• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

Soriku

Way higher than I was expecting. Considering 1.5 had pretty much the exact same number (I can just imagine vast majority of the sales are the fans who bought both collections) I expected it being PS3 exclusive in NA so damn late to fall somewhere around 170k ish.

I hope Zestiria and and Persona 5 can up some decent numbers too, if RPG fans are still playing their PS3.

I hope Zestiria and and Persona 5 can up some decent numbers too, if RPG fans are still playing their PS3.

Well I expect Persona 5 to do way better on PS4 in the US. I have no idea how ''loyal'' the Tales fanbase is. At least it seems the localization effort will be fairly fast.

Falk

that puzzling face
Zestiria may have shot themselves in the foot (lol) by acknowledging the existence of PS4 in an interview.

I'm probably importing Japanese PS3 and then waiting on PS4 version of English release and if it doesn't ever happen, I'll just shrug.

Have you met all the Mirage Arena(Iron Imprisoner 1-4+Mimic Master) and Unversed Mission ones? Also I think the most common normal unversed you can miss are Blobmob and Glidewinder.

edit: Also Prize Pod. You need to kill one before it escapes for it to count on journal.

Thanks! The only ones I was missing were the unversed mission ones, I didn't realize they'd be unique enemy types

Aru

What is the recommanded level for each of the optional bosses, for Terra?
I'm level 42 at the moment.

I can barely touch Vanitas Remnants, and I haven't unlocked the other bosses yet.

I can barely touch Vanitas Remnants, and I haven't unlocked the other bosses yet.

I did them all with something like 65 personally. Defence doesn't help much in critical mode since you will be in 1hp anyway in no time if you get hit but too low strenght/magic can be really frustrating since you do almost no damage to them :(.

Sorry I asked this before but can't seem to find the post.
To avoid the stage level glitch I did the following:
Played through terra,ven,aqua on crit and saved before the final battle for each. I haven't touched the saves after the final battle for each and now have the final episode save as well. Can i continue playing or should i do something else now?(going to sleep so cba to play it anyways).

Also, what are the recommended levels for end game content for each char(somebody just asked for Terra) - I'm going to go for the plat eventually.

Sorry I asked this before but can't seem to find the post.
To avoid the stage level glitch I did the following:
Played through terra,ven,aqua on crit and saved before the final battle for each. I haven't touched the saves after the final battle for each and now have the final episode save as well. Can i continue playing or should i do something else now?(going to sleep so cba to play it anyways).

Also, what are the recommended levels for end game content for each char(somebody just asked for Terra) - I'm going to go for the plat eventually.

There is no 100% way to avoid the bug so all you can hope is that you got lucky. Supposedly once you clear the final+secret episode you should be safe to start playing the game clear saves for the characters but my Ventus (and Aqua but apparently for her the bug happens every time and the battle levels only increase for the final episode) save got the bug anyway.

I had all my characters around 65 when I did the superbosses. It depends how patient you are since if you go much lower your damage is abysmal.

Aru

I did them all with something like 65 personally. Defence doesn't help much in critical mode since you will be in 1hp anyway in no time if you get hit but too low strenght/magic can be really frustrating since you do almost no damage to them :(.

I'm on Proud mode, so I should deal twice the damage in comparison to your characters.

SunGod

I beat them all at around 45-47 on critical. I used the Thunderstorm shotlock for
Armour of Eraqus and No Heart
, Mine Square for
Vanitas's Lingering Spirit
and 4x Thunder Surge and 4x Curaga for
Mysterious Figure, I needed the 4x Curaga to keep invincibility up during his laser move. I simply couldn't avoid it.

If you can't be bothered with the third boss I listed, there is an easy way of doing it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-ePV3Si3wI

