• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All jokes aside, Jim Ryan was mocked when he said this quote but...3 years into this generation, was he right?

cireza

Series S has been doing pretty strong for MS, so no, he was wrong. I don't think MS would be happy giving up on half of their sales since the beginning of the gen, especially as Series S is even more an entry point to their subscription services since it is all digital. And this is also why the console exists to begin with : to sell more Game Pass.

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

Project Trojan ( getting cheap ass people to fill the sales number gap against PS5 ) did not work.

Trojans should of been used to not conceive that idea…

Techies

Series S has been doing pretty strong for MS, so no, he was wrong. I don't think MS would be happy giving up on half of their sales since the beginning of the gen, especially as Series S is even more an entry point to their subscription services since it is all digital. And this is also why the console exists to begin with : to sell more Game Pass.
The Series S brought a new generation of gamers into minecraft and fortnite.

That price difference is between parents being able to afford or not afford a console.

MAX PAYMENT

Isn't that exactly what they did though? The ps5 release with comparable specs to the mid range pc I built 2 years prior.

Isn't that exactly what they did though? The ps5 release with comparable specs to the mid range pc I built 2 years prior.
I...don't get this? Did Sony release your mid-range PC and sold it as a console and had its 1st party studios developing their games with that piece of hardware in mind?

yeah its a total dud, and will only be a bigger clusterfuck for the devs further into the gen.
imagine ms first party having to support it in next-cross-gen years, all the way to 2030s. geez.

Yeah.....it's either that or they totally cut off support for Series S in 2026, when their rumored next console comes out. Which would piss many off imo.
And even if they did totally dump support of Series S, they still have the issue of PS5/PS5 Pro having the most market share, so devs would still cater to it.

MAX PAYMENT

I...don't get this? Did Sony release your mid-range PC and sold it as a console and had its 1st party studios developing their games with that piece of hardware in mind?
He's calling out reduced spec consoles. I'm just saying there was a time when consoles released pretty favorably when compared to mid range pcs. The latest consoles did not. That seems pretty reduced spec to me.

Top Bottom