• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

System Shock remake for PS5, Xbox Series, PS4, and Xbox One launches May 21

Draugoth

Gold Member
System-Shock-Consoles_03-12-24-1024x576.jpg

The System Shock remake will launch for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One on May 21, publisher Prime Matter and developer Nightdive Studios announced.

The remake first launched for PC via Steam, Epic Games Store, and GOG on May 30, 2023.

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
I hope they did their homework with implementing an efficient control scheme for consoles and have a streamlined approach for vaporizing junk on top.

Otherwise, game of the year 2023 drops within the next two months on consoles. Pretty exciting.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
To live to see the day… Double dip day 1 for support.

Everyone who wants real, non casual games…. Play this game. The game gives you as little guidance as there is. Had to use a guide several times when I was playing it on PC. Vital directions on what to do in some random audio files? Check. The game doesn’t care.

I waited so many years for this to release, backed the kickstarter in the prehistoric age ... then it finally releases last year in such a horrible technical state I just gave up even attempting to play it. Left such a bad taste that I just totally gave up on anything related to this studio.

Dr. Suchong

Art direction looks top tier.
Tastefully adding just enough visual pizzazz without diluting the aesthetic and tone of the original.

Corian33

Great game, beat it a couple months ago. Like others said, it requires you to actually pay attention to the information you are given. There was one thing that was extremely annoying
if you didn’t know about collecting the code numbers as you went through the game, you had to backtrack through the entire game to write down a few numbers. Totally killed the momentum building up to the finale.

Otherwise fantastic experience!

Last edited:

Burger

Something weird going on with this game. The developer (Nightdive) has been sitting on the 1.2 patch for PC for about 6 months now, adds cloud saves and a huge list of improvements, of which the release notes already exist. However Prime Matter (the publisher) won't release the patch for whatever reason. They won't say why, but it sounds like the 2 companies do not get on very well.

Something weird going on with this game. The developer (Nightdive) has been sitting on the 1.2 patch for PC for about 6 months now, adds cloud saves and a huge list of improvements, of which the release notes already exist. However Prime Matter (the publisher) won't release the patch for whatever reason. They won't say why, but it sounds like the 2 companies do not get on very well.
I read they will release the patch the day the console versions are released to give all players the same experience at once. Why? Don't know.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Despite unofficial box arts for physical PS4/XBO versions, Engadget reports that these will be a digital-only affair on PS4/XBO:

Such a shame. As impressive as it is to see 10 year old hardware getting pretty big releases, darn it i wish this was physical.

xrnzaaas

Finally, I played the PC version and loved it. Absolutely double dipping to support the studio (and to play this gem again).

Top Bottom