Alright a couple of questions - I haven't played DDD and am watching Re:coded so some of them may be answered in them.
1) Why doesn't mickey recognise Xehanort or just the name when he goes to visit Ansem.
2)Who repairs ventus' heart at the start of BBS? - Sora? If so how?
3)What's up with the ending of BBS - Xion,Axel(Who are dead afaik),RoxasTerra,Ventus all say Sora's name?
4)Terra's heart went from his body to the armor and back again? Or was it his "will" that moved his armor?
5)Do Riku or Mickey meet aqua when they enter the realm of darkness at the end of KH1 - this is how they get seperated?
6)Doesn't ventus defeat vanitas when they dive in to the heart - why is vanitas in control when fighting Aqua and why is he only defeated when Aqua breaks the blade.
7) The hell is up with the light coming from Aqua's wayfinder? Is it the power of friendship or some other cliche?
8)When Terra+Xehanort are in terra's heart , Xehanort remembers everything whilst Xehanort has amnesia in the real world - how does this work?
9)Do they explain how all of Org 13 become nobodies or is just Xehanorts "experiments" that causes them to become nobodies?
EDIT:
10)Why does Mickey's keyblade change between the Gold Kingdom Key and the one he has in BBS?.
11) are there two kingdom hearts? One made by the organisation in the twtnw and the one in the key blade graveyard?
12) is Soras Kingdom Key the chi-blade?
13)Does ventus pass on the light/keyblade to sora like aqua and terra do to Kairi & Riku?
14)Why does Riku's sword crash into ventus' heart with the kingdom key in BBS opening scene?

I'm only asking here(rather than googling) as I want to avoid spoilers. If one of the questions is explained it DDD please say so.

Falk

that puzzling face
Man reading the youtube comments on the 2.5 launch event video.

So much entitlement. So much tears. So much vitriol.

lol

(Not like it's unexpected in this day and age)

So I loaded up my terra+ventus saves and the combat levels are at 8-10...A

Man reading the youtube comments on the 2.5 launch event video.

So much entitlement. So much tears. So much vitriol.

lol

(Not like it's unexpected in this day and age)

Over a game? Youtube comments are like that for most videos, just go to a video related to a world news article.

Falk

that puzzling face
This is my hypothesis.

They made the three main episodes, added post-game content (the extra bosses, etc) and then belatedly realized that only Aqua was playable in the Final Episode, so a band-aid fix was to bump the other two's combat levels in their game-clear saves, since they did not have a final episode.

That would mean that by design Aqua would never have a bumped combat level in her normal game-clear save, since Final Episode was meant to be her post-game.

That band-aid hypothesis would probably also explain why the implementation itself was so shoddy and prone to glitching out under very reproducible, specific circumstances (which the logic fails to account for, e.g. multiple game clear saves, or re-clearing the other characters after unlocking and beating Final Episode, etc)

This is my hypothesis.

They made the three main episodes, added post-game content (the extra bosses, etc) and then belatedly realized that only Aqua was playable in the Final Episode, so a band-aid fix was to bump the other two's combat levels in their game-clear saves, since they did not have a final episode.

That would mean that by design Aqua would never have a bumped combat level in her normal game-clear save, since Final Episode was meant to be her post-game.

That band-aid hypothesis would probably also explain why the implementation itself was so shoddy and prone to glitching out under very reproducible, specific circumstances (which the logic fails to account for, e.g. multiple game clear saves, or re-clearing the other characters after unlocking and beating Final Episode, etc)

That's what I was thinking(minus it being a last minute band aid fix - which is probably right now that i think about it), which is why I only talked about Terra+Ven in the first post... but the only level 10 world aqua had was keyblade graveyard in Final episode so wanted to make sure.

Falk

that puzzling face
Another thing to keep in mind is there actually isn't any post game, really. There's no Cavern of Remembrance, no Data Fights, nothing that takes really advantage of the power gains from levels 40-99 after the final boss of each character arc, other than the optional bosses themselves. The optional bosses feel like they were given an arbitrary power level (keep in mind that they are beatable at lv1) and then the only thing that additional levels do after you max out your abilities and command deck (much earlier than lv40 if you know what you're doing) is give you more wiggle room to beat the boss, rather than a hard-gate numbers check for example.

With that in mind, the combat levels bump really doesn't do anything except help you level faster should you find you don't have enough of said wiggle room to beat the optional bosses, personal skill/ability/reflexes/etc. taken into account. They're more a convenience than content.

edit: And while lv1 runs have existed in virtually every final and are officially condoned as something you can attempt in the games, again there's more you get out of gaining levels in KH2 compared to BBS.

Another thing to keep in mind is there actually isn't any post game, really. There's no Cavern of Remembrance, no Data Fights, nothing that takes really advantage of the power gains from levels 40-99 after the final boss of each character arc, other than the optional bosses themselves. The optional bosses feel like they were given an arbitrary power level (keep in mind that they are beatable at lv1) and then the only thing that additional levels do after you max out your abilities and command deck (much earlier than lv40 if you know what you're doing) is give you more wiggle room to beat the boss, rather than a hard-gate numbers check for example.

