• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel going street level w/ Netflix (Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLACKLAC

So if the Russo's and Feige have a great idea and really want the Defenders in what's stopping Disney from forcing Perlmutter's hand?

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
Has it been explained why Perlmutter is so difficult to work with? Fans want to see these two worlds collide. What does he stand to gain by being such an ass?

jmood88

Has it been explained why Perlmutter is so difficult to work with? Fans want to see these two worlds collide. What does he stand to gain by being such an ass?
I'm sure he's not happy about Feige forcing his way out of his grasp and taking the movie division with him, so he could just be being petty about it. But no, I don't think that there has been any kind of official explanation.

kurahador

He's just insane. I mean, you can't even google his pictures aside from this one which was taken in the 70's.
What kind of person does that?

duckroll

Yeah that fits with what I'm expecting.

Fall 2016 - Luke Cage
Spring 2017 - Iron Fist
Fall 2017 - Defenders

Jessica Jones S2 could shoot next year for an early 2018.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Yeah that fits with what I'm expecting.

Fall 2016 - Luke Cage
Spring 2017 - Iron Fist
Fall 2017 - Defenders

Jessica Jones S2 could shoot next year for an early 2018.

I wish they'd do three seasons per year, atleast. There's a market for it.

jph139

So, a lack of DD S3 announcement means we shouldn't be expecting it until post-Defenders, right? That should keep things pretty clear.

I figure JJ S2 and DD S3 for 2018, then. Or maybe Punisher.

I could do without a S2 of Jessica Jones. And a S1 of Luke Cage.

It's REALLY weird that they haven't dropped an announcement for S3 of DD, though. S2 seems like it did even better than S1 did.

I could do without a S2 of Jessica Jones. And a S1 of Luke Cage.

It's REALLY weird that they haven't dropped an announcement for S3 of DD, though. S2 seems like it did even better than S1 did.

i believe cause of contracts or something that they have the actors on for future series they have no idea when or where they would shoot S3

This guy, Arleo Dordar, claims he's been cast in Iron Fist, and CBM think he fits the casting notice of "25 – 30 yrs old, male, please submit Asian, East Indian, Pacific Islander, etc., handsome, effortlessly-powerful, an intelligent, thoughtful warrior." Which they think is Davos.

I'm calling bullshit, because he doesn't fit the timeline of Davos from the comics. Davos is the same age as Danny's dad considering they both went to K'un L'un together. Davos fits this description more in my opinion: "HARRY MARSHALL 45 – 50 yrs old Caucasian, highly intelligent, merciless, confident and arrogant, physically active. SERIES REGULAR"

But, yeah, if not Davos, who else could he be playing?

David Wenham (“The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King,” “300,” “Top of the Lake”) has joined the growing cast of the Netflix Original Series, “Marvel’s Iron Fist” as Harold Meachum.

https://marvel.com/news/tv/26018/da...inal_series_marvels_iron_fist?linkId=23329839

A ruthless corporate leader, Harold Meachum was partners with Danny Rand’s parents at the time of their deaths. What role he plays in Danny’s past and future will be revealed over the course of the series.

“I’m very excited to have David as our Harold Meachum. David is capable of displaying raw, visceral strength as well as extremely keen intelligence,” said Executive Producer and Showrunner, Scott Buck. “This will add up to a character of complex depth who will keep us off balance all season."

"David brings both a vulnerability and a danger to his many diverse roles,” said Executive Producer/Head of Marvel Television, Jeph Loeb. “This key quality creates a gravitas our series requires as Danny unravels the secrets behind Rand Enterprises."

DAMN GOOD casting!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
David Wenham (“The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King,” “300,” “Top of the Lake”) has joined the growing cast of the Netflix Original Series, “Marvel’s Iron Fist” as Harold Meachum.

https://marvel.com/news/tv/26018/da...inal_series_marvels_iron_fist?linkId=23329839

DAMN GOOD casting!

CfybBI1UIAAdQte.jpg

jmood88

This guy, Arleo Dordar, claims he's been cast in Iron Fist, and CBM think he fits the casting notice of "25 – 30 yrs old, male, please submit Asian, East Indian, Pacific Islander, etc., handsome, effortlessly-powerful, an intelligent, thoughtful warrior." Which they think is Davos.

I'm calling bullshit, because he doesn't fit the timeline of Davos from the comics. Davos is the same age as Danny's dad considering they both went to K'un L'un together. Davos fits this description more in my opinion: "HARRY MARSHALL 45 – 50 yrs old Caucasian, highly intelligent, merciless, confident and arrogant, physically active. SERIES REGULAR"

But, yeah, if not Davos, who else could he be playing?
He looks like he could be Dominic Cooper's brother.

http://mcuexchange.com/douglas-petrie-and-marco-ramirez-named-showrunners-for-the-defenders/

Douglas Petrie (“Marvel’s Daredevil,” “Buffy the Vampire Slayer”) and Marco Ramirez (“Marvel’s Daredevil,” “Orange is the New Black”) are set to return as showrunners to the Marvel Universe for the Netflix Original Series “Marvel’s The Defenders“!

Another alum from “Marvel’s Daredevil,” Oscar-nominee Drew Goddard (“The Martian,” “Lost,” “Alias”), will also join the team as an Executive Producer.

The Executive Producers and showrunners of “Marvel’s Daredevil” Season 2 will unite the Man Without Fear with Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist for the mini-series event bringing our heroes together to face their biggest threat yet.

Blader

Hmm, so if the DD showrunners are doing the Defenders, then I guess JJ S2 could actually end up being the first show to follow afterward.

So when they say "mini-series" what do you think we're going to get? Are they just explaining that this is a limited "don't expect this to be a regular thing" show? Or are we getting like a half season with like 6 episodes?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So when they say "mini-series" what do you think we're going to get? Are they just explaining that this is a limited "don't expect this to be a regular thing" show? Or are we getting like a half season with like 6 episodes?

6 episodes was exactly the pitch when this all started

6 episodes was exactly the pitch when this all started

Ah interesting. I wonder if that will affect the schedule of the other shows at all. It would kind of suck to only get two shows during the year and one of them be a half season. Or is the plan to have Defenders in addition to two regular ones?

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Ah interesting. I wonder if that will affect the schedule of the other shows at all. It would kind of suck to only get two shows during the year and one of them be a half season. Or is the plan to have Defenders in addition to two regular ones?

It'll be fine, especially considering most people complain Daredevil and Jessica Jones should have been more like eight episodes, anyway.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I am a idiot and forget yesterday to post the Iron Fist thread, so it will go up later today.
Tomorrow in the morning the latest, since I dont know when I am home.

Sorry, I really fucked up, but I have almost everything prepeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom