• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Midnight in the Desert with Art Bell |OT| All Things Paranormal... Wanna Take a Ride?

Talonz

I'm drunk and I'm listening to RCH for the first time. I guess I'm in for a treat. Open lines was way too short!

They need to figure out a way to have past shows play in our favorite podcast app like some other shows do. I would like to listen while at work and I don’t want to stream on my phone all day.

I would pay $5 a month to download and listen in Pocketcasts, if the show is good.

Yeah—I'm paying the $5 but expected they'd have private feed urls. If they don't add it soon I'm just going to write a scraper and do it myself.

Coins

Banned
They need to figure out a way to have past shows play in our favorite podcast app like some other shows do. I would like to listen while at work and I don’t want to stream on my phone all day.

I would pay $5 a month to download and listen in Pocketcasts, if the show is good.

Can you not just save the links to the shows? I can on Android.

Yka

Looking forward to tonight's show! Art's guest is Richard Dolan who's probably my favorite researcher in ufology.

art_bell_richard_dolan_zpsglkkzfho.jpg
richard_dolan_book_small_zps3dc1tn0g.jpg

This should be an entertaining show if you have any interest in the subject matter. Dolan's latest book is UFOs for the 21st Century Mind: A Fresh Guide to an Ancient Mystery.

EDIT: Great show! Nothing really new but it's always enjoyable to listen to Richard Dolan.

It was surprising to hear that Art and Richard haven't talked to each other before. Richard has appeared on C2CAM 28 times since 2002 but only with Noory, Knapp and Whitley Strieber.

Exis

I am paying for the show, but they need a podcast feed and frankly with all the other podcasts I listen to 2-4 hours a night is a bit much.

Yka

Tonight's guest is Preston Dennett. I heard him on Jimmy Church's show last year and liked the interview. A pretty laid back guy who investigates UFOs and the paranormal.

EDIT #1: This is entertaining! I haven't heard him talk about OBE (out-of-body experience) before.

obe_small_zpsecve7ahc.jpg

EDIT #2: The best show yet! Topic was interesting and I laughed a lot.

Alcibiades

Any idea on number of listeners?

I can't imagine it is anywhere near Coast 2 Coast AM considering the delivery method...

Yka

How were this week's guests? I think I missed all week due to forgetting, being out of town, or similar.

Dolan was great as usual and Dennett was really "out there" and hilarious. Check out my earlier comments. I skipped the other two guests.

See you guys next week. Maybe we will have a new thread title by then...

Ozium

So glad I decided to randomly look at off topic and see this thread.. This is the first I am hearing about Art being back..

I am so happy...

I don't listen to C2C much because I don't like the direction the show took but there's a local show here that I enjoy, it's on right before C2C and Art's time slot will let me keep listening...

the show is called darkness radio, www.darknessradio.com you can listen live if you want and they have free archives IIRC, the host sometimes fills in for Noory on the weekend and that's about the only time I will listen to C2C these days...

check it out if you want more

ISOM

So glad I decided to randomly look at off topic and see this thread.. This is the first I am hearing about Art being back..

I am so happy...

I don't listen to C2C much because I don't like the direction the show took but there's a local show here that I enjoy, it's on right before C2C and Art's time slot will let me keep listening...

the show is called darkness radio, www.darknessradio.com you can listen live if you want and they have free archives IIRC, the host sometimes fills in for Noory on the weekend and that's about the only time I will listen to C2C these days...

check it out if you want more

What's wrong with current C2C? I used to listen to the show all the time and was thinking of resubscribing for missing the last few years.

Ozium

What's wrong with current C2C? I used to listen to the show all the time and was thinking of resubscribing for missing the last few years.

less of a focus on paranormal and more on politics and current events. the more corporate structure of the show makes it seem like more ads than discussion at times.. it's like top of the hour news break, then 10 minutes of show, then commercials, then 10 minutes of show, then commercials, then 15 minutes of show but the first minute is george reading an ad, etc.

a lot of times guests will only be on for half the show and they end up only taking calls for the last 30 minutes, when they do open lines everything seems so screened and sanitzed.. and I'm not too big on Noory's interview style

that's what it feels like to me at any rate... it's all subjective anyways

Teknoman

Yeah, a new OT title for this thread. I asked for feedback last week and I'm almost ready to contact a moderator. I will send you a PM if I need more help with the OT title.