With that in mind, the combat levels bump really doesn't do anything except help you level faster should you find you don't have enough of said wiggle room to beat the optional bosses, personal skill/ability/reflexes/etc. taken into account. They're more a convenience than content.

edit: And while lv1 runs have existed in virtually every final and are officially condoned as something you can attempt in the games, again there's more you get out of gaining levels in KH2 compared to BBS.

I like the command melding&style systems so I'll probably level until I get all the commands etc. I won't be going for 99 for all characters for sure. I'll be going for the plat(if it doesn't end up boring me) and any optional bosses but beyond that I don't think I'll do anything like a lvl 1 run. The game's fun enough to do some grinding with mega flare for me atleast and I actually enjoyed playing on critical - got my ass handed to me on KH2 when i tried playing it after like 6 months of no KH. Thanks for the info though.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
I'm done with Birth by Sleep so yesterday I decided to play KH 2. And my god... the game looks, animates and plays SO GOOD. How is even possible almost 10 years ago they've been able to ship a product with so much polish? I mean most current games even fails in comparisons when it comes to animations and overall polish. I'm having a blast and I didn't remember it to look so good!

Aru

I beat them all at around 45-47 on critical. I used the Thunderstorm shotlock for
Armour of Eraqus and No Heart
, Mine Square for
Vanitas's Lingering Spirit
and 4x Thunder Surge and 4x Curaga for
Mysterious Figure, I needed the 4x Curaga to keep invincibility up during his laser move. I simply couldn't avoid it.

If you can't be bothered with the third boss I listed, there is an easy way of doing it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-ePV3Si3wI

Defeated Eraqus' Armor at level 52 I think, it wasn't that hard.
I grinded up to level 84 and I'll grind to level 99 before beating the other bosses. I tried NoHeart at level 84 and it was more manageable than at level 52. He still kicked my ass, but I think I can beat him.

On KH2FM, I finally defeated Lingering Will. Oh my, those 7 points difference in attack had a great impact on my victory. I had 71 Attack before, and 78 when I defeated him. It feels so good! I still have a lot of Data Org XIII members to defeat, though.

SunGod

Defeated Eraqus' Armor at level 52 I think, it wasn't that hard.
I grinded up to level 84 and I'll grind to level 99 before beating the other bosses. I tried NoHeart at level 84 and it was more manageable than at level 52. He still kicked my ass, but I think I can beat him.

On KH2FM, I finally defeated Lingering Will. Oh my, those 7 points difference in attack had a great impact on my victory. I had 71 Attack before, and 78 when I defeated him. It feels so good! I still have a lot of Data Org XIII members to defeat, though.

Woo, well done! How long did it take to get to level 84?

For Aqua's journal completion, which save file should I resume from? I haven't had a chance to check yet but can I do so from my completed secret episode save file?

Aru

For Aqua's journal completion, which save file should I resume from? I haven't had a chance to check yet but can I do so from my completed secret episode save file?

Maybe 2 or 3 hours to reach level 84 from level 52, with Terra at least.
The only way to achieve it that fast is to farm the jellyfish-like Unversed in Neverland, while having less than 25% HP and activating the skill that doubles EXP when HP < 25%. After beating it, use the taunt skill to grab 2000 more EXP points. Using that, you obtain 4700 EXP in around 30 seconds.

You can't resume the Secret Episode file unless you want to replay that part. Final Episode if you don't want to defeat Mysterious Figure, otherwise a cleared save from Aqua's story.

Okay, I beat all the remaining Data Org XIII members except Xemnas. I still cannot beat his Final Form, I almost always get killed when he catches Sora (after saying "Can you spare a heart?"). Most of the time I'm in the middle of a combo and so I can't dodge or cast Reflect. And usually I don't have full health, so it's not even worth trying to reach Sora, he'll be dead before I arrive there... I hate that part of the fight!

Falk

that puzzling face

Journal completion means you want to use Aqua's file, non-final/non-secret. That's the only way to fill out Mysterious Figure bullet point.

SunGod

You can't resume the Secret Episode file unless you want to replay that part. Final Episode if you don't want to defeat Mysterious Figure, otherwise a cleared save from Aqua's story.

Journal completion means you want to use Aqua's file, non-final/non-secret. That's the only way to fill out Mysterious Figure bullet point.

Thanks guys! I'm going to start on Aqua's journal tonight :)

Aru

Journal completion is really no fun at all to me, I'm skipping it in both 2 and BBS. Only going for the optional bosses and then I'll quit.

