• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why MLB The Show 24 Still Being on PS4 and Xbox One Is a Good Thing

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
apps.31765.13646972287350152.62639798-203d-4c5c-a7a8-d1c7ea02046e.89284b93-6c3e-42a2-a31c-8639023a810b

When MLB The Show 24 comes out for PS4 and Xbox One, it will be the 11th year that the PS4 (and thus last-gen consoles) get a version of MLB The Show.

Article here

Having the biggest pool of players available for online play does make them stronger in terms of easily finding games

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
As a fan of the Show I disagree. Keeping it on PS4 and Xbone at this point is holding back otherwise meaningful upgrades to the series. But I also don't give two tips about online play.
People will start to notice the lack up upgrades, updates at this point current gen is at war with last generation. I’ll take a look at the graphic comparisons.

CamHostage

As a fan of the Show I disagree. Keeping it on PS4 and Xbone at this point is holding back otherwise meaningful upgrades to the series. But I also don't give two rips about online play.

PS4 and Xbox aren't really holding MLB The Show back.
That's an old way building games, where horsepower demanded (and encouraged) totally rebuilt engines to harness new generations of power. A lot of graphical technology today is additive or replaceable, and a baseball videogame really isn't going to have much that would utilize advanced physics or virtual geometry or other hardware-intensive, transformative engine features. It's frustrating that the graphics only improved so much with the PS5 release and that there are still bugs or other issues which have sat in there for years, but making the game look better (besides the requisite upgrades of framerate and resolution and detail layers and cloth simulation and reflections) or play better would mostly require a bigger budget, not a bigger console.

Last edited:
Top Bottom