Yeah you sent one, but didn't know if they wanted us to just use this for now for some odd reason.

The host is a dullard; master of idiots. Seriously, don't waste your money. Art's new show picks up right where he left off when he left C2C. Yes, Dark Matter happened, but this feels way more legit.

George Noory completely destroyed C2C and the legacy that Art left him with.

Any idea on number of listeners?

I can't imagine it is anywhere near Coast 2 Coast AM considering the delivery method...

Art seems to be happy with the amount of subscribers, they have a good deal of followers on TuneIn, and don't forget the show is on Shortwave, and is also being carried by a few large markets (Toronto, Portland, maybe a few more...) It may take some time but the show will take off in a big way, I think.

Yka

Thanks for all the OT title votes! There is still time to express your opinion. It's a close race...

Send me a PM if you would like to participate but didn't get the details from me yesterday.

Orayn

Looking forward to tonight's episode. I've fallen into a nice pattern of listening to the first 2 hours of the Monday through Thursday episodes. For whatever reason, the calls on MitD just don't entertain me the way old C2C AM ones did. Maybe it has to do with all the tryhard ghost stories from /x/ as opposed to the genuine weirdos of the 90's and early 00's.

Looking forward to tonight's episode. I've fallen into a nice pattern of listening to the first 2 hours of the Monday through Thursday episodes. For whatever reason, the calls on MitD just don't entertain me the way old C2C AM ones did. Maybe it has to do with all the tryhard ghost stories from /x/ as opposed to the genuine weirdos of the 90's and early 00's.

Yea hopefully once the appeal of Art being back ends, and everyone has had the chance to welcome him back, the calls will get more weird. Overall though the show has been fantastic.

Narag

Oh yeah, watching art broadcast on periscope.tv while doing his show is pretty neat. Just kinda rocks out to his bumper music. :lol

Oh yeah, watching art broadcast on periscope.tv while doing his show is pretty neat. Just kinda rocks out to his bumper music. :lol

I was wondering what he was talking about when he mentione dthat. This is seriously like the days of Broadcast.com and RealAudio. Seriously, I remember staying up late on my Packard Bell trying to connect to Art Bell's webcam with shitty RealAudio.

Fuck, I miss the 90s.

Yka

Exciting show coming tonight! A debate between Jay Weidner and Stanton Friedman. Both men are among my favorite guests. I wonder what the topic of debate will be?

Weidner has just released his new movie The Last Avatar on Vimeo. He has made two Kubrick's Odyssey documentaries and part three is in the works.

81-year-old Friedman is one of the most respected researchers in ufology. I don't know where he gets his energy! I guess you stay young if you keep doing what you love.

EDIT: Moon landing debate!

apollo_11_moon_landing_small_zpsqgph26cl.jpg

Norml

Exciting show coming tonight! A debate between Jay Weidner and Stanton Friedman. Both men are among my favorite guests. I wonder what the topic of debate will be?

Weidner has just released his new movie The Last Avatar on Vimeo. He has made two Kubrick's Odyssey documentaries and part three is in the works.

81-year-old Friedman is one of the most respected researchers in the ufology. I don't know where he gets his energy! I guess you stay young if you keep doing what you love.

Tuesday | Jay Weidner | jayweidner.com | Stanton Friedman | stantonfriedman.com | @stantfriedman | DEBATE!!!

t1438747200z4.png

This should be a good show.Never heard of the Jay guy ,but Friedman is always fun to listen to.

Coins

Banned

81-year-old Friedman is one of the most respected researchers in the ufology. I don't know where he gets his energy! I guess you stay young if you keep doing what you love.

Tuesday | Jay Weidner | jayweidner.com | Stanton Friedman | stantonfriedman.com | @stantfriedman | DEBATE!!!

t1438747200z4.png

This will be awesome. When are you going to make the OT?

shoplifter

Tonight should be good. This show is the best $5 I spend every month. I usually listen to Clyde Lewis (whose Friday show was amazingly good - or at least entertaining) when I get to work in the morning, then pop Art on once I've had the chance to wake up.

Top Bottom