I will play BBS tomorrow and try to reach level 99 with Terra. If I still have enough time to play after that, I'll challenge NoHeart again.

Wasn't paying attention while playing BBS, and accidentally overwrote Terra's finished save file with Ven's.

Fuck everything.

Journal completion is really no fun at all to me, I'm skipping it in both 2 and BBS. Only going for the optional bosses and then I'll quit.

Level 99 really isn't necessary for No Heart, even on Critical Mode. Try turning on the EXP Zero ability for Terra when fighting him.

Exp Zero gives a pretty massive damage boost this time around (similarly to how it functions in KH1FM HD), and since you don't get any EXP for beating No Heart, it should be no issue.

Aru

Wasn't paying attention while playing BBS, and accidentally overwrote Terra's finished save file with Ven's.

Fuck everything.

Level 99 really isn't necessary for No Heart, even on Critical Mode. Try turning on the EXP Zero ability for Terra when fighting him.

Exp Zero gives a pretty massive damage boost this time around (similarly to how it functions in KH1FM HD), and since you don't get any EXP for beating No Heart, it should be no issue.

It might not be necessarity for NoHeart but it'll probably help against Vanitas Remnants and Mysterious Figure. I'm on Proud mode in BBS, I chose Critical for KH2FM only.

It might not be necessarity for NoHeart but it'll probably help against Vanitas Remnants and Mysterious Figure. I'm on Proud mode in BBS, I chose Critical for KH2FM only.

Damage against Mysterious Figure caps out at Level 60, and most of his attacks will knock you into critical HP anyway regardless of level, especially on Proud and Critical Mode. Same goes for Vanitas Remnant, though that one's pretty easy for Terra with the Strike/Freeze raid trick.

Alright a couple of questions - I haven't played DDD and am watching Re:coded so some of them may be answered in them.
1) Why doesn't mickey recognise Xehanort or just the name when he goes to visit Ansem.
2)Who repairs ventus' heart at the start of BBS? - Sora? If so how?
3)What's up with the ending of BBS - Xion,Axel(Who are dead afaik),RoxasTerra,Ventus all say Sora's name?
4)Terra's heart went from his body to the armor and back again? Or was it his "will" that moved his armor?
5)Do Riku or Mickey meet aqua when they enter the realm of darkness at the end of KH1 - this is how they get seperated?
6)Doesn't ventus defeat vanitas when they dive in to the heart - why is vanitas in control when fighting Aqua and why is he only defeated when Aqua breaks the blade.
7) The hell is up with the light coming from Aqua's wayfinder? Is it the power of friendship or some other cliche?
8)When Terra+Xehanort are in terra's heart , Xehanort remembers everything whilst Xehanort has amnesia in the real world - how does this work?
9)Do they explain how all of Org 13 become nobodies or is just Xehanorts "experiments" that causes them to become nobodies?
EDIT:
10)Why does Mickey's keyblade change between the Gold Kingdom Key and the one he has in BBS?.
11) are there two kingdom hearts? One made by the organisation in the twtnw and the one in the key blade graveyard?
12) is Soras Kingdom Key the chi-blade?
13)Does ventus pass on the light/keyblade to sora like aqua and terra do to Kairi & Riku?
14)Why does Riku's sword crash into ventus' heart with the kingdom key in BBS opening scene?

I'm only asking here(rather than googling) as I want to avoid spoilers. If one of the questions is explained it DDD please say so.

Here's everything i can answer
1) Not really answered, guess cause he forgot since it's been a long time between BBS and KH1.

2) Sora does by linking hearts with him

3) DDD Stuff

4) It was his will to defeat Xehanort, so when he failed, it became his "Lingering Will"

5) Not that we know of.

6) They were fighting at the same time as aqua was fighting Vanitas, which is why she couldn't defeat him until right after

7) Power of Friendship

8) Xehanort Actually did remember everything, that is until aqua Defeated Him in Final episode, and it made him forget everything.

9) Some of it's DDD stuff but yea some were experiments.

10) in BBS he was using the Keyblade that Yen Sid gave him, he got golden Keyblade when he Created Disney Castle (<--- Guess)

11) They're all Renditions of Kingdom Hearts, they've tried to create it, yet they've only made cheap knock-offs.

12) Nope.

13) Exactly, When sora Saved Ventus' Heart, he gained the power to summon a Keyblade essentially.

