• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jim Ryan said 'No' to Kojima's next game - XboxEra Podcast

ZywyPL

Banned
Probably because its (rumored to be) episodic? Did Sony ever make an episodic game?

Works for games like Hitman for example, brings money, so why wouldn't it work for something similar from Sony? I think en episodic game made by Kojima or Quantic Dreams would be a perfect fit for Sony's offering, they have the know- how I can imagine things like a retrospection being played when you're launching up a new episode with "previously on <game_title>", showing your previous actions/choices, like Quantum Break did every time you wen't back to the game. I think the two mentioned studios would do a fantastic job with this kind of experience, which I personally would love to play.

ripeavocado

Banned
Bad move if true, th previous strategy of Sony in investing in quality games from all across the gaming space was a winning one. If they want to focus on Druckmann-style cinematic AAA only they are in for a rough awakening in a few years.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
He is working on multiple projects. Why do people believe Sony and Kojima are not working together anymore?

tassletine

Smart move. Send him over to Microsoft where he'll cause all kinds of trouble.
If they bite, they'll try and control him and he'll taint them like he did Konami.

I think at least 70% of Kojima's fans would just want him to make a new Metal Gear game, instead of something new, no matter how fun, or revolutionary.
As much as I love MGS I rather he just make a game with more interesting gameplay than Death Stranding. It's cool he tried something different with that but it wasn't fun to me.

Arachnid

Smart move. Send him over to Microsoft where he'll cause all kinds of trouble.
If they bite, they'll try and control him and he'll taint them like he did Konami.
Apparently, the Bethesda devs Microsoft aquired have been given a lot of freedom to make what they want. I'd actually argue that Kojima would creatively thrive with Microsoft.

nerdface

Banned
First stadia, now this. Does he not see how desperate he looks?

There are so many nerds on this planet that would throw kickstarter money at him, he could do whatever he wanted.

tassletine

Apparently, the Bethesda devs Microsoft aquired have been given a lot of freedom to make what they want. I'd actually argue that Kojima would creatively thrive with Microsoft.
I'm no fan of Bethesda but perhaps they're a good fit.

I know a few people who worked for them and they said it was nightmarish. Complete corporate control. No info given. Long waits etc.
What they did to Platinum was horrific (basically using them as a chip to hog resources and stop them producing games for other studios).
I am not a fan as I've never heard anything good about them. Your comment is literally the first.

LMJ

Yet another rumor that has been twisted into Ryan being a EvIl MonSTeR

evil he-man GIF

I mean, you guys get he's WAY more boring than you're building him up to be...

He's a suit, a by the books Bottom line profits are everything suit.

A guy like that doesn't want to rock the boat, again as I stated in my half joking thread, a shit ton of these decisions were already in play well before Ryan took control...

Seriously do we need to create a new mental illness for you folks jack Ryan Syndrome? (JRS)
RENT FREE lol

In regards to the rumor itself, this could make sense as Kojima wanted DS to be WAY more social, if he can tap into GP numbers and create a social networking type game then MS would be a perfect fit!

Arachnid

I'm no fan of Bethesda but perhaps they're a good fit.

I know a few people who worked for them and they said it was nightmarish. Complete corporate control. No info given. Long waits etc.
What they did to Platinum was horrific (basically using them as a chip to hog resources and stop them producing games for other studios).
I am not a fan as I've never heard anything good about them. Your comment is literally the first.
My comment isn't talking about Bethesda. You may be right about that stuff, though I've never looked into it.

My comment is specifically from Arkane in regards to Microsoft. The Xbox division has been pretty lax as far as all that corporate pressure stuff.

tassletine

My comment isn't talking about Bethesda. You may be right about that stuff, though I've never looked into it.

My comment is specifically from Arkane in regards to Microsoft. The Xbox division has been pretty lax as far as all that corporate pressure stuff.
I hope it's true and not just being nice when you start a business relationship, that's pretty common.

Top Bottom