• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel going street level w/ Netflix (Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

Scott Reynolds has revealed on his Twitter profile, that he is the writer of the Iron Fist show. He worked on Jessica Jones before.

So I guess they're shelving Cage for 4-5 months to space it out further from DD S2, instead of premiering it when it's done in June or July? Disappointing, albeit understandable.

(For reference, JJ and both seasons of DD started filming about nine months before their premiere dates; a November premiere would be 14 months after Cage started filming, and it seems highly unlikely that either its production or post-production would be significantly longer than the other shows.)

I'm pretty sure the plan was always to have a Marvel show in the spring and another in the winter. Spacing them out it's the right way to do it. They haven't started filming any other Marvel show so if they released Cage in July they would have two Marvel shows a couple of months apart and then a year or more without any other Marvel show.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://collider.com/jessica-jones-season-2-sex-scenes-luke-cage/

According to Mike Colter, Iron Fist has already been cast.

Are you excited about getting to do scenes between Luke Cage and Iron Fist?

COLTER: The actor has been cast, but he’s in a basement somewhere. When the time is right, they’ll let him up and tell him where he is. I am [excited]. I’ll get a nice little break, after doing Jessica Jones and Luke Cage. Whether I’m in [his show], I don’t know, but there’s The Defenders.

Quick

Banned
http://collider.com/jessica-jones-season-2-sex-scenes-luke-cage/

According to Mike Colter, Iron Fist has already been cast.

6ADLV4r.gif

Bleepey

It's probably Scott Adkins.
He is in Dr Strange in an unannounced role and it seems to be the thing nowadays to get characters to guest in other properties before they get their own role.
Civil War: BP/Spiderman,
BVS: Wonder Woman/Batman/Flash/Aquaman and possibly Green Lantern,
Arrow: Flash cameo

I can dig him as Iron Fist but kinda upset cos he'd make a great Kraven.

He is in Dr Strange in an unannounced role and it seems to be the thing nowadays to get characters to guest in other properties before they get their own role.

But none of the TV people have crossed to the movies excepting Coulson.

kirblar

The guy looks like he could be Berenthal's brother or stunt double- don't see that one working out if you're set on a blonde Danny.

I was guessing the same thing. Also wouldn't be surprised if the newer Marvel contracts had a t.v. Clause in there and Doctor Strange sets up The Defenders with a Netflix cameo next year.

Feige said the crossovers would come sooner rather than later.

Damn I forget everyday that Dr. Strange is coming out this year, but no Strange is Avenger now just like Hulk and Namor and Silver Surfer wont be on the show either

And hell no its Adkins lol, dude is probably caked under demon makeup doing flips in that movie

Platy

I like how you think, but I doubt this is the case

Sojgat

I think it's more likely he's actually playing Orson Randall, and Marvel will go younger with Danny.

A secondary character crossing over from the movies into the Netflix shows actually seems far more plausible to me. Kind of like Sif on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

What's your favorite Ms. Marvel story?

If you're talking wrt like the character or arc or whatever, I like Kamala Khan :v I haven't actually read other Ms. Marvel books - or most superhero comics in general - but I just particularly dug this one.

If you're asking specifically about my favourite Kamala story, it's been a while since I read it (and I need to catch up), so it's a little blurry, but I did really enjoy when she
teamed up with Wolverine.

Kamala Khan comic book movie would be the ballsiest move by either major studio with these properties tbh. maybe in a few years...hopefully.

richiek

The Punisher TV series: Marvel Television boss pours cold water on spinoff rumours

Jon Bernthal will play The Punisher on Netflix's Daredevil - but is the Marvel anti-hero getting his own spinoff to boot?

Jeph Loeb - Marvel Television's Executive Vice President - told press including Digital Spy that fans shouldn't trust the rumour mill.

"I think that's something that people are speculating on, as opposed to something that's actually happening," he said.

"It's certainly our hope that any of our characters will be embraced and that people want to see more of them."

Damn you, Loeb.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I mean, not that I doubt that people will love Bernthal's Punisher, but it's definitely a good idea to wait for the public's response to the second season before deciding anything like that.

Riptwo

Scott Adkins is such a beast, and his fight scenes in Undisputed/Universal Soldier/Ninja are so good! I know it's just a rumour that he'll appear as Iron Fist, but damn, what a perfect fit.

richiek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_FJl6GsZzE

That Hashtag Show has descriptions of Iron Fist supporting characters:

We know that Misty Knight played by Simone Missick will be making her debut on Luke Cage, but everyone was wondering when we'd see her daughters of the dragon partner, Colleen Wing. Well, Colleen seems to fit the character breakdown for CHRISTINE 25 – 30, female, Asian, New York toughness mixed with a businesswoman savvy, a good heart, but with many secrets. And also asking if actress have MARTIAL ARTS TRAINING EXPERIENCE. (Series regular)

Another character fans have been wondering about is Davos, the Steel Serpent. The breakdown for Devon seems to fit Davos.

[DEVON] is25 – 30, male, Asian, East Indian, Pacific Islander, etc., handsome, effortlessly-powerful, an intelligent, thoughtful warrior. Also asking for TALENT with MARTIAL ARTS TRAINING / EXPERIENCE (series regular)

One of the other characters is [JODY] 25 – 30, female, Caucasian, highly-educated, logical, compassionate. (series regular)
We're guessing this is Joy Meachum, the daughter of Harold Meachum, who was on our first character break down.

And lastly, the hardest to peg down was

[WALTER] 30 — 35, male, Caucasian, intelligent and insecure, brilliant in the office but has a ruthless streak. (series regular)
We thought this was Wendell Rand, Danny's father, possibly in flashback, but we've seen the auditions it's clearly someone that knows Danny in the present and isn't happy about him being a part of Rand Corporations and now we think it's Ward Meachum, Harold's brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom