• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

Anas

Banned
so .. gummy ship trophies @_@
can anyone tell me how to get a powerful gummy ship so I can get "S" in all this mission :/

i had forgotten how powerful Thundaga Shot is

It's kind of hilarious how OP Aqua's special Command Deck abilities are compared to Ventus and especially Terra. I mean, Ventus gets some really good shit (and Wingblade), but Aqua's just a one-woman army by the end of the game.

And, I mean, Seeker Mine. Ridiculously OP.

Finally beat the
Lingering Will
this morning.

Defiantly the toughest fight in the game, but also I really interesting one. The battle is like a game of cat and mouse where you are both looking for openings to attack.

The key is avoiding his assault and attacking the moment his attack ends, before he starts up another. Unlike Sephiroth, who teleports away after one combo, Lingering Will takes longer to recover and you can get two full combos on him.I was taking off 3 bars of health ever time I found an opening. He pretty much the same for the entire fight, except he starts using his desperation attack when his HP gets low.

I'm not going to bother finishing the Gummi Missions. Going to move on the Birth By Sleep next.

Also, since and earlier post brought up the subject. I really dislike that the Atlantis mission are play each song again. There is no score threshold or anything, it is just play each one again. It is just really tedious.

Seda

dumb question

how do i unlock and where do i fight

1.) vanitas sentiment/remnant
2.) mysterious figure

(for each character)

Falk

that puzzling face
First beat the game character arc's final boss, then reload your clear data. (I'm assuming you're already past the whole final episode etc shenanigans since you said you glitched your combat levels)

1) Vanitas Sentiment is as
Keyblade Graveyard - there's another different save point you can go to that's not the endgame place
2) Mysterious Figure is at
Land of Departure

Seda

First beat the game character arc's final boss, then reload your clear data. (I'm assuming you're already past the whole final episode etc shenanigans since you said you glitched your combat levels)

1) Vanitas Sentiment is as
Keyblade Graveyard - there's another different save point you can go to that's not the endgame place
2) Mysterious Figure is at
Land of Departure

I havent done final episode yet. I just completed the three character stories. Do I need to do Final Episode first?

Psxphile

okay, I need a donut ship
But where I can get all this neon bars and abilities ?
Is it by killing the red ones ?

Yeah, materials, new abilities and sometimes even blueprints are gathered by beating glowing red ships, gold ships (they only appear in certain areas of a route when you kill off all the red ones nearby quickly) and other 'specialty' ships. S-ranking a mission nets you a prize, too.

Just start making the best donut ship you can muster with the materials you already have, and start doing the easier missions. You'll gradually earn the rest as you steadily gather S-ranks. S'easy.

Seda

Okay, so I beat all secret bosses with Ventus, but I'm apparently missing a Character File. I have Pooh, Tigger, and Rabbit from command boards, is there another one I might be missing?

Seda

I have Monstro. Every other category in the Journal has the Mickey icon, so if it was something needed for any other entry I have it.

I know there are entries that only certain characters get, depending on who they actually meet. I notice I don't have Daisy or Captain Dark for Disney Town.

Captain Dark seemed weird. I did command board to get him to show up (and won the board), but no go. I also finished the races there (I forgot you got a keyblade for doing that, haha) but he doesnt show up there for Ven either.

hmm

Seda

Oh, I didn't even know that "No Heart" was even a thing. I never checked the mirage arena board after finishing all the Mirage Arena missions in the Journal.

>_____________________________________________<

Also, since and earlier post brought up the subject. I really dislike that the Atlantis mission are play each song again. There is no score threshold or anything, it is just play each one again. It is just really tedious.

Actually, I discovered a trick to this. When you start a song, just pause and quit. Voila, the game thinks you did the song agaim !. Saved me a lot of time
and pain

Psxphile

Actually, I discovered a trick to this. When you start a song, just pause and quit. Voila, the game thinks you did the song agaim !. Saved me a lot of time
and pain

That sound you hear in the distance is the sound of a thousand palms slapping bare foreheads.

Andrefpvs

After seven long weeks of exams, I can finally play this. Phew!

So, I started KH2FM (#TeamShield) and I just got the Gummi Ship. I was wondering if you guys had any general tips on how to play from now on in order to minimize my post-game grinding (I'll be completing the Journal).

I'm especially looking for tips on how to use my Drive Forms (should I be using them whenever I can?), and maximize the munny and item drops I can get (how to get Lucky Lucky abilities as soon as possible, for example).

I know these things have been talked about before, but this thread has 123 pages and I can't find it anywhere. Thanks!

After seven long weeks of exams, I can finally play this. Phew!

So, I started KH2FM (#TeamShield) and I just got the Gummi Ship. I was wondering if you guys had any general tips on how to play from now on in order to minimize my post-game grinding (I'll be completing the Journal).

I'm especially looking for tips on how to use my Drive Forms (should I be using them whenever I can?), and maximize the munny and item drops I can get (how to get Lucky Lucky abilities as soon as possible, for example).

I know these things have been talked about before, but this thread has 123 pages and I can't find it anywhere. Thanks!

Honestly not using the drive forms is not an issue. Grinding them is so fast in 2FM that the use during normal play has pretty minimal effect in the end when the most effective grinding spots make it much faster. If you still want to get the most use from normal play time then Wisdom Form is the best one to use your drive bar for.

There really isn't that much you need to keep an eye out for. You might want to try get most of the gummi route drops (yellow+red enemies+missions) you can whenever you open a new path so you don't have to do everything at once and you get easier access to a good donut gummi in the late game.

As for synthesis I personally wouldn't worry about it until post game. After you start your synthesis grinding just get a few lucky rings asap (personally for me 3 was quite enough for good drop rates).

Seda

J4YSCJh.png

*dies*

Andrefpvs

Honestly not using the drive forms is not an issue. Grinding them is so fast in 2FM that the use during normal play has pretty minimal effect in the end when the most effective grinding spots make it much faster. If you still want to get the most use from normal play time then Wisdom Form is the best one to use your drive bar for.

There really isn't that much you need to keep an eye out for. You might want to try get most of the gummi route drops (yellow+red enemies+missions) you can whenever you open a new path so you don't have to do everything at once and you get easier access to a good donut gummi in the late game.

As for synthesis I personally wouldn't worry about it until post game. After you start your synthesis grinding just get a few lucky rings asap (personally for me 3 was quite enough for good drop rates).

Alright, thanks for the tips. I've been using Valor form (all I have so far) quite liberally, and getting my drive bar filled hasn't been much of an issue, so I'll keep using drive forms without worries.

Congrats! How is this one compared to re:CoM?

Alright, thanks for the tips. I've been using Valor form (all I have so far) quite liberally, and getting my drive bar filled hasn't been much of an issue, so I'll keep using drive forms without worries.

The final mix version made it easier to restore the drive gauge, both in terms of how much attacking, orbs and item restore it.

Lucky Lucky is slightly different in FM in that there are no weapons with lucky lucky, but you can synthesize as many lucky lucky rings as you can equip. Sora gets his lucky lucky ability from limit form now. Limit form also grants an extra lucky lucky ability if you want to up your chances when gathering materials. Also, the multiplier bonus from lucky lucky was increased from +0.3 to +0.5. If you picked critical mode you also start with 2 extra lucky lucky abilities. Gathering materials is much easier in this version the max bonus is 7 to 8.5 times chances (depending on the difficultly and current form) versus the 3.1 times from the vanilla version.

Seda

Congrats! How is this one compared to re:CoM?

Not as bad mostly because you don't have to go to level 99. But still it's repetitive because you have to do things thrice.

Also, Mysterious Figure is significantly more difficult with Terra than he is with Ventus or Aqua.

Not as bad mostly because you don't have to go to level 99. But still it's repetitive because you have to do things thrice.

Also, Mysterious Figure is significantly more difficult with Terra than he is with Ventus or Aqua.
Endgame stuff in general is. His Command Deck isn't as good and his ability to avoid damage is lacking.

Anas

Banned
Wow I never thought that the Gummi ship missions was that deep
The thing is I got the Platinum in 75 Hours :"(
Thanks for all who helped :D

Falk

that puzzling face
Deep Space. It's in the hangar and you need to get rid of a bunch of random mobs first. (Thundaga works well to clear them out since it hits twice, bypassing the odd magic damage cap that the poison vial things have)

edit: Forgot Aqua has Thundaga Shot lol

Deep Space. It's in the hangar and you need to get rid of a bunch of random mobs first. (Thundaga works well to clear them out since it hits twice, bypassing the odd magic damage cap that the poison vial things have)

Oh man leveling Aqua to 99 is going to be extremely annoying isn't it.

Mikey Jr.

Hey guys, what is the best order to go in for playing/watching these games?

Its....

1. KH1
2. Chain of memories
3. KH2
4. 358/2
5. Birth by sleep
6. Dream Drop Distance

right?

Just wondering where coded fits into here if that is the correct order.

corn_fest

Hey guys, what is the best order to go in for playing/watching these games?

Its....

1. KH1
2. Chain of memories
3. KH2
4. 358/2
5. Birth by sleep
6. Dream Drop Distance

right?

Just wondering where coded fits into here if that is the correct order.

Coded probably makes the most sense right before DDD, but you could watch it any time after KH2. Personally I'd flip KH2 and 358/2 as I think KH2's story becomes much more enjoyable that way, but that's up to personal preference.

Andrefpvs

Yep, coded is definitely right before DDD. I also agree that 358/2 Days before KH2 is the superior choice, having tested that very recently. But opinions vary on this.

Mikey Jr.

Coded probably makes the most sense right before DDD, but you could watch it any time after KH2. Personally I'd flip KH2 and 358/2 as I think KH2's story becomes much more enjoyable that way, but that's up to personal preference.

Yep, coded is definitely right before DDD. I also agree that 358/2 Days before KH2 is the superior choice, having tested that very recently. But opinions vary on this.

Coded before DDD. Got it.

But 358/2 BEFORE KH2?

Hmmm, interesting. I'll have to think about that one. Thanks guys.

Mikey Jr.

Ok, sounds awesome.

Btw, tried playing kh with the dual shock 4.

Yeah, you have to be a masochist to play it like that. Going diagonal brings you to walking speed. I guess it's good if you want to impose some sort of challenge onto yourself.

zeemumu

Chronologically it goes BBS, KH 1, 358/2 Days and CoM interlock on the timeline with CoM taking place during Days, then KH2, then Coded, then DDD.

iosefe

Ok, sounds awesome.

Btw, tried playing kh with the dual shock 4.

Yeah, you have to be a masochist to play it like that. Going diagonal brings you to walking speed. I guess it's good if you want to impose some sort of challenge onto yourself.

BBS works like a gosh darn dream though.

i guess because the deadzones were tuned for a nub it works

Mikey Jr.

BBS works like a gosh darn dream though.

i guess because the deadzones were tuned for a nub it works

I'll give it a try on BBs.

Anyone think ddd might get a console release? Because right now my only way is to buy a 3ds, then sell it off I guess when I'm done.

sn00zer

Got to the final boss in Ven's story in one sitting. Enjoyed myself far more now that I understand the mechanics. Alo got that far in about half the time of terra's. Its painfully obvious they spent way more time thinking about and planning Ven's overarching plot, much better story than terra's. And I totally understand why the plot seems pretty straight forward if youve played the games and absoluteky insne if you havent. Bbs truly is three different game plots in one game. Still gotta play Aquas which I assume cvers the pre order 13 characters and plot.

Okay, I just reached TWTNW in Kingdom Hearts II. Getting near the point where I will be grinding out form levels/Syth items/missions/levels. Is there a guide for the most efficient/quick ways to do this? I just want to get it out of the way so I can have fun doing Org XIII data battles, fight Terra, fight Sephiroth, etc. Basically going for the plat.

Top Bottom