• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel going street level w/ Netflix (Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Better add a name to the thread title.

Netflix Orders 'Marvel's The Punisher' to Series

Marvel said:
This good deed goes unpunished!

Netflix has ordered a full first season of “Marvel’s The Punisher,” continuing their unprecedented collaboration with Marvel Television.

Jon Bernthal will reprise his role as Frank Castle, introduced to fans earlier this year in the second season of the Netflix original series “Marvel’s Daredevil,” with Steve Lightfoot (“Hannibal”) serving as Executive Producer and Showrunner in addition to writing the series’ first two episodes.

“We want to thank the fans who are clamoring for more of Jon’s stunning and powerful performance as Frank Castle from ‘Marvel’s Daredevil,'” said Executive Producer/Head of Marvel Television, Jeph Loeb, “Now combined with Showrunner Steve Lightfoot’s compelling writing, we’re thrilled to bring 'Marvel’s The Punisher' to Netflix.”

“Jon hooked our global audience with his performance as Frank Castle from the moment he stepped on screen in 'Marvel’s Daredevil,' and we are looking forward to seeing more of him in this role under the vision of Steve Lightfoot,” said Cindy Holland, Netflix Vice President of Original Content.

“For me, the complexity and unpredictability of Frank Castle make him an incredibly compelling character and I couldn’t be more excited to dive into his world,” said Executive Producer and Showrunner, Steve Lightfoot. “After watching Jon’s performance in ‘Marvel’s Daredevil’ I could not be more excited to be working with him to further develop and progress the story of this anti-hero in a show of his own.”

“Marvel’s The Punisher” marks the sixth series ordered thus far as part of the groundbreaking collaboration between Marvel Television and Netflix including the upcoming “Marvel’s Luke Cage,” “Marvel’s Iron Fist,” “Marvel’s The Defenders” and the Peabody Award-winning “Marvel’s Jessica Jones.”

“Marvel’s The Punisher” is produced by Marvel Television in association with ABC Studios for Netflix.

El Topo

That's great news. In hindsight I think the first season had its fair share of problems, but I'm looking forward to next season nonetheless.

jph139

Wait, we're not getting Defenders until Fall 2017?

Probably. We won't get Luke Cage until this fall, and Iron Fist like, this winter at best, but more likely spring.

We could possibly get Defenders next summer, but I think fall is more likely.

kirblar

That's great news. In hindsight I think the first season had its fair share of problems, but I'm looking forward to next season nonetheless.
"More procedural eps" is such a weird request to have in this day and age, but the show really would have benefited from more stand alone stories.

Vic_Viper

So when they say "mini-series" what do you think we're going to get? Are they just explaining that this is a limited "don't expect this to be a regular thing" show? Or are we getting like a half season with like 6 episodes?

Where is the announcement regarding the mini series aspect? Are we talking about the Defenders being a mini series?

Gartooth

It is crazy to me how Marvel Studios can get Spider-Man weaved back into their movie franchise yet lose out on tons of characters due to in-fighting in the company. Granted I don't mind too much since I love the hell out of the Daredevil TV series and doubt we would have ever gotten anything like it in an MCU film.

Quick question, how similar in terms of tone and quality are Daredevil and Jessica Jones? I liked the latter, and I'm trying to gauge whether I should get into Daredevil.

fauxtrot

Banned
Quick question, how similar in terms of tone and quality are Daredevil and Jessica Jones? I liked the latter, and I'm trying to gauge whether I should get into Daredevil.

Daredevil is most definitely worth watching, it's almost of par with Jessica Jones IMO, and a lot of people like it more. You can't go wrong with giving DD at shot... watch the first 3 episodes at least, you'll be sucked in by then.

edit: I agree that DD season 2 is even better than JJ season 1. I like JJ season 1 more than DD season 1 thanks to the themes.

Carrie Anne Moss to appear in Iron Fist:

http://mcuexchange.com/carrie-anne-moss-reprises-her-role-as-jeri-hogarth-in-marvels-iron-fist/

"Marvel’s Iron Fist,” coming soon to Netflix, just got some extra legal expertise with the addition of Carrie-Anne Moss to the cast!

Moss will reprise her role as lawyer Jeri Hogarth, first seen in “Marvel’s Jessica Jones” before also appearing in the Season 2 finale of “Marvel’s Daredevil,” to provide Danny Rand (Finn Jones) with help as he returns to New York.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
RUMOR: MEPHISTO WILL BE THE MAIN VILLAIN OF THE DEFENDERS

What we do know is that Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones, and Daredevil will team up to form the Defenders. But who will they team up against? Surely, the villain will be a common enemy. Members of the Serpent Society will slither their way onto Luke Cage. Perhaps they’ll fight the whole team of snake-themed baddies.

Or – according to an unnamed source close to the situation, they’ll fight a totally new baddie:

“Marvel is talking about setting Mephisto as the prime antagonist for the Defenders. Some may say that this villain wouldn’t fit the TV shows but that’s why they’re incorporating Iron Fist – to set up the supernatural element. This would also help set up the next phase of the Netflix shows, as Moon Knight, Blade, and Ghost Rider are being considered.“

2053491-daredevil_mephisto.jpg

Holy shit...

DeathyBoy

Banned
Relax guys, it'll just be Mephisto using a human as a vessel. Maybe we'll get some mild telekinesis in between scenes of him in a business suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom