• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Midnight in the Desert with Art Bell |OT| All Things Paranormal... Wanna Take a Ride?

Yka

Midnight in the Desert with Art Bell | Mon-Fri 9PM-1AM PT / 12AM-4AM ET | Free LIVE stream on Dark Matter Digital Network & TuneIn

auEE93Uz.jpg
CX69us9a.jpg

Classic Art Bell C2CAM shows | YouTube channel | Art's Reddit AMA | Art's BellGab updates | ArtBell.com | @ArtBell51 | Art's Facebook

Show and thread info

Midnight in the Desert is a new internet based late night talk radio show hosted by Coast to Coast AM founder Art Bell.

The show deals with topics like UFOs, aliens, ghosts, cryptids, time travel, mysteries, science and modern technology.

Art is famous for his unscreened open lines nights. You never know who will call in and what crazy story you will hear.

In this thread we can live chat while listening to the show and discuss the varied show topics. Have fun and post often!

Art is the godfather of paranormal radio so we can also talk about other similar radio shows and podcasts in this thread.

UPDATE: 4.14.2018 Art Bell has passed away at 72

When I woke up today I saw the news that Art Bell had passed away. I found Coast to Coast AM by chance in March 2008 and since then, for the past ten years, I have been hooked to paranormal radio shows and podcasts and studying all of these varied topics. Thank you Art for inspiring and entertaining so many of us!

Yka

Remembering Art Bell | Midnight in the Desert | Coast to Coast AM | Dreamland | The Unexplained | NeoGAF

UPDATE: 8.15.2016 Getting stronger...
Hello everybody, just a quick update on me. I have had a rough patch. I spent five days at the hospital in Las Vegas with a really bad case of pneumonia which left me so damn weak I could not put on my own socks, doctor said it was a close call and I agree. It has now been a month since my last meds and I have been trying to exercise every day to get stronger, it seems to be working, I am slowly getting stronger. I have had pneumonia before but nothing like this, it hit fast and really hard.

I still miss being able to do a show and will do some when I can, I guess that passion will never leave me till I make the final transition. Anyway that's about it for now.

Art

I hope we will hear Art back on air soon! For ease of daily use, I have moved the radio show and podcast links up here from the end of this post and added links to the live streams. Watch this thread or bookmark this page and discover your new favorite paranormal radio shows and podcasts. Have fun!

UPDATE: 12.11.2015 The announcement
I am sorry to have to announce this but I will not be on tonight or any other night, yes I am going to hang it up. Whoever this crazy person is, they are not stopping and it has come to the point that we as a family do not feel it is worth the risk. While I think the person or persons are after me, my wife and now my daughter are really scared, the other night after the latest incident my daughter was off in the corner of her bed scared to death as the police cars came screaming up. I will not put my family through this. As you all know I dearly love what I do but not at the expense of never ending terrorism. I want to thank those of you who have shown so much support and it has been my joy, short as it has been to have cracked that mic open for a last time. This was a family decision. The girls stuck with me and still would but if one of them were harmed because of what I love doing my life would be over.

Art

Midnight in the Desert with Heather Wade (the show continues with Art's producer as its host, Mon-Fri 9PM-1AM PT / 12AM-4AM ET) | DMDN | TuneIn

Other radio shows and podcasts in this genre (in no particular order)

The Gralien Report with Micah Hanks (Hanks + Dolan + Church = Great Monday evening on KGRA, Mon 3PM-5PM PT / 6PM-8PM ET) | TuneIn

The Richard Dolan Show (Mr. Breakaway Civilization, one of the best UFO researchers, Mon 5PM-7PM PT / 8PM-10PM ET) | Archive | TuneIn

Dark Matters Radio with Don Ecker (new entry 2018, Fri-Sat 5PM-7PM PT / 8PM-10PM ET) | Archive | TuneIn

Late Night in the Midlands with Michael Vara (new entry 2017, Mon-Fri 6PM-9PM PT / 9PM-12AM ET) | YouTube Archive | TuneIn

Fade to Black with Jimmy Church (potential future main host of C2CAM, Mon-Thu 7PM-10PM PT / 10PM-1AM ET) | YouTube Archive | TuneIn

Ground Zero with Clyde Lewis (on air since 1995, the man can talk, Mon-Fri 7PM-12AM PT / 10PM-3AM ET) | SoundCloud Archive | TuneIn

Beyond Reality Radio with Jason Hawes and JV Johnson (Ghost Hunters on radio, new entry 2017, Mon-Thu 9PM-11PM PT / 12AM-2AM ET) | Archive

The Secret Teachings with Ryan Gable (this guy is like a young Jordan Maxwell; Sun, Wed & Sat 9PM-12AM PT / 12AM-3AM ET) | Internet Archive | TuneIn

