• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did the podcast leave a positive or negative impact on you?

Did the podcast leave a positive or negative impact on you

• Positive.

Votes: 63 17.4%
  • Negative.

Votes: 92 25.3%
  • No effect. Same shit.

Votes: 208 57.3%

• Total voters

//DEVIL//

I gotta admit. It was a good podcast for me ( at least it wasn't the disaster we were expecting in terms of doom and gloom and xbox 3rd party confirmed )
- They made it pretty clear the number of games and not opening s flood of games ( even though I m sure in time more games might apply, but would probably be the same formula . Old games or not very popular games in terms of sales. )
- The games are coming are not really super AAA games or way too old to even care.
- assurance of all games coming day one to Xbox game pass unlike the rumors suggested day one games will no longer be included
- assurance of a very powerful hardware in the works.

I like what was said

As someone who no longer has Xbox because he has high end gaming PC but I enjoy MS games,I found it a very good podcast

It doesn't make me ( if I ever had an Xbox library, to stop investing in the library). If anything, the play anywhere program between Xbox and PC and maybe soon a handheld is friggin amazing.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Is this a joke?
It would only leave a positive impact on gullible fools

edit: To me it was a clear corporate marketing bs. Thick, cold, soulless corporation. I know, I work in that kind of corporation. This felt like a job interview lol

Last edited:

Skelterz

It was tone deaf, They make allusions to industry stagnation and wanting to grow the industry etc but I feel what’s actually happening here is there not as successful as they wish they were right now and they’ve spent a lot of money.

Let’s be honest they talk about the old model of buying games like it’s worn out but look at Nintendo and Sony they’re not suffering are they.

Maybe if they invested the type of money they used to buy game development studios on there own first party titles they wouldn’t be in this weird space where there calling exclusives bad for the industry.

And I’m 100% convinced once the money starts rolling in for those 4 games they will release bigger IP to other platforms Like Halo, Gears Etc.

Last edited:

Bond007

It was tone deaf, They make allusions it industry stagnation and wanting to grow the industry etc but I feel what’s actually happening here is there not as successful as they wish they were right now and they’ve spent a lot of money.

Let’s be honest they talk about the old model of buying games like it’s worn out but look at Nintendo and Sony they’re not suffering are they.

Fucking Bingo

Sephimoth

Negative because they took 23 mins to say what could have been a tweet over a week ago to stop the madness
Also, why was it interview format? They obviously made the questions for her to read out.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I would argue to respect others opinions even if you don't agree with them.

As I mentioned, to me it was honestly a very good podcast in terms of assurance and sharing visions. At least way more than what other companies share with their customers anyway.
There is no respect. Microsoft is bad for the whole industry.
Respect is earned and microsoft didn't earn shit.

As for people loving xbox ad microsoft? At some point you gotta accept that you could be playing games on many different systems and not be made a fool.
People can love to eat shit but I can say that they indeed eat shit.

(lol sorry this came out more rude than I wanted :p )

Urban

- They made it pretty clear the number of games and not opening s flood of games
Who`s going to tell him

Ha Ha Ha Lol GIF

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I’m still thrilled my game pass will still give me day 1 releases. I just have to wonder for how long.

I think at the minimum they won't be changing that policy for the duration of this generation. If any major changes will be made, it'll be at a new cut-off like a new generation.

//DEVIL//

There is no respect. Microsoft is bad for the whole industry.
Respect is earned and microsoft didn't earn shit.

As for people loving xbox ad microsoft? At some point you gotta accept that you could be playing games on many different systems and not be made a fool.
People can love to eat shit but I can say that they indeed eat shit.

(lol sorry this came out more rude than I wanted :p )
Respect your peers here. Wasn't talking about you respecting a company lol.

CLW

They are delaying the inevitable as a 3rd party publisher.

Phil went full on cuk mode today unsurprisingly caving to the backlash of shills he is paying for.

No one is going to buy these 4 small old games xbox will continue its dive into irrelevant 4th place and eventually MS fired Phil and sells off its asserts or just goes 3rd party

Mr Hyde

I thought it was a really weak attempt at addressing the rumors. They couldn't even say what games they were porting. All three basically said the same thing over and over, empty PR-speech and fluff as to not rile up the fanbase as to what will come, and to not make them abandon ship to early. It was clear they walked on egg shells, they were nervous to speak their minds and none of them seemed in tune with each other. They could have squashed it a week ago by putting their foot down and be clear and concise about what's going on. Instead they chose a weird middle road where we got more questions than answers.

nani17

are in a big trouble
It was one of the most dumbest pr decisions I've seen them make in awhile.

You basically said hey games will be on Game Pass day one which was a rumor that they were changing. So we have one confirmation the second confirmation was you are going to continue to make consoles however you completely dodged the question about Starfield and Indiana Jones. You also could have just made it a post.

Nydius

Neither. It was exactly what I expected. A whole lot of PR word salad, announcing they were moving some games multiplatform and covering their asses about doing more in the future.

It cracks me up seeing people acting like it’s nothing. Xbox porting games to rival platforms after years of talking up exclusivity is not “nothing”. It is, as many pointed out this last week, the beginning of the timed exclusive, third party slippery slope.

Spencer practically said as much as he squirmed in his chair and spun a web about not wanting to make any commitments either way and how he sees exclusives being less of a big deal in a few years.

If he had said that in 2022, or even early 2023, Xbox fans would have lost their shit. Now they’re acting like it’s all part of the plan. 🙄

Skelterz

I would argue to respect others opinions even if you don't agree with them.

As I mentioned, to me it was honestly a very good podcast in terms of assurance and sharing visions. At least way more than what other companies share with their customers anyway.

No he’s right if you think this was a positive podcast your gullible, Once the money starts rolling in from those 4 games you watch them port more and more.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Is this a joke?
It would only leave a positive impact on gullible fools
Confirmed new hardware coming even this holiday?

ABK games coming to gamepass?

Pretty interested in their future

Remember when everyone thought the trillion dollar company was going the Sega route and it’d be announced on the podcast? Fun times. It was an hour ago.
Some of those people down bad

Interview Crying GIF

Last edited:
What Phil said about no exclusives/hardware agnosticism in 5 to 10 years resonated with me because I like to buy all platforms, so while I was happy that Xbox are doubling down on what they're doing now, I'm still waiting for a future without walled gardens.

LordCBH

It was one of the most dumbest pr decisions I've seen them make in awhile.

You basically said hey games will be on Game Pass day one which was a rumor that they were changing. So we have one confirmation the second confirmation was you are going to continue to make consoles however you completely dodged the question about Starfield and Indiana Jones. You also could have just made it a post.

The PR equivalent of “this meeting could have been an email”

Mowcno

It basically was exactly what I expected it would be and hasn't changed any of my thoughts at all. It's just confirmed them.

Last edited:
Meh. It's been so many times where a company leader talks to their community and assures them nothing is what it seems, only for that very thing to happen down the line.

Too much vague wording in the answers and a very reserved demeanor from all 3 of them, especially Sarah Bond who just sounds so much like a walking advertisement that she must have been extremely PR trained.

I at least like that the interviewer asked hard hitting questions that the fans were bringing up.

I'm about at 50% certainty that Xbox Series X is going to be my last Xbox Console.

Right now I still see the immediate future as Sony, Steam Deck series, and Nintendo as being the new big 3, and the far future(as in 30+ years from now) as two giants left standing, Steam Deck series and Nintendo. I'm not sure what is going to make Sony buckle in the future, but it might eventually happen.

Skelterz

I gotta admit. It was a good podcast for me
- They made it pretty clear the number of games and not opening s flood of games ( even though I m sure in time more games might apply, but would probably be the same formula . Old gsmes or not very popular games in terms of sales. )
- The games are coming are