• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB The show 21 cover leaked confirmed coming to Xbox

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
can't wait GIF

Might as well stick with the PlayStation version this year. Was thinking about grabbing a Switch version as well but I don’t think it’s coming this year.

dcll

Banned
I remember the last baseball game I bought was on Dreamcast and I remember the huge huge disappointment when I got it home and found out you couldn’t control the outfielder. I mean what were they thinking

InDaGulag

huh? Did I miss something?

The APPman became quite the infamous Sony stan on Twitter and YouTube, known for their emotional fanboy takes on gaming news. Their reactions to MLB going multiplatform and HZD coming to Steam were... interesting to say the least.

I think MLB forced them to make it multiplatform, they could've gone to another developer easily.

I do wonder if they will gimp the xbox/pc versions tho

Correct. In order for Sony to keep the MLB contract, they had to go multiplatorm.

And I would hope that Sony wouldn’t hobble the game. Microsoft hasn’t hobbled Minecraft or Minecraft Dungeons for the PS4/PS5...Sony did a good enough job of that on their own.

CitizenZ

Banned
That was announced last year they were going multi plat and for all intensive purposes, or should i say sensitive, sports have basically non existent to myself because they wont shut up and just play.

Last edited:

CamHostage

So PlayStation will be on an Xbox box before Xbox is on a PlayStation box. Too funny, I knew that Psychonauts 2 would be published by Xbox Game Studios (although so far, it's unclear on if there will be a boxed-copy release of Psychonauts 2?), but MS has been on other consoles in the past and that was only kind-of-mindbending to think about. Now my world (my precious, useless world of organized brand affiliation) really is flipped upside down.

Same with XGS on Minecraft I guess.
Technically, Minecraft was "published" on all platforms (including PlayStation and Nintendo consoles/portables) by Mojang.

Curiously though, the XGS branding also gets used on Xboxes, but not on non-Microsoft systems. The back of the box for Switch (I assume similar for PS4/3/Vita) does say "© 2018 Microsoft. Minecraft is a trademark of Mojang Synergies AB.", and then it lists "Microsoft Studios" instead of "Xbox Game Studios".

51iQBYx5N1L.jpg

MineCraft_Nintendo_Switch_2_back_pegi_RX3QKW4OGQGJ.jpg

51R2zrGifNL._SY445_.jpg

Also funny, the boxed copies of Minecraft Dungeons as Mojang on the front for PS/SW, but for Xbox, they seem to have forgotten the logo entirely.

Minecraft-Dungeons-Hero-Edition-physical-PS4-Xbox-One-Nintendo-Switch-box-art.jpg

Of course, who really cares except for the lawyers, but all of this is interesting and fascinating to see go down if you're old enough to be invested in the brands.

we already knew this last year? pc too and probably switch
It was officially announced that the franchise would go multiplatform, but exactly what that meant was not confirmed and still not official. If The Show was just going to PlayStation and then Mobile (or PlayStation and Stadia, that would have been comical,) maybe the press release would have been more clear. Specifically, the press release said, "additional console platforms as early as 2021", which left out confirmations of which platforms and also when to expect multiplatform releases.

So, it shouldn't be a surprise to see an Xbox MLB The Show game in 2021, but the first multiplatform MLB also could have been 2022 and not Xbox. But the good thing (for people that don't have PlayStations) is that it is this year and it's at least Xbox, hopefully more.

Last edited:
Top Bottom