Coast to Coast AM with George Noory (I never miss his monthly show with Linda Moulton Howe), Mon-Fri 10PM-2AM PT / 1AM-5AM ET) | YouTube Search | TuneIn

Coast to Coast AM with George Knapp (the best George, 2-4 times a month, Sat-Sun 10PM-2AM PT / 1AM-5AM ET) | YouTube Search | TuneIn

The Other Side of Midnight with Richard C. Hoagland (Mr. Face on Mars, Sat-Sun 9PM-12AM PT / 12AM-3AM ET) | BlogTalkRadio Archive

The Morning Show with Patrick Timpone ("Health, wealth and well-being", Tony Pantalleresco is a great guest, Mon-Fri 7AM-9AM PT / 10AM-12PM ET) | TuneIn

Phenomenon Radio with Linda Moulton Howe and John Burroughs (new entry 2017, Thu 2PM-5PM PT / 5PM-8PM ET) | Archive | TuneIn

Beyond the Darkness with Dave Schrader and Tim Dennis ("There is a place that is spoken about only in whispers...") | PodcastOne Archive

Dreamland with Whitley Strieber (founded by Art and headed by Whitley since 1999, he's a great host and author) | Interviews on YouTube

The Higherside Chats with Greg Carlwood (thorough interviews, one of my favorites right now!) | YouTube Archive

Where Did the Road Go with Seriah Azkath (a nice guy, I enjoy listening to his show) | YouTube Archive

The Paracast with Gene Steinberg and Christopher O'Brien (a great show, recommended by gaffer EBreda)

Legalise Freedom with Greg Moffitt (I like his remote viewing shows) | Remote Viewing Shows | YouTube Archive

The Unexplained with Howard Hughes (huge Art Bell fan from UK)

Dark Journalist with Daniel Liszt (good interviews) | YouTube Archive

Campfire with Jim Harold (true ghost stories as told by real people)

The Paranormal Podcast with Jim Harold (interviews with experts on the supernatural)

Skeptiko with Alex Tsakiris ("We aren't biological robots in a meaningless universe...", not so skeptic) | Archive

Magical Mystery Media with John and Adam (new entry 2017)

Mysterious Universe with Benjamin Grundy and Aaron Wright (the original Australian podcast)

The Grimerica Show with Darren Grimes and Graham Dunlop ("Canadian version" of Mysterious Universe) | YouTube Archive

Expanded Perspectives with Kyle Philson and Cam Hale ("Texan version" of Mysterious Universe) | Podbay Archive

Blurry Photos with David Flora and Dave Stecco (recommended by gaffer octobot) | Archive

Behind the Paranormal with Paul and Ben Eno (father-son pair, new entry 2017) | Archive

Jordan Maxwell Show (Mr. Occult) | American Freedom Radio Archive 2017 | 2018 | Interviews on YouTube

Project Camelot with Kerry Cassidy (whistleblower extravaganza) | YouTube Archive

Connecting Consciousness with Simon Parkes and JayPee (his second mother was a mantis being, new entry 2017) | YouTube Archive

The Joe Rogan Experience (great conversations with Graham Hancock, Randall Carlson, Neil deGrasse Tyson, etc.) | YouTube Archive

Buzzsaw with Sean Stone (conspiracy theory; like father, like son) | YouTube Archive

StarTalk Radio with Neil deGrasse Tyson (Mr. Astrophysics, fun science show) | Interviews on YouTube

Exploration with Michio Kaku (Mr. Theoretical physics, interesting science show) | Interviews on YouTube

Convert YouTube videos to MP3s with Clip Converter. Change the audio bitrate to get smaller MP3 files (e.g. 128 kbps).

Am I missing something good? Any recommendations? Any Art Bell memories to share? When did you start listening to C2CAM? Favorite topics and guests?

Special "Neil deGrasse Tyson is a guest on Art Bell's show tonight" GAF thread for 10.29.2015 show! First hour on YouTube!

wwLVUOE6.jpg

Show trailers on YouTube | Must watch for every Art Bell fan!

Midnight in the Desert with Art Bell - Trailer #01
Midnight in the Desert with Art Bell - Trailer #02 - EVPs
Midnight in the Desert with Art Bell - Trailer #03 - Classic Calls
Midnight in the Desert with Art Bell - Trailer #04 - Mars
Midnight in the Desert with Art Bell - Trailer #05 - UFOs
Midnight in the Desert with Art Bell - Trailer #06 - Ghosts
Midnight in the Desert with Art Bell - Trailer #07 - Bigfoot
Midnight in the Desert with Art Bell - Trailer #08 - Alien Abductions
Midnight in the Desert with Art Bell - Trailer #09 - The Sounds from Hell
Midnight in the Desert with Art Bell - Trailer #10 - Open Lines

Art Bell interviewed by Heather Wade 7.18.2015 (she was known as (Redacted) back then)

Midnight in the Desert with Art Bell - Special pre-launch interview

Midnight in the Desert | Show schedule
I maintained the show schedule here from 7.20.2015 till 12.11.2015 but I'm at least going to take a break from doing that as Art has decided to quit as the host of Midnight in the Desert. The show continues with Art's producer Heather Wade as its host and Art might come back to host episodes in the future. Feel free to bump the thread and PM me if that ever happens!Go to ArtBell.com to find out who's today's guest on Midnight in the Desert! And of course we can still continue discussion about paranormal radio shows and podcasts in this thread.

