• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

Fj0823

It takes about 1/3 longer if you farm blobmobs with victory pose/exp chance.

Takes a lot more presence of mind than going back and forth between two screens spaming Megaflare, though.

What exactly are you going for 99 for?

Tradition, I always get to 99 in KH

How do I get EXP Chance? Already have EXP Walker

Seda

No Heart and Armor of the Master can be fought without having to clear Final Episode or anything like that, but you'll have to fight through Mirage Arena, since they're fought at Arena levels 30 and 28, respectively.

Ah, but in order to get more of the Mirage Arena to open up i need to play as the other characters. Look's like some of the contests are locked until then. Thanks.

There's some multiplicative interaction between EXP Chance and victory pose.

Let's just say something gives 100xp. EXP Chance gives you 2x of something you kill, for 200xp. When you use Victory Pose, you then gain 600xp which is then multiplied again by 2 (because EXP Chance) for 1200xp from what originally was a 100xp mob. (Of course, you add the 200 you originally got from it for 1400 total)

Blobmobs ultimately split into 8 wankers that can each be one-shot by a blizzard spell and then gives 1k+ xp per wanker with Victory Pose.

Cool, I'll have to try that when I get to that point.

Falk

that puzzling face
Well, if you're not combat-level bugged, megaflare at the reactor is still faster. (Except for Aqua, where blobmob is the only choice)

Combat level bug is the difference between ~5.5k a repetition and ~2k a repetition.

Seda

Well, if you're not combat-level bugged, megaflare at the reactor is still faster. (Except for Aqua, where blobmob is the only choice)

Combat level bug is the difference between ~5.5k a repetition and ~2k a repetition.

I am bugged (I guess because I loaded up Terra's clear-savefile before doing Ven/Aqua?) I don't really care though.

Fj0823

Awesome, I have a Victory Pose!
Never knew it did anything!

How does it work? Do I have to do it at the end of the battle?
Or at any moment?

Psxphile

Tradition, I always get to 99 in KH

How do I get EXP Chance? Already have EXP Walker
Ehhhhh.... it's really not worth the effort but more power to you I guess.
For EXP Chance try melding Quick Blitz and Blizzard commands w/ an Abounding Crystal.

Awesome, I have a Victory Pose!
Never knew it did anything!

How does it work? Do I have to do it at the end of the battle?
Or at any moment?

It takes effect immediately after use. It applies the multiplier to the last experience gain that took effect (you'll see the on-screen exp counter appear or change once you use it). Because of this, it's important to turn off EXP Walker so that you don't accidentally undo your bigger exp gain by taking a step, netting you 3-6 exp instead of the 1-2k+ you should have gotten.

Aru

BBSFM: Okay, I stopped grinding. I was at level 85. I defeated all the remaining optional bosses. Damn, Vanitas Remnants and MF were crazy lol.

I'm done with BBSFM. Now, the only boss remaining is Data Xemnas.

SunGod

I managed to finish BBSFM too! :) thanks for all the help from everyone in this thread!

T5mSDSp.jpg

So, are there lists of total items you'll need to plat KH2FM?
Also, is there a step by step guide for creating the donut ship or should i just use a youtube video? Also, is there a lsit of mats for the donut ship?

Here's everything i can answer
1) Not really answered, guess cause he forgot since it's been a long time between BBS and KH1.

2) Sora does by linking hearts with him

3) DDD Stuff

4) It was his will to defeat Xehanort, so when he failed, it became his "Lingering Will"

5) Not that we know of.

6) They were fighting at the same time as aqua was fighting Vanitas, which is why she couldn't defeat him until right after

7) Power of Friendship

8) Xehanort Actually did remember everything, that is until aqua Defeated Him in Final episode, and it made him forget everything.

9) Some of it's DDD stuff but yea some were experiments.

10) in BBS he was using the Keyblade that Yen Sid gave him, he got golden Keyblade when he Created Disney Castle (<--- Guess)

11) They're all Renditions of Kingdom Hearts, they've tried to create it, yet they've only made cheap knock-offs.

12) Nope.

13) Exactly, When sora Saved Ventus' Heart, he gained the power to summon a Keyblade essentially.

14) No Clue.
Hope i Helped a bit and that it's all correct, someone feel free to correct me.

Thanks

Boogins

So after getting the platinum in kh2 I moved onto bbs and forgot to read the fine print on unlocking everything which lead me to play on normal. I am really not looking forward to filling the journals for all three characters. :(

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Around 275k in NA (same as the 1.5), no EU numbers but charted worse overall in many countries compared to 1.5, Japan was ~40% drop or something compared to 1.5 for opening week and following weeks. I THINK it's around something like 170k nowdays but I'm too lazy to check and no concrete fresh numbers AFAIK.

The most surprising thing about it is that it didn't drop at all compared to 1.5 in America even tho it is PS3 exclusive this late and software sales for it are pretty much dying at this point.

That's pretty good all things considered!

Aru

I managed to finish BBSFM too! :) thanks for all the help from everyone in this thread!

T5mSDSp.jpg

Good job for all KH plats. No way in hell I'd have the patience to do that. Most of the required actions are pure filler and I think I prefer playing other games instead.

Aru

Okay, Data Xemnas defeated. I have the silver crown. I decided to try to defeat the Mushroom XIII even if I don't enjoy that, just to have the gold crown. It's probably the last time ever that I'm playing KH2.

Man, those loading times were atrocious, especially because the Retry feature seemed to have become standard since BBS. I really hope they put it in every new game in the series at this point. Having to deal with 20 seconds loadings (counting the fact we go back to the previous screen, so there are 2 areas to load and a cutscene to skip, usually) when you are trying your best to learn the boss patterns is a deal breaker. I managed to get over it, but now I'm sure I'll never do that again.

EDIT: I was very lazy and decided to use a guide to defeat the Mushrooms. It's done. Birth by Sleep video unlocked :)

I have played enough Kingdom Hearts for a while, after more than 100 hours in 1 month (counting both games)!

Aru

I'm really glad I don't particularly care about trophies. Some of the ones for these collections are so brutally boring.

I usually care for story related stuff, the trophies usually aren't.
I love Kingdom Hearts, but outside of the optional bosses, the sidequests don't appeal to me at all. Most of the optional bosses have little to nothing to do with the story, but at least the fights are epic and entertaining (if you can deal with the frustration). Some of them are pretty cheap, but most are great. Lingering Will's battle in KH2FM is mostly fair, there's no bullshit QTE sequences like with Final Xemnas.

Seda

I actually had more trouble beating Pete in Fruitball than any of the Ice Cream songs.

(I only have to do Fruitball with one character, right)

Falk

that puzzling face
If you make it a point to smash all bananas at the enemy, the game becomes impossible to lose.

but no less tedious and un-fun mind you

Psxphile

My problem with it is that it lasts too damn long. It's like, what... 5 minutes per match? And the advanced matches can turn from a victory to a complete loss in no time.

But yes, the mini-game becomes trivial once you make it a point to bash the banana bunches into the opponent(s) rather than using them to score.

What happened?

Oh, you know... a little of this, a little of that.

Mostly this.
And this.
And this.
And let's not forget this.

Hm. Seems running simultaneous playthroughs may be the culprit. So if you don't want to run into the same problem I and these fellows did, I suggest completing one character's story to the end before starting another. Looks like the issue is resolved by just running through one more campaign and collecting all their stickers. So no save file relocation shenanigans.

sn00zer

Soooo Im lvl 33ish on Terra's story and i am getting DESTROYED by the final boss
Possessed Terra
No problem with the first section, but once I lose my super cool keyblade I kinda get decimated by the final form. Not sure what Im doing wrong...have Curaga, Sonic Blade, meteor, and some other high level stuff so I dont know what Im doing wrong

Soooo Im lvl 33ish on Terra's story and i am getting DESTROYED by the final boss
Possessed Terra
No problem with the first section, but once I lose my super cool keyblade I kinda get decimated by the final form. Not sure what Im doing wrong...have Curaga, Sonic Blade, meteor, and some other high level stuff so I dont know what Im doing wrong

I was around 38 when i beat him, you need to block alot and reflect stuff back at him. I had 2 curaga's in my decks,sonic blade and thunder surge (i used these the most against him so i can't remmeber what else). Basically, shotlock him as soon as he approaches you to do his ground/keyblade combo and run to the edges and be ready to curaga yourself when he launches the meteor attack. He's one of the hardest story boss' imo(that could've been due to me playing on critical+terra on my first playthrough).

Falk

that puzzling face
Hm. Seems running simultaneous playthroughs may be the culprit. So if you don't want to run into the same problem I and these fellows did, I suggest completing one character's story to the end before starting another. Looks like the issue is resolved by just running through one more campaign and collecting all their stickers. So no save file relocation shenanigans.

