• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jim Ryan said 'No' to Kojima's next game - XboxEra Podcast

bitbydeath

Remember this is the same guy who said the initiatives next game would be episodic and people would literally give up on Xbox game studios when announced.

Bryank75

Banned
i hear jim ryan kicked a puppy then drank its blood too

this fanfiction is getting retarded and making this place impossible to read because the forum is clogged with this garbage
I'm sure if the PlayStation PR did their job, this stuff wouldn't get out of hand.

But there is no communication, fans are upset and wondering what is going on.... PS execs have their heads buried in the sand.

Last edited:

Aion002

It could be a fucking iddle gacha game... You never say no Kojima. Jimbo...
Shemar Moore Swat GIF by CBS

Mr Moose

I've heard his name but don't really know him beyond that.... his username is..... not particularly endearing.
It's this dumbass:
Screenshot20200809Re.png

Last edited:

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
i hear jim ryan kicked a puppy then drank its blood too

this fanfiction is getting retarded and making this place impossible to read because the forum is clogged with this garbage
I take it that you were totally fine with spending 2013-2020 watching every gaming forum on earth filled with people shitting all over Microsoft 24/7 though.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Almost definitely Unreal.
That kind of switch isn't exactly cheap (or easy, especially for smaller studios), but then again we don't know what kind of support they're getting, or how they're being funded, so it may be minimal risk to them.
But suffice to say even with funding taken care of - these are the types of decisions that push projects out for 12+ months, at least.

I take it that you were totally fine with spending 2013-2020 watching every gaming forum on earth filled with people shitting all over Microsoft 24/7 though.
maybe when any of these stupid rumors actually happens it would be worth discussing them

I think at least 70% of Kojima's fans would just want him to make a new Metal Gear game, instead of something new, no matter how fun, or revolutionary.
which is ironic because kojima would retire before ever being forced to make another mgs game

assurdum

Banned
Well if say no to Kojima it's no more money by Sony for him, it's the first time agree with Jim. You want experiment a new game with shitty gameplay? Uses your money Kojima san. I have finished this game and it's a fucking disaster in the gameplay pacing & design. The only good parts are when become a TPS and it's ironically because hearing Kojima people hate it because it's not about shooting. Really? Lol the boss battles are all about shooting, the hell he even talked about. There is nothing of revolutionary in this game, it's a fucking confusing mess and God if I hate the strandings souls and the stealth moments. The most boring and annoying things of a game could introduce, like the hell was supposed to be fun about it?

Last edited:

Varteras

Gold Member
Well supposedly Kojima had his episodic horror game waved off by Google who really wasn't in a position to turn shit down. Death Stranding was pretty good but it was incredibly divisive and nowhere near the quality of work Kojima is known for and after all the hype Sony created for him. My guess is that if there is any truth to this, what he pitched just did not do it for Google or Sony. He's supposedly working on multiple projects but until we know what he has up his sleeve we really can't make any judgements on the people who might have turned him down. For all we know, what he pitched was total garbage. I love a lot of the games with his name attached to them but the man seems very pretentious and self-indulgent at times.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Not going to listen to some long podcast from this guy, but realistically does this guy actually have any legit inside info? All I ever hear is he is full of crap. Has any of his rumors ever panned out?

Do we even have any confirmation that Kojima is actually making a game for Xbox beyond a statue on Phil's shelf? It seems like there are a lot of rumors about Kojima but I'm not sure they are very solid.

Arachnid

maybe when any of these stupid rumors actually happens it would be worth discussing them

which is ironic because kojima would retire before ever being forced to make another mgs game
It doesn't even have to be another MGS for me. I just want another third person stealth game. Kojima is one of the best when it comes to that kind of gameplay.

Top Bottom