Yka

Schedule for December 7 - December 11 | 2015 | Art's final week

Monday | Neil Sanders | neilsandersmindcontrol.com | @NeilSandersMC | Mind control

BB0XDauT.jpg

Tuesday | David Jacobs | ufoabduction.com | Alien abduction - Part III

strrx5f5.jpg

David Jacobs is a retired professor of history at Temple University in Philadelphia. He has also been a UFO researcher since 1966. In 1973, he completed his doctoral dissertation in field of intellectual history at the University of Wisconsin-Madison on the controversy over unidentified flying objects in America. This was only the second Ph.D. degree granted with a dissertation involving a UFO-related theme. Jacobs' new book is Walking Among Us: The Alien Plan to Control Humanity. Audiobook version on Audible.com.

He has written and delivered many articles, papers, and addresses on the subject of UFOs and abductions. He has been a consultant to the major UFO organizations. From 1977 to 2011 he taught the country’s only regular curriculum university course on UFOs and abductions: UFOs and American Society. Since the early 1980s, he has specialized in the UFO abduction phenomenon. He has investigated over 1,150 abductions with 150 individuals. Art Bell discusses human-alien hybrids with professor David Jacobs on Midnight in the Desert (4:00)
Wednesday | Replay show | Michio Kaku | mkaku.org | @michiokaku | Theoretical physics and many other topics

CqeeDjUC.jpg

Dr. Michio Kaku co-founded the String Field Theory and is a theoretical physicist, bestselling author, acclaimed public speaker, renowned futurist, and popularizer of science. Dr. Kaku continues Einstein's search for a Theory of Everything, seeking to unify the four fundamental forces of the universe: the strong force, the weak force, gravity and electromagnetism.

Dr. Kaku is the author of several Ph.D. level textbooks and has had more than 70 articles published in physics journals, covering topics such as superstring theory, supergravity, supersymmetry, and hadronic physics. He has starred in science programs on Discovery, Science Channel, BBC, ABC, and the History Channel. Dr. Kaku hosts Science Fantastic and Explorations in Science, two weekly radio programs heard on stations around the country and podcast around the world. Dr. Kaku's author page on Amazon.com.
Thursday | Replay show | Tess Gerritsen | tessgerritsen.com | @tessgerritsen | Suspense novels

6Xl9diYQ.jpg

Friday | The announcement | Art Bell quits...

Live stream | Dark Matter Digital Network | AAC stream | MP3 stream | TalkStreamLive | TuneIn

Radio stations | Tune in to a radio station that plays Art's show in your area!

Podcast | Official Midnight in the Desert RSS feed for podcast subscribers ($4.99/month).

Call-in number | 1-952-CALLART / 1-952-225-5278 | Unscreened open lines on Fridays!

First time caller line | 1-775-285-5800 | Special line | 1-575-208-7787 | UK caller line | 0203-807-0703

Skype Art | North America - mitd51 | International - mitd55 | Use a proper headset/microphone when you call into the show!

Skype Heather | North America - mitd11 | International - mitd21 | Use a proper headset/microphone when you call into the show!

And the most important thing for all callers to remember... Turn off your radio! ;)

Mobile apps | TuneIn Radio for live streaming the show | Skype for calling into the show | Periscope for live streaming video on open lines nights

Contact Art Bell | artbell@knye.com | Art Bell sites | ArtBell.com | @ArtBell51 | Facebook | YouTube

Contact Heather Wade | heather@midnightinthedesert.com | Heather Wade sites | @ArtBellProducer | Facebook #1 | Facebook #2

Guest suggestions | Producer Michelle | michelle@midnightinthedesert.com | Don't forget guest's contact details (email address or phone number)!

Theme songs | Opening theme "Chase" by Giorgio Moroder | Ending theme "Midnight in the Desert" by Crystal Gayle

EDIT: 9.24.2015 OP continues in post #3...

Last edited:

Yka

I remember listening to this bit live...

Yeah, that is a classic Art Bell moment. So funny and suspenseful. I don't have more information about it.

This is another classic open lines call...

Frantic Area 51 caller

...he called back 7 months later...

Area 51 caller calls back

...and was a guest on Fade to Black last year...

Area 51 caller returns!

OP continues...

Upcoming guests (date unknown)

Alan Arnette | alanarnette.com | @alan_arnette | Mountain climbing, Mount Everest and K2
Robert Bauval | robertbauval.co.uk | @RobertBauval | Ancient Egypt
Chris Carter | IMDb - Chris Carter | The X-Files (interviewed by Heather 1.28.2016)
Tobias McGriff | blueorbtours.com | @TobiasMcGriff | Dark entity encounters (interviewed by Heather 12.14.2015)
Charles Ostman | Future technologies (interviewed by Heather 1.12.2016)
Whitley Strieber | unknowncountry.com | strieber.com | @WhitleyStrieber | His experiences (interviewed by Heather 2.16.2016)
Alexandre Tannous | soundmeditation.com | Sound meditation (interviewed by Heather 12.16.2015)

Let me know if you come across future guests who aren't mentioned here or on ArtBell.com. Thanks!

Past guests

July 20 | Graham Hancock | grahamhancock.com | @Graham__Hancock | Ancient history
July 21 | Charles Faddis | epictimes.com/charlesfaddis | @CHARLESFADDIS | Biological terrorism
July 22 | Linda Moulton Howe | earthfiles.com | @Earthfiles | High strangeness
July 23 | Nassim Haramein | resonance.is | @NassimHaramein | Unified physics

July 27 | Grant Cameron | presidentialufo.com | UFOs
July 28 | Richard Dolan | richarddolanpress.com | @RichDolan | UFOs
July 29 | Preston Dennett | prestondennett.weebly.com | OBE (out-of-body experience)
July 30 | John Dvorak | amazon.com/John-Dvorak | Geophysics and astronomy

August 4 | Jay Weidner | jayweidner.com | & | Stanton Friedman | stantonfriedman.com | @stantfriedman | Moon landing debate
August 5 | Jon "TheMorgile" | youtube.com/user/TheMorgile | & | Josh Grindlay | astronomy.fas.harvard.edu/people/josh-e-grindlay | Flat Earth debate
August 6 | Michael Rugg | bigfootdiscoveryproject.com | Bigfoot
August 7 | Travis Walton | travis-walton.com | Alien abduction

August 10 | Joe McMoneagle | mceagle.com | Remote viewing
August 11 | Seth Shostak | seti.org/users/sshostak | @SethShostak | SETI (search for extraterrestrial intelligence)
August 13 | Blanche Barton | churchofsatan.com | @ChurchofSatan | Satanism
August 14 | Andrew D. Basiago | Facebook - Andrew D. Basiago | Time travel

August 17 | Joe Rogan | joerogan.net | @joerogan | David Sereda | davidsereda.net
August 18 | Jack Ashcraft | trueexorcist.com | @FrJackAshcraft | Exorcism
August 19 | Jim Sanders | & | Bill Birnes | futuretheater.com
August 20 | Brendan Cook | & | Barbara McBeath | Facebook - Ghost Investigators Society | Ghosts and EVP (electronic voice phenomenon)

August 24 | Dean Radin | deanradin.com | @DeanRadin | Psychic abilities
August 25 | Gerald Celente | trendsresearch.com | @geraldcelente | Economic trends | Peter Robbins | UFOs
August 26 | Marcus Hutter | hutter1.net | Artificial intelligence
August 27 | Ron Klatz | immortalitynow.net | @DrRonKlatz | Anti-aging medicine

August 31 | David Darling | daviddarling.info | @drdaviddarling | Extraterrestrial life, mega-catastrophes and many other topics
September 1 | Patrick Burns | patrick-burns.com | @patrick_burns | Ghost hunting
September 2 | Peter Davenport | nuforc.org | UFOs
September 3 | Linda Godfrey | lindagodfrey.com | @lindasgodfrey | Werewolf and other cryptids
September 4 | Mike "Madman" Marcum | Time travel

September 7 | David Paulides | canammissing.com | @canammissing | Mysterious disappearances
September 8 | Debbie Anderson | Witchcraft
September 9 | Elaine | Bigfoot
September 10 | David Pares | paresspacewarpresearch.org | Warp drive

September 14 | Charles Maxwell | afieldfullofsecrets.com | Crop circles
September 15 | Loyd Auerbach | mindreader.com | @profparanormal | Parapsychology
September 16 | David Weatherly | twocrowsparanormal.blogspot.com | Black-eyed children, shadow people and other spooky stories
September 17 | John Burroughs | Rendlesham Forest UFO incident

September 21 | Jeffrey Long | nderf.org | NDE (near-death experience)
September 22 | Kevin Trenberth | ncar.ucar.edu | Climate change
September 24 | David Jacobs | ufoabduction.com | Alien abduction - Part I

September 28 | Nick Redfern | nickredfernfortean.blogspot.com | @nickredfernufo | Men in Black
September 29 | Steven Starr | nucleardarkness.org | Nuclear war
September 30 | Albert Taylor | OBE (out-of-body experience)
October 1 | Michael Maginot | Exorcism

October 5 | Tess Gerritsen | tessgerritsen.com | @tessgerritsen | Suspense novels
October 6 | Ronald Mallett | Time travel
October 7 | Ron Morehead | ronmorehead.com | Scott Nelson | Bigfoot
October 8 | Kevin Mitnick | mitnicksecurity.com | @kevinmitnick | Hacking

October 12 | Dennis McKenna | heffter.org | @DennisMcKenna4 | Psychedelic research
October 13 | Barry Taff | barrytaff.net | @barrytaff | Parapsychology
October 14 | Steven Greer | siriusdisclosure.com | @DrStevenGreer | Disclosure project
October 15 | Jim Elvidge | theuniversesolved.com | @universesolved | Alien megastructure | Cynthia Larson | realityshifters.com | @cynthialarson | Reality shifts

October 20 | David Jacobs | ufoabduction.com | Alien abduction - Part II
October 21 | William Forstchen | onesecondafter.com | Space elevator and EMP attack (electromagnetic pulse attack)
October 22 | Douglas Mulhall | ourmolecularfuture.com | Nanotechnology

October 26 | Michael Lynch | Podcast - Conspiracy Agents | The ghost phenomenon
October 27 | Tish Owen | tishowen.com | Witches, spells and curses
October 28 | Joel Martin | & | Bill Birnes | futuretheater.com | Paranormal America
October 29 | Neil deGrasse Tyson | haydenplanetarium.org/tyson | @neiltyson | Astronomy and many other topics
October 30 | Barbara McBeath | Facebook - Ghost Investigators Society | Halloween show Dead Air (ghost stories and EVP recordings)

November 2 | Cody Lundin | codylundin.com | Survival skills
November 3 | Linda Moulton Howe | earthfiles.com | @Earthfiles | Star KIC 8462852 and many other topics
November 4 | Deborah Moffitt | Facebook - A Deadly Haunting | Moffitt family haunting
November 5 | Gregory Paxson | Past life regression

November 9 | Ralph Sarchie | Facebook - The Demon Files | Demonology
November 10 | Jim Elvidge | theuniversesolved.com | @universesolved | Simulated reality
November 11 | Warren Faidley | stormchaser.com | @Stormchaser | Storm chasing
November 12 | Gillian Holloway | flashofspirit.com | @Lifetreks | Dreams and lucid dreaming
November 13 | Richard Hahn | rhahninc.com | John Batchelor | johnbatchelorshow.com | @batchelorshow | Paris terror attack

November 16 | Jill Heinerth | intotheplanet.com | @jillheinerth | Cave diving
November 17 | Kevin Randle | kevinrandle.blogspot.com | UFOs
November 18 | Jeffrey Scott Holland | floridazone.blogspot.com | @Telecrylic | Feral humans

November 23 | Michio Kaku | mkaku.org | @michiokaku | Theoretical physics and many other topics
November 25 | R. Scott Lemriel | paralleltime.com | @Lemriel | Extraterrestrial agenda

November 30 | Ken Gerhard | kengerhard.com | Mothman and other flying cryptids
December 1 | Todd Robbins | toddrobbins.com | @toddrobbins | All things unusual
December 3 | Sally Vander Veer | medicinemandenver.com | Legal marijuana

December 7 | Neil Sanders | neilsandersmindcontrol.com | @NeilSandersMC | Mind control
December 8 | David Jacobs | ufoabduction.com | Alien abduction - Part III

OP: 4.15.2015 The announcement

Coast to Coast AM founder Art Bell launches a new show called “Midnight in the Desert” in late July.

The Final Results, Art Bell IS Coming Back!
After extensive analysis and elongated negotiations with several suiters, we have decided that we can go ahead on the planned launch of “Midnight in the Desert” in late July, using a business model that will allow us to manage the entire operation on our own.

As was hinted by Art via his Facebook feed, we thought about it, compared the numbers and decided we could pay for bandwidth, pay the commercial licensing fees, pay our own overhead and still be financially viable, assuming the following conditions:

1. We have a considerable number of fans subscribe to a membership service that allows you to access the archived shows anytime via the website for a reasonable $5 / month.

2. We can sell advertising to be played during the breaks during the show. Not a lot, but enough to help pay for the music licensing during the LIVE FREE stream.

3. We can successfully curb pirated posts of our content to the Internet.

We’ll be operating under a certain specific licensing model that will allow us to ramp up from a “small webcaster” status into a large broadcaster in the future. It is imperitive that we earn enough through subscribers and ads sales to pay the bandwidth costs and music licensing fees. We believe that we can ramp up successfully using the current models in place at this time.

However, this happens to be the year (2015) that music industry participants are negotiating the next 5 years (2016-2020) rates for music licensing on the Internet. It is a wide open arena, and some license models may not survive. But we believe that we can operate under the current 2015 model for 6 months, and eventually fit into a 2016 model that is still cost effective.

We hope to recoup all of our investments within the first 6 months, so we can better endure the cost increases that will inevitably happen in 2016. If the fans support us with memberships and the advertisers are satisfied, we should be good for a long while.

Keep watching here for the launch date announcement and further updates as we can pass along. We’ll let you know when it’s time to promote the show.

His last comeback in 2013 on SiriusXM lasted six weeks. I hope this show will have a lot longer life span. Art is a living legend of late night talk radio!

EDIT #1: 4.27.2015 Oh, the drama...

Art Puts Comeback on Hold
Announcement

I am sorry to announce that Keith Rowland has informed me tonight that he no longer wants to move forward (he quit). This follows a conversation I had with him in which I asked him to not snap at people. I was concerned because he was in charge of the Business side of the deal which is a lot of work and involves dealing with people. Business is built on relationships. He said the stress of all this was to much for him which is understandable because there is a great deal to do on his side. He further told me that he will turn his Network over to somebody else. All this was as much a shock to me as I am sure it is to you.

As a result of this, it is less likely that I will move forward because I can not handle both The Talk Host part of the job as well as the Music License matters, the Streaming deals that have to be made, the Website, the Producer he had lined up and much more.

Since I have already bought all the Studio gear I will go ahead and build the Studio with the hope of finding a way forward. This is not me saying I quit, it is me saying that right now I don’t see a way to get it all done. If I can find a way, I will do so, but this is kind of a stopper for the moment. I will keep you all informed.

Art

EDIT #2: 4.28.2015 Wanna take a ride?

And The Roller Coaster Goes Up Again
Ok, Keith and I have made amends and will go forward as planned, we were both under a very great deal of stress and it is no reason to ruin a very long friendship.

So Midnight in the Desert continues!

Art

EDIT #3: 5.13.2015 All the details...

Art Bell’s New Show FAQ
Art is returning to broadcasting on the Internet on July 20th on the Dark Matter Digital Network.

The show is now called “Midnight in the Desert” and will broadcast LIVE from 9pm to Midnight Pacific, Midnight to 3am Eastern for FREE, Monday thru Friday.

You can listen via a link on this website, or use an app on your smartphone or tablet. Currently you can listen via the TuneIn Radio app. Install TuneIn Radio from your App store and search for Dark Matter Digital Network and you’ll be listening to the current schedule of shows.

On-demand archives for Art’s show will be available under the subscription membership service.

Click for more...

EDIT #4: 6.10.2015 Art's new home studio. Picture taken today.

EDIT #5: 7.20.2015 Art's new show launches! Author Graham Hancock is his first guest!

EDIT #6: 9.21.2015 Big announcement
It has been a great two months start but now it's time to get serious.

Starting Oct 1st Midnight in the Desert will send an XDS feed by satellite to almost 4000 radio stations in stereo, which means all they have to do is flip a switch and we are on.

Now that we are taking this step, we need your help.

Please call your local station manager or program director, tell them you would like Midnight in the Desert on their station and that we are now starting Oct 1st on XDS.

Share this with everyone! It's time to take back the night.

Art Bell

Contact info for radio stations
Thanks for your interest in carrying Art Bell on your radio station.

Please email your request to affiliates@artbell.com and include your station call, market area, and website address and of course your personal contact info.

Thank you, we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Art also has a new YouTube channel. Short show clips and some longer interviews like the full Joe Rogan interview.

EDIT #7: 12.11.2015 Art Bell quits... Midnight in the Desert continues with Art's producer Heather Wade as its host and Art might come back to host episodes in the future.

Tesseract

Banned
he's kinda obsolete with the mysterious universe existing, unless your kick is theatrics. still, i'm happy to see him return and wish him well.

Absolutely love art bell. Will subscribe.

He better do a ghost to ghost type show

Though it's not the same listening in the day time. Gotta listen late at night, when you're all alone.

That is such an obvious joke. Was this a comedy show officially, or did he just accept anything?

It is pretty convincing up until the point when you can hear the air raid siren. But after that it is pretty eye roiling. Coast to Coast was a call in show, so they received a lot of crazy calls.

I will check Midnight in the Desert out. Art Bell is always a fun listen.

I feel like it won't be the same without it being beamed to half the AM stations in the US. It won't reach enough crazy people and we won't get the entertaining calls.