Hahahaha that's an interesting/band-aidy way to handle that. So i guess the logic for the trophy is "If other two collections are done when you start a character story, trigger trophy when you finish collection in this story".

All the
Data Organization Members
defeated.
All I have left to defeat is defeat the secret boss and beat the game one more time for the secret movie.

Time to rank the challenge. I'll spoiler just in case
Xemnas: I only took me two tries, which surprised me since I died once to normal final Xenmas. Definitely challenging, but I guess the practice from fighting the other members helped at bit.

Xigbar: I found him on the easy side, I didn't even need summons or drive forms. His sniping attack is more annoying, but I didn't find him any tougher otherwise.

Xaldin: I hated fighting him the first time, and I hated fighting his data form. Even though I knew what I had to do it still wasn't easy. He can do alot of damage with his attacks without giving any openings. Took me a number of tries.

Vexen: My previous strategy of summoning chicken little to aid me was just as effective for his data form. He was much easier once I replaced my lucky rings with accessaries that boosted my strength/magic. Chicken little healing and stun attack help keep anti-sora from killing me.

Lexaeus: Pretty challenging, but all the failed attempts I had versus him the first time served me well, so it only took a couple tries to win. Once again chicken little was useful. Reflect and aerial finishers to knock him into the air helped alot.

Zexion: His attacks are still annoying, and the way he flies around inside the book made luck play an important role in the battle. I did find it amusing that with negative combo and fining plus I could free donald and goofy faster than he could trap them.

Saix: This one initial intimidated me, since i knew his reaction command window was greatly reduced. I thought I would have a hard time with this, but I beat him on the first try. His attacks had less of a hit box than I expected. Chicken Little once again helped keep Saix off his feat between berserk modes.

Axel: The first one I defeated. I choose him first his data battle was based on a early game fight. He only has a few attacks. He doesn't pause much, so you need to be on your toes. I found limit forms special attacks useful here. The key to this battle was clear the fire field as quickly as possible. I never lasted long if I failed to do so.

Demyx: Definitely one of the toughest fights for me. Not because Demyx himself was tough, fightiong him was easy. The problem was dealing with the water clones. After numerous attempts, I got lucky where he went into a corner to do his final water dance and I was able to spam fire to kill the clones within the time limit.

Luxord: Another one that is annoying due to non battle factors. I had no trouble getting to the climax of the fight, but the final game took a few tries.

Marluixa: If I was low level, this fight probably would have been annoying. But at level 99, with Chicken Little, I had little trouble with this fight. Timely blocks and reflects help alot.

Larxene: This was another tough fight. She attacks constantly and gives little time to counter. The fact that the lightning knocks you into the air makes using items to heal difficult. It took many battle to get good at dodging the lightning and timing the guards for her attacks.

Roxas: this fight wasn't easy. The constant pillars of light make it difficult to get in close or get a long combo in. Once his health was down to a third I just used limit form and spammed sonic rave until I won.
If I wanted a platinum I still need to get 2 Gummi trophies and the skateboard trophy afterwards, but I rather not spent time on that.

Aru

All the
Data Organization Members
defeated.
All I have left to defeat is defeat the secret boss and beat the game one more time for the secret movie.

Time to rank the challenge. I'll spoiler just in case
Xemnas: I only took me two tries, which surprised me since I died once to normal final Xenmas. Definitely challenging, but I guess the practice from fighting the other members helped at bit.

Xigbar: I found him on the easy side, I didn't even need summons or drive forms. His sniping attack is more annoying, but I didn't find him any tougher otherwise.

Xaldin: I hated fighting him the first time, and I hated fighting his data form. Even though I knew what I had to do it still wasn't easy. He can do alot of damage with his attacks without giving any openings. Took me a number of tries.

Vexen: My previous strategy of summoning chicken little to aid me was just as effective for his data form. He was much easier once I replaced my lucky rings with accessaries that boosted my strength/magic. Chicken little healing and stun attack help keep anti-sora from killing me.

Lexaeus: Pretty challenging, but all the failed attempts I had versus him the first time served me well, so it only took a couple tries to win. Once again chicken little was useful. Reflect and aerial finishers to knock him into the air helped alot.

Zexion: His attacks are still annoying, and the way he flies around inside the book made luck play an important role in the battle. I did find it amusing that with negative combo and fining plus I could free donald and goofy faster than he could trap them.

Saix: This one initial intimidated me, since i knew his reaction command window was greatly reduced. I thought I would have a hard time with this, but I beat him on the first try. His attacks had less of a hit box than I expected. Chicken Little once again helped keep Saix off his feat between berserk modes.

Axel: The first one I defeated. I choose him first his data battle was based on a early game fight. He only has a few attacks. He doesn't pause much, so you need to be on your toes. I found limit forms special attacks useful here. The key to this battle was clear the fire field as quickly as possible. I never lasted long if I failed to do so.

Demyx: Definitely one of the toughest fights for me. Not because Demyx himself was tough, fightiong him was easy. The problem was dealing with the water clones. After numerous attempts, I got lucky where he went into a corner to do his final water dance and I was able to spam fire to kill the clones within the time limit.

Luxord: Another one that is annoying due to non battle factors. I had no trouble getting to the climax of the fight, but the final game took a few tries.

Marluixa: If I was low level, this fight probably would have been annoying. But at level 99, with Chicken Little, I had little trouble with this fight. Timely blocks and reflects help alot.

Larxene: This was another tough fight. She attacks constantly and gives little time to counter. The fact that the lightning knocks you into the air makes using items to heal difficult. It took many battle to get good at dodging the lightning and timing the guards for her attacks.

Roxas: this fight wasn't easy. The constant pillars of light make it difficult to get in close or get a long combo in. Once his health was down to a third I just used limit form and spammed sonic rave until I won.
If I wanted a platinum I still need to get 2 Gummi trophies and the skateboard trophy afterwards, but I rather not spent time on that.

Yeah, fuck Luxord, Zexion and Demyx. I hated dying because of one of their stupid mini-games.

Seda

Haha, fighting Demyx, getting past his initial minigames, getting his health down to zero, and then more minigames capping off with a 99 enemy run.

I ended up with a split-second before failure. I think I stood up and exclaimed 'Fuck you!' when I completed it.

Anas

Banned
Am I the only one who's going to kill the person who created all this impossible missions ?

Can anyone tell how to get 10000 points in The Paradox Titan Cup ?
I always get stuck in 8900, even with the help of Perer Pan, and using follow the wind
Is it my high level ? Cause my current level is 83.

There was a brief little while where I was planning to do shit like maxing out Goofy and Donald's and Riku's stats in addition to Sora's but lolnope that'd take too long. Too many variables to get Magic Up or Attack Up from bosses on a truly consistent basis, IMO.

Falk

that puzzling face
Am I the only one who's going to kill the person who created all this impossible missions ?

I always get stuck in 8900, even with the help of Perer Pan, and using follow the wind
Try stitch at high levels

Balphon

You want Wishing Lamp, not Follow the Wind.

In any event, Stitch -> Ohana -> Ukelele -> Ukelele -> Blast, then Peter Pan -> Neverland -> Tiny Fairy spam. Should get you there.

Sorry to ask this, I tried searching quickly and found conflicting info or posts without enough info.

What order should I do the end-game content for KH2 & BBS respecitvely?
Also am I correct in thinking that you only need to fantastic Desert Paradise(Master) and simply scoring for the rest with Ice cream beat with every character?

Seda

Sorry to ask this, I tried searching quickly and found conflicting info or posts without enough info.

What order should I do the end-game content for KH2 & BBS respecitvely?
Also am I correct in thinking that you only need to fantastic Desert Paradise(Master) and simply scoring for the rest with Ice cream beat with every character?

One of the trophies requires a fantastic for each Master rank song. So for one character you'll have to do all of them.

Wow, Zexion is the worst. It's like they found every terrible game mechanic they could and threw it together into this mess. Invincible during attacks, you can't seem to avoid the book portal, the confusing mess inside that portal that messes with the lock on, and lets throw in a one hit kill.

Are all these extra battles this awful? This guy isn't even that tough, he's just cheapshotting his way every time I fight him. Do you even get anything for beating them?

Wow, Zexion is the worst. It's like they found every terrible game mechanic they could and threw it together into this mess. Invincible during attacks, you can't seem to avoid the book portal, the confusing mess inside that portal that messes with the lock on, and lets throw in a one hit kill.

Are all these extra battles this awful? This guy isn't even that tough, he's just cheapshotting his way every time I fight him. Do you even get anything for beating them?
most of them are pretty easy except for him and Xemnas (At least for me)

you do get a good synthesis item if you defeat him.

Top Bottom