• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Plumbers Don't Wear Ties: Definitive Edition |OT| Take your damn clothes off

R6Rider

Gold Member

Originally released in 1993, it's back and available for PC, PS4, PS5, Switch, Xbox One, and Series X/S.

Released March 5, 2024.

Greed, lust, spirituality, white-knuckle chases, shameful propositions, a nun, humor, true love, jaded love, jealousy, taut action, comedy, a bad guy, a good guy, a hero, spine-tingling suspense, a hot babe, brazen bravado, a damsel in distress, and a Hollywood ending!!

Plumb the depths in the definitive edition of this lost “classic”

Painstakingly restored and lovingly recreated. Plumbers Don’t Wear Ties: Definitive Edition delivers a truly next-generation CD-ROM experience. For the first time since 1993 the original version of the game is faithfully presented alongside 4K remastered photos and a wealth of documentary and interview content.

Relive the excitement of John and Jane’s fateful encounter in the first American produced visual novel. Learn about the birth of the multimedia era from industry icons, and dive into the origin featuring leading lady Jeanne “Jane” Basone with all-new documentary style content.

- Play the cult classic and earn plumber bucks along with your high score
- Fully remastered images, select between original and new 4K restorations on the fly.
- Plumb the Depths, dungeon crawler with unlockables and secrets to discover via your hard earned plumber bucks.
- Full gallery mode, view images, behind the scenes and original release assets from the 3DO classic.
- New unlockable documentary feature, discover the history of video in video games and the making of PDWT through the cast of journalists, game industry veterans and original game crew.
- Save your progress and repeat your favorite scenes.

-
Spontaneous OT after watching Mega64 upload a modern classic:

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Never played this back in the day, but I'm a big fan of FMV games, so I might have to pick this up at some point just to check it out.

Fuck Limited Run Games though.

Madonis

The anime character they made for marketing this release looks better than the actual model.

I'm sorry, but someone had to say it.

Last edited:

Rayderism

There wasn't a lot of FMV in the 3DO version. Mostly just a bunch of still pictures. And it was very lame. Maybe this remaster will add some redeeming qualities, but I highly doubt it.

Nevadatan

Anyone pick this up yet?
i did, september last year. I havent heard anything since. says *on production*. was the first time i ever bought anything from Limited Run so not sure if this is normal or not. i did however picked some vinyl records and these do got delivered.

Last edited:
Top Bottom