Striker

Always liked listening to him as I drifted off to sleep. I remember they promptly took down Dark Matter because of piracy. Hopefully this works out better for him.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
A roommate told me about the Mel's hole story. Story was fucking weird.

That is a lot of potential crazy you are listening to OP.

Didn't he fuck over subscribers on his last venture?

I don't see what the difference is between his last show and C2C, they had the same guests often.

I don't see what the difference is between his last show and C2C, they had the same guests often.

There wasn't. Dark Matter was essentially a copy of C2C which is terrible now because George Noory is a fucking dumbass.

There wasn't. Dark Matter was essentially a copy of C2C which is terrible now because George Noory is a fucking dumbass.

I never did like George Snorry. Although I did get a laugh when he somehow burnt his mouth all up by eatting Pizza Rolls fresh out of the mircowave.

shoplifter

I give it three weeks until his back gives out, Keith proves incompetent at running the podcast or Art just gets crotchety about something.

It'll be the best three weeks of the year.

As far as mysterious universe and the other podcasts, I think Art is just a better storyteller/host than the rest.

Yka

I remember they promptly took down Dark Matter because of piracy. Hopefully this works out better for him.

I don't think it was because of piracy. He had a small group of people calling every night and many of them had bad cell phone connections. His show was behind a paywall and its audience wasn't growing the way he wanted it to grow. He wanted to do free live streaming on internet to grow the audience but SiriusXM was against it. The show just wasn't working and he called it quits. His contract with SiriusXM prevented him from broadcasting until now.

Yes, many of his fans bought expensive equipment and long SiriusXM subscriptions. And then he quit after six weeks. But now he will have a free live stream and a pretty cheap monthly subscription for the podcast version of the show.

Anyone remember the guy, I can't remember if it was time travel or teleportation or what. He had stolen(?) a bunch of generators and claimed his machine worked when he dropped a screw in it and it disappeared.

Edit: it was Mad Man Marcum

http://paranormalis.com/threads/upd...rcum-and-his-time-machine-art-bell-1995.4257/

There was also John Titor and Al Bielek. The latter using tech from the Philadelphia Experiment.

Anyone remember the show Sightings? I watched the shit out of that back in the day.

Yka

That is a lot of potential crazy you are listening to OP.

Yes and I like it that way. I treat this stuff like science fiction and I don't really care if any of it is real or just wild imagination as long as it entertains me and makes me think. I also listen a lot of mainstream scientific stuff in the form of lectures and audiobooks. I keep an open mind and approach everything skeptically. I don't have a need to believe in anything.

All in all, it's a fun hobby. I wear in-ear headphones and listen to this stuff almost all the time when I'm not working, sosializing or checking latest gaming news on NeoGAF.

Was going to post this last night as I saw the initial announcement.

Let's hope this lasts longer than Dark Matter. I seriously thought he was stringing us all along (on Bellgab.com) only to in the end decide it wasn't worth doing.

He at least surprised me.

Kimawolf

I used to love Coast to Coast AM. a shame when that other guy took over, show went downhill. I like Mysterious Universe, so hopefully this show is just as good. nothing like a story from Art.

shoplifter

Yeah, it's pretty hard to get super excited about this given the last decade of Art, but I'm hoping for the best. 3-4 hours of Art even when he's not at his best every night is better than 95% of radio.

I used to love Coast to Coast AM. a shame when that other guy took over, show went downhill. I like Mysterious Universe, so hopefully this show is just as good. nothing like a story from Art.

MU is missing a huge chunk of what made C2C so fun, the call-ins. Yea it was mostly bullshit and most of the people were crazy but it was still entertaining.

Blizzard

Banned
I have fond memories of laying in bed as a kid late at night, listening to Art Bell on Coast to Coast with a walkman.

The theme song would come in, through the static, staggered in time over the different stations that carried it. Crazy people with ghost stories, aliens, time travel, etc. Entertaining stuff. Hopefully someone bumps this or makes a new thread when the show comes out so I remember to give it a listen.

Yka

Art's new show will air five days a week and is going head-to-head with Coast to Coast AM.
Art Bell said:
Midnight in the Desert is on the way! It is official now. Starting in late July we will begin streaming a full show from Mon-Fri 9PM-12AM PT. Wanna Take a Ride?

His last show Dark Matter aired Mon-Thu 7PM-10PM PT. Coast to Coast AM airs Sun-Sat 10PM-2AM PT.

Art is active on the forum INDIGO_CYCLOPS mentioned. You can follow his posts here.
Art Bell said:
Wow, I just saw a ad for HBO which is going to open its doors directly on the Internet. My goodness this is all coming down much faster then even I thought. I can only wonder what is going on in Board rooms in company's like IHateArt and the others out there that have collected Billions of Dollars in Radio stations, love to be a bug on that wall.

It is possible to cover more People with a Internet stream then 600 Stations can even think about. We are truly in the middle of a sea change and it is in favor of the content providers this time! The only thing they still have going for them is people's habits and those are about to change.

I am still puzzled why those who have gone to the Internet have not done so live, there is magic in live content, anyway to quote a CNN show "Somebody's gotta do it" and it might as well be me. Mark my words, there will be many to follow.

Oooh man, that sounds so cool! I just started listening to Coast to Coast and a few other podcasts once in a while, Mysterious Universe being one of them. Entertaining and spooky! I love this stuff. Thanks for the recommendations :)

I gotta say, as soon as I heard Moroder's Chase and that hella awesome intro... so good. One of my favorite mental images is of my friend working graveyard at his security gig, listening to C2CAM, either sitting in his little office or walking the floor in a giant empty factory. I might have to write a story about it someday, I love it so much! :)

5 bucks a month? Hell, I already pay $9 for Mysterious Universe. $5 a month for a (presumably?) daily podcast from Art Bell is easily worth that.

Yka

I have fond memories of laying in bed as a kid late at night, listening to Art Bell on Coast to Coast with a walkman. The theme song would come in, through the static, staggered in time over the different stations that carried it. Crazy people with ghost stories, aliens, time travel, etc. Entertaining stuff.

That sounds so fun and makes me kinda jealous. I found Coast to Coast AM only seven years ago when I was searching for some UFO videos. Somebody had uploaded a full C2CAM episode on YouTube and it sounded interesting. I decided to search for this mysterious show and ended up listening to almost every episode for about three or four years. Then I felt that I had learned everything the show has to offer and nowadays I listen to C2CAM a few times a month. I never miss episodes hosted by George Knapp and Linda Moulton Howe's monthly reports. Dave Schrader is a great fill in host.

Hopefully someone bumps this or makes a new thread when the show comes out so I remember to give it a listen.

I will definitely do that and update the OP when Art launches Midnight in the Desert. Three months to go...

Oooh man, that sounds so cool! I just started listening to Coast to Coast and a few other podcasts once in a while, Mysterious Universe being one of them. Entertaining and spooky! I love this stuff. Thanks for the recommendations :)

You're welcome! Have fun!

Anyone know where to listen to old art bell episodes? There used to be a stream called 'Fine Art'. But they shut that down when Art Bell was coming back on the air the first time around.

Yka

I was making some updates to the OP and remembered the first time I heard a C2CAM show hosted by Art. It was spring 2008 and I had listened to C2CAM for about a month. I was familiar with George Noory and Ian Punnett and I was kinda shocked when I heard Art's voice for the first time. I was like... "Who is this man and why is he allowed to host this program! His voice sounds so rough. Bring back George or Ian!". It was like tasting coffee or beer for the first time but soon I learned to love Art's hosting style and became adjusted to his voice. Since then I have listened to most of the old Art Bell shows you can find on the internet.

A roommate told me about the Mel's hole story. Story was fucking weird.

Another classic Art Bell story... Mel's hole 1997 interview and Mel's hole 2002 interview.

Striker

I don't think it was because of piracy. He had a small group of people calling every night and many of them had bad cell phone connections. His show was behind a paywall and its audience wasn't growing the way he wanted it to grow. He wanted to do free live streaming on internet to grow the audience but SiriusXM was against it. The show just wasn't working and he called it quits. His contract with SiriusXM prevented him from broadcasting until now.
Oh, makes sense. I do remember him calling it off really abrupt and that came after his Ghost to Ghost episode.

Sayter

Turning 70 years old you say? Not bad for a guy who smoked for 52 years of them.

C2C turned to crap when Clear Channel bought most of the stations C2C was broadcasting on.

shoplifter

Who had 'the show never gets off the ground'?

Edit: shit, I had "Keith Proves to be incompetent"

Announcement
I am sorry to announce that Keith Rowland has informed me tonight that he no
longer wants to move forward (he quit). This follows a conversation I had with him in which I asked him to not snap at people. I was concerned because he was in charge of the Business side of the deal which is a lot of work and involves dealing with people. Business is built on relationships. He said the stress of all this was to much for him which is understandable because there is a great deal to do on his side. He further told me that he will turn his Network over to somebody else. All this was as much a shock to me as I am sure it is to you.
As a result of this, it is less likely that I will move forward because I can not handle both The Talk Host part of the job as well as the Music License matters, the Streaming deals that have to be made, the Website, the Producer he had lined up and much more.
Since I have already bought all the Studio gear I will go ahead and build the Studio with the hope of finding a way forward. This is not me saying I quit, it is me saying that right now I don’t see a way to get it all done. If I can find a way, I will do so, but this is kind of a stopper for the moment. I will keep you all informed.
Art

Top Bottom