14) No Clue.
Hope i Helped a bit and that it's all correct, someone feel free to correct me.

do we know how well 2.5 sold?

Around 275k in NA (same as the 1.5), no EU numbers but charted worse overall in many countries compared to 1.5, Japan was ~40% drop or something compared to 1.5 for opening week and following weeks. I THINK it's around something like 170k nowdays but I'm too lazy to check and no concrete fresh numbers AFAIK.

The most surprising thing about it is that it didn't drop at all compared to 1.5 in America even tho it is PS3 exclusive this late and software sales for it are pretty much dying at this point.

Aru

Damage against Mysterious Figure caps out at Level 60, and most of his attacks will knock you into critical HP anyway regardless of level, especially on Proud and Critical Mode. Same goes for Vanitas Remnant, though that one's pretty easy for Terra with the Strike/Freeze raid trick.

Okay. I'll just try again. I defeated NoHeart at level 84. Couldn't defeat Vanitas Remnants, though. I know I can do it, but it will require more tries.

KiteGr

I Just finished one character on Birth by sleep!
How do I start another character?
Do I make a new game?
I asumed that I just had to load the Saved data of clrearing the game, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I Just finished one character on Birth by sleep!
How do I start another character?
Do I make a new game?
I asumed that I just had to load the Saved data of clrearing the game, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

It's New Game.
Once you do, DO NOT SAVE OVER THE CLEAR FILE.
Also, if you want the Final Episode, play on the same difficulty for all three characters.

Around 275k in NA (same as the 1.5), no EU numbers but charted worse overall in many countries compared to 1.5, Japan was ~40% drop or something compared to 1.5 for opening week and following weeks. I THINK it's around something like 170k nowdays but I'm too lazy to check and no concrete fresh numbers AFAIK.

The most surprising thing about it is that it didn't drop at all compared to 1.5 in America even tho it is PS3 exclusive this late and software sales for it are pretty much dying at this point.

275k for a late, last gen HD collection a year after the PS4's launch is actually kinda decent, all things considered. I wonder if it'll eventually hit Greatest Hits status like 1.5 did.

Fj0823

I think I got the level bug in Bbs

Can I man-the-fuck-up and still get to lv 99 or is it impossible now?

Currently at LV 48

Falk

that puzzling face
It takes about 1/3 longer if you farm blobmobs with victory pose/exp chance.

Takes a lot more presence of mind than going back and forth between two screens spaming Megaflare, though.

What exactly are you going for 99 for?

Seda

What does victory pose do, exactly? I read online that it gives you triple the EXP of the last enemy defeated, which kinda seems useless?

For gaining levels, I havent really gotten to this point yet, but abusing megaflares in the Radiant Garden reactor seems easy.

You can only go after the extra bosses once you complete the first 3 stories, right? I completed Terra's mode, can I take on any of the post-game bosses yet?

Falk

that puzzling face
There's some multiplicative interaction between EXP Chance and victory pose.

Let's just say something gives 100xp. EXP Chance gives you 2x of something you kill, for 200xp. When you use Victory Pose, you then gain 600xp which is then multiplied again by 2 (because EXP Chance) for 1200xp from what originally was a 100xp mob. (Of course, you add the 200 you originally got from it for 1400 total)

Blobmobs ultimately split into 8 wankers that can each be one-shot by a blizzard spell and then gives 1k+ xp per wanker with Victory Pose.

What does victory pose do, exactly? I read online that it gives you triple the EXP of the last enemy defeated, which kinda seems useless?

For gaining levels, I havent really gotten to this point yet, but abusing megaflares in the Radiant Garden reactor seems easy.

You can only go after the extra bosses once you complete the first 3 stories, right? I completed Terra's mode, can I take on any of the post-game bosses yet?

It's decent for level grinding when combined with EXP boost. The Radint Garden reactor's probably the best place to level up for Terra and Ven, though.

You have to clear Final Episode for Vanitas Remnant to open up. Beat him with one character, then Mysterious Figure unlocks.

No Heart and Armor of the Master can be fought without having to clear Final Episode or anything like that, but you'll have to fight through Mirage Arena, since they're fought at Arena levels 30 and 28, respectively.

Falk

that puzzling face
It's decent for level grinding when combined with EXP boost. The Radint Garden reactor's probably the best place to level up for Terra and Ven, though.

Anecdotally with the combat bug I was gaining XP/min faster with blobmob/victorypose than reactor/megaflare.

Top Bottom