gag poster.

So yeah, he's either a brilliant actor or a real person. Or a bit of both.

Grexeno

They can easily extend it if they feel like it, I guess they are just been careful since its such a young series.
I mean, they went immediately with 2 cours for Soma, Haikyuu, Kuroku's Basket, Assassination Classroom

So the 13 episodes is more likely to be a Bones thing.

I mean, they went immediately with 2 cours for Soma, Haikyuu, Kuroku's Basket, Assassination Classroom

So the 13 episodes is more likely to be a Bones thing.

I thought its a time slot issue since two animes are in the same slot in summer, and fall has gundam IBO...either they wait until 2017 for Heroaca to air it or air some now and some in 2017

Blues1990

I know that everyone here has a soft spot for Tsuyu, but are there any other characters that you guys like in the manga & are looking forward to seeing them in action in the anime?

For me, Mina Ashido (Alien Queen) & Fumikage Tokoyami (Jet Black Hero) are my favourites, both in design and power-set. Seeing Dark Shadow in the anime will be pretty wicked, to say the least.

Grexeno

For me, Mina Ashido (Alien Queen) & Fumikage Tokoyami (Jet Black Hero) are my favourites, both in design and power-set. Seeing Dark Shadow in the anime will be pretty wicked, to say the least.
With only 13 episodes I wonder how much of Tokoyami we'll even get to see.

I know that everyone here has a soft spot for Tsuyu, but are there any other characters that you guys like in the manga & are looking forward to seeing them in action in the anime?

I'm boring, I really like Bakugou, All Might, and Ochako :p

Kaizer

Banned

I've only read the 1st volume completely so far & half of the 2nd volume, but my early favorites are Iida & Tokoyami. Tokoyami is just toooo cool lol

Speaking of the (mostly inevitable) dub, it'd be cool if they tap some more western-animation specific voices for this. I'd like to see Tim Daly as All-Might, and Kevin Conroy as Eraserhead.

I am aware that the latter is impossible.

Moaradin

Dub has already been announced lol. It's gonna be a simuldub from Funimation, so it will only be a couple weeks behind the Japanese airing.

Sou Da

Speaking of the (mostly inevitable) dub, it'd be cool if they tap some more western-animation specific voices for this. I'd like to see Tim Daly as All-Might, and Kevin Conroy as Eraserhead.

I am aware that the latter is impossible.
Surely they can get a Superman for All Might, I really don't wanna hear him coming out like Might Guy

Kaizer

Banned
Surely they can get a Superman for All Might, I really don't wanna hear him coming out like Might Guy

Funny you say that because as I've been reading the manga so far, I always imagine All Might speaking like Guy Sensei lol, well to be specific
Only when All Might is in his Quirk Mode, when he's all skeletal I imagine something closer to a Kakashi

Moonlight

Banned
To keep up the trend of Asui art:

0PWSAEm.jpg

Mina and Tokoyami are rad, glad you mentioned them. I'm excited to see Yaoyorozu too.

completely unironic about being excited for invisible girl

Blues1990

With only 13 episodes I wonder how much of Tokoyami we'll even get to see.

True. If anything, he would probably be a background character for the first run of this adaptation, unless if they are condensing several parts of the story.

I'm boring, I really like Bakugou, All Might, and Ochako :p
There's nothing wrong with that, as they are awesome characters in their own right. I like that Ochako's superhero costume looks puffy, specifically the boots.

She doesn't pop up as much as I want her to, but I hope we get some more coverage for the other students in the series. I honestly want to know why Tooru is always invisible, for one thing. Like, doesn't she worry that she'll suddenly revert to a visible state, revealing everything to the world?

I've only read the 1st volume completely so far & half of the 2nd volume, but my early favorites are Iida & Tokoyami. Tokoyami is just toooo cool lol
Tokoyami does some pretty cool things later in the series, so prepare your body for that shit. :D

Mina and Tokoyami are rad, glad you mentioned them. I'm excited to see Yaoyorozu too.

completely unironic about being excited for invisible girl

Momo is pretty thick. I like thick girls. :D
Doesn't Momo potentially have the most overpowered quirk out of the characters?

Moonlight

Banned
I honestly want to know why Tooru is always invisible, for one thing. Like, doesn't she worry that she'll suddenly revert to a visible state, revealing everything to the world?
I kinda just assumed she's permanently invisible and that's just her quirk, like Iida grew engines in his feet and Mina looks like a demon and stuff and therefore past the point of worrying if it'd turn off in at an inopportune moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom