• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel going street level w/ Netflix (Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeph Loeb Says Marvel TV Has Nine or Ten Shows In Various Stages of Development

http://comicbook.com/2016/03/11/jeph-loeb-says-marvel-tv-has-nine-or-ten-shows-in-various-stages/

"It never stops," Loeb told ComicBook.com at the Daredevil Season Two premiere. "We have, in one way or the other, there's nine or ten shows that are going."

While nine or ten shows may sound like a lot when there seems to only ever be at most two on the air (or debuting on Netflix) at the same time, when you count them out it makes sense. There's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., which just got a season four renewal, Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones season two, Iron Fist, Marvel's Most Wanted, and The Defenders all officially announced. That's seven right there. Add in the John Ridley mystery project, a rumored Punisher spin-off, that's nine. If Agent Carter is renewed? Well that's ten right there. Even if he's not thinking about Daredevil in particular in that number, it's still easy to see it.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Jeph Loeb Says Marvel TV Has Nine or Ten Shows In Various Stages of Development

http://comicbook.com/2016/03/11/jeph-loeb-says-marvel-tv-has-nine-or-ten-shows-in-various-stages/

1) Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D S3/4
2) Daredevil S2
3) Luke Cage
4) Jessica Jones S2
5) Iron Fist
6) The Defenders
7) Marvel's Most Wanted
8) Damage Control
9) John Ridley's Project
10) Another Comedy Series
11) Punisher (Likely)
12) Elektra (Possibly?)
13) Cloak and Dagger (pls)
14) Agent Carter (lol)

Vengrim

2) Daredevil S2
3) Luke Cage
4) Jessica Jones S2
5) Iron Fist
6) The Defenders
7) Marvel's Most Wanted
8) Damage Control
9) John Ridley's Project
11) Punisher (Likely)
12) Elektra (Possibly?)

Man, Cloak and Dagger...if only we'd be so lucky.

Neoxon

2) Daredevil S2
3) Luke Cage
4) Jessica Jones S2
5) Iron Fist
6) The Defenders
7) Marvel's Most Wanted
8) Damage Control
9) John Ridley's Project
11) Punisher (Likely)
12) Elektra (Possibly?)
No Agent Carter?

Luke_Wal

No Agent Carter?

It's for shows like Agent Carter that I really wish I had a Nielsen box: I would love to be able to support awesome, weird spy/superhero shows like that in a more direct way and make sure they keep happening. I feel bad that I've fallen behind on Hulu, but the three episodes I've watched of the new season were superb, and the AV Club headlines make it seem like the rest of the show holds to that standard. I hope it keeps going as long as SHIELD does.

Pachimari

Rumors are that Agent Carter is getting a 3rd season, and Hayley Atwell will be available, so I'm hopeful, even though logic would assume it's getting cancelled.

Pachimari

MARVEL CHIEF JOE QUESADA TEASES “COMPLETELY DIFFERENT” ‘IRON FIST’

About the tone of the series:
“It still takes place in the same world,” Quesada answered diplomatically. “I think the Danny Rand character himself will have a different perspective on the world than some of the characters that you’re seeing now — as will Luke Cage. I mean you guys haven’t seen that show yet, either.”

A completely different character:
“It’s still the early stages of Iron Fist so I’m a little hesitant to say too much more than that. But Danny Rand is a completely different character and the world that he comes from, how he obtained his powers and his skills — all completely different. I think fans will be pleased.”

The location:
“Oh no, it will be a different side of Manhattan. We’re not just locking ourselves into Hell’s Kitchen — although a lot of stuff does go on in Hell’s Kitchen. Luke Cage’s world is still New York, but it’s a different neighborhood. Again, I don’t want to reveal too much more than that, but the show itself will have a different palate, a different feel, a tone. It will sound different. So stay tuned.”

I'm kinda struggling with Jessica Jones. At episode 5 right now and it's not bad but it feels stretched too thin. I guess they sort of brought that upon themselves by making a deal for four 13 episode seasons. Jessica Jones probably would have benefitted from being an 8 episode miniseries.

kurahador

I'm kinda struggling with Jessica Jones. At episode 5 right now and it's not bad but it feels stretched too thin. I guess they sort of brought that upon themselves by making a deal for four 13 episode seasons. Jessica Jones probably would have benefitted from being an 8 episode miniseries.

They should've made half of the season procedural where she just going around solving cases, not jumping straight to Kilgrave for whole season.

Same case with Daredevil. I don't understand why can't they just reserve some of the episodes about Matt defending a client.

They should've made half of the season procedural where she just going around solving cases, not jumping straight to Kilgrave for whole season.

Same case with Daredevil. I don't understand why can't they just reserve some of the episodes about Matt defending a client.

Yeah, probably would have been for the best. I'll see how I end up liking it when I'm done but I can't see the Kilgrave storyline being anything but drawn out.

And I agree about Daredevil as well but I am not worried about Season 2 in that regard. With Punisher, Elektra and The Hand there will be enough for 13 episodes, I think.

eastx

Absolutely. They really have wasted the potential of those two protagonists' professions, so far.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
MARVEL CHIEF JOE QUESADA TEASES “COMPLETELY DIFFERENT” ‘IRON FIST’

About the tone of the series:

A completely different character:

The location:

I assume he means from the rest of the shows so far, in which case well duh. if he means completely different from the comic, welp...

El Topo

Yeah, probably would have been for the best. I'll see how I end up liking it when I'm done but I can't see the Kilgrave storyline being anything but drawn out.

And I agree about Daredevil as well but I am not worried about Season 2 in that regard. With Punisher, Elektra and The Hand there will be enough for 13 episodes, I think.

I think the biggest problem about Daredevil isn't so much a lack of action, but the way it's handled. S1 of Daredevil e.g. had some incredibly rushed plots.
Jessica Jones on the other hand had severe pacing issues and I think a slower introduction, i.e. two or three episodes without the looming threat of Kilgrave, could've helped tremendously.

I am a huge fan of the dark tones in the Daredevil and Jessica Jones so far. Their movies like Iron Man, Captain America were all very tame, sometimes almost family friendly but these two shows are far from that and i love it. I was pleasantly surprised last year when i found out how violent and graphic Daredevil actually was.

Bring on Season 2 of Daredevil and JJ. Looking forward to Luke Cage as well.

Finished Episode 9 of Jessica Jones.

JESUS that escalated badly. Trish almost died too. I had to laugh a bit at Jessica smiling at the end even though she was responsible for a woman's death (I assume). The Simpson stuff is pretty meh but Jessica vs Kilgrave interactions are stellar.

The last 2-3 episodes have been really good. Way better than the early stuff, tbh.

That's from January, it has since been debunked.

Yup. I wouldn't completely discount it. Punishers reception has been great.

The MCU Tv stuff is all doing pretty well. I could see Carter getting 1 more series that deals with the formation of Shield.

Punisher should be leading a second wave of Netflix shows with new characters after defenders.

Yup. I wouldn't completely discount it. Punishers reception has been great.

The MCU Tv stuff is all doing pretty well. I could see Carter getting 1 more series that deals with the formation of Shield.

Punisher should be leading a second wave of Netflix shows with new characters after defenders.

This would be a smart idea.

The Kree

Banned
A show from Punisher's POV would be a bad idea. I'd like it better if actual heroes were having a hard time chasing him down. He doesn't even need to get caught in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom