• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel going street level w/ Netflix (Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Turk gonna get caught by all four of them after they've defeated the big bad in the last ep.
'Fuck this, I'm going back to Asgard'

Jonogunn

I wish I could like Turk more than I do but the first scene in daredevil with him kid napping girls for human trafficking really irked me

Sunster

I wish I could like Turk more than I do but the first scene in daredevil with him kid napping girls for human trafficking really irked me

To me he's more of a, "Ohh, this fucker again" "When's he gonna catch a bullet?" Human trafficking is one of my biggest hatreds so I'll never be like "lol silly Turk". Fuck that guy.

SpaceWolf

Banned
To me he's more of a, "Ohh, this fucker again" "When's he gonna catch a bullet?" Human trafficking is one of my biggest hatreds so I'll never be like "lol silly Turk". Fuck that guy.

Agree with this. The Turk love baffles me. Never really found that character charming.

This also confirms that the Hand will be the main antagonists. Not exactly surprising given Stick's role and that Iron Fist will add a K'un-Lun/Hand connection that doesn't exist in the comics, AFAIK, but hey.

Also, with DD S2's showrunners returning, this makes me suspect that they just moved some Hand/Black Sky story beats originally planned for DD over to Defenders. Would explain why that plot seemed to be going somewhere and then abruptly fizzled out in the final couple episodes.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Not a fan of how Defenders is seemingly to going to resolve so many of Daredevil's plot strands before Daredevil does.

actually its a good thing so DD S3 can focus on Kingpin and Bullseye

LiamR

Not a fan of how Defenders is seemingly to going to resolve so many of Daredevil's plot strands before Daredevil does.

I'm inclined to agree, but really, the audience crossover between Daredevil and Defenders will be huge. They're going to market it like crazy. It having Daredevil in it will be a big part of that marketing too.

DeathyBoy

Banned
This also confirms that the Hand will be the main antagonists. Not exactly surprising given Stick's role and that Iron Fist will add a K'un-Lun/Hand connection that doesn't exist in the comics, AFAIK, but hey.

Also, with DD S2's showrunners returning, this makes me suspect that they just moved some Hand/Black Sky story beats originally planned for DD over to Defenders. Would explain why that plot seemed to be going somewhere and then abruptly fizzled out in the final couple episodes.

Oh fuck sake not those useless shites again.

Its gonna be interesting seeing what Elektra will be like, she already was a bloodthirsty stone cold killer, and that's before the fucked up shit that's happened to her. She is really dangerous, maybe not to Luke due to him being so damn invulnerable to damage but Jessica. Matt, and Iron Fist would certainly have to be careful in a fight with her

Glass Rebel

BronsonLee

mjlol.png

Oh fuck sake not those useless shites again.

Personally, I was fine with where the Hand/Chaste stuff seemed to be going in S2... up until the last couple episodes, in which the writers decided to introduce out-of-nowhere, seemingly contradictory revelations (is a Black Sky a rare but recurrent type of mystical WMD or a singular Evil Chosen One?) and end without anything being resolved at all (what the hole was for, who the kids were if they're not actually Black Skies, what a Black Sky is, etc).

Personally, I was fine with where the Hand/Chaste stuff seemed to be going in S2 until the writers decided to introduce out-of-nowhere, seemingly contradictory revelations (is a Black Sky a rare but recurrent type of mystical WMD or a singular Evil Chosen One) and end without anything being resolved at all (what the hole was for, who the kids were if they're not actually Black Skies, what a Black Sky is, etc).

More than likely this is the story line threads we are going to be dealing with in Defenders. That's probably why they were so vague with DDS2 because they knew it would be the backbone for Defenders

More than likely this is the story line threads we are going to be dealing with in Defenders. That's probably why they were so vague with DDS2 because they knew it would be the backbone for Defenders

As I said above, my theory is that Petrie and Ramirez had originally planned to answer at least some of those questions in DD S2, that they got the Defenders gig midway through writing/plotting the season, and that they decided to just withhold those plot points for Defenders and (rather sloppily) stall for time until then.

I have no way of knowing if this is actually true, of course, but that's at least what it felt like.

Glass Rebel

I dunno, ending DDS2 with Elektra in a rice cooker was kinda dope.

Defenders is gonna start with Stick sacrificing himself by using the Mafuba on her and failing.

DeathyBoy

Banned
As I said above, my theory is that Petrie and Ramirez had originally planned to answer at least some of those questions in DD S2, that they got the Defenders gig midway through writing/plotting the season, and that they decided to just withhold those plot points for Defenders and (rather sloppily) stall for time until then.

I have no way of knowing if this is actually true, of course, but that's at least what it felt like.

That or DD S2 was going to be about The Punisher more until they were asked to throw a bunch of shit in to set up The Defenders, because DD S2 sure is two different seasons jammed together. Awesome Punisher stuff and God awful ninja nonsense.

LakeEarth

DD S2 ended in such a way that made me question whether they actually want to do a DD S3.

It bugs me that in both seasons of DD, there's are a couple of really good fight scenes, but then the "finale" fight always look very amateur. I don't know why they don't get their best action director for the final episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom