• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia Anime |OT| Go Beyond! PLUS ULTRA! (No Manga spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aw yiss, here we are.

I see the Froppy stans have already taken over.

And yeah, this guy really gets his capes. It's some good shit.

cntr

Banned
It's more his personality and behavior, it's what turned me off from the manga when I was reading it.
But if he ends up planning ish all HxH-like I'll give the anime a watch.
Izuku is a massive wimp at the beginning, yeah, but he (re)gains confidence within the first 20 chapters of the manga.

The thing I am most excited about for this anime is that we'll finally have a weekly 'Shonen' manga being adapted into an anime, where the anime follows a 13-episode seasonal format instead of what we've seen from other recent animes like One Piece or Naruto. Those later animes had their storytelling pacing destroyed due to the anime always being so close to the manga, so i'm hopeful that this newish approach to an anime being adopted from a manga might do well & take off.

This isn't exactly new. Long-running adaptations are the exception these days. Most recent Shounen Jump (and other shounen magazine) adaptations have been seasonal, albeit typically with 2-cour seasons at a time: Kuroko, Haikyuu, Nisekoi, Soma.

JSevere

haven't read the manga yet though I've been meaning to, but I'll tune in for this, Bones + 13 episode season means we should have some nice animation

cntr

Banned
The author is, for once, a battle shonen author who can write women as good characters instead of moe stereotypes, and give them decently varied designs.

so yeah, pretty much all of them are "waifus"

munchie64

The author is, for once, a battle shonen author who can write women as good characters instead of moe stereotypes, and give them decently varied designs.

That's good to hear on both accounts.

I'm pretty excited for this!

Yeah, but Ochako's bestgirlness is so obvious, it can be tough not to judge them sometimes.
No need to fight
t2jOtHq.gif

Fandom has some real good artists

Nightbird

The author's first series had actually a female MC, he's good at stuff like that :)

Chairhome

Man, the anime i want to watch is spread out on different anime sites :-(. Crunchyroll has jojo, Funimation has MHA.

Cwarrior

~~~Staff~~~
Director: Kenji Nagasaki
Scriptwriter: Yōsuke Kuroda
Character Design: Yoshihiko Umakoshi
Music: Yūki Hayashi

Everything so far sounds mostly good, as long Someone keeps those insane studio bones writers incheck from derailling this into an anime original train wreck second half then we good.

Yea we might have been lucky enough to get One Pieces shitty animation and horrible 1 chapter per episode pacing

That doesn't sound to bad, next to Bones's shitty written anime original train wreck second half ( soul eater,fma 2003).

Hopefully at 13 episode it doesn't give much room for the writers to do anything insane, but still don't trust bones.

I would be okay with some filler tbh. Without getting into spoiler territory, the manga is really, really fast paced. I'd be okay with a couple of episodes of character-centric shenanigans now and again.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
This will be the first series where I've read the manga before watching the anime. I wonder what that will feel like.

Can't wait!

Kaizer

Banned
Everything so far sounds mostly good, as long Someone keeps those insane studio bones writers incheck from derailling this into an anime original train wreck second half then we good.

That doesn't sound to bad, next to Bones's shitty written anime original train wreck second half ( soul eater,fma 2003).

Hopefully at 13 episode it doesn't give much room for the writers to do anything insane, but still don't trust bones.

Even though I haven't watched much of either of these shows, I'd much rather prefer if MHA went the route of something like Ushio to Tora or Assassination Classroom where it takes a seasonal break and then comes back later on that year.

NEO0MJ

I have not read the manga, but I'm assuming All Might ends up being the villain

I'm excited anyway

Heh, yeah. The way he's drawn in some of those pieces make him look so suspicious. I mean, how many times can you draw a character with shaded eyes without raising questions regarding his intentions?

Meffer

Heh, yeah. The way he's drawn in some of those pieces make him look so suspicious. I mean, how many times can you draw a character with shaded eyes without raising questions regarding his intentions?
Well there is a side of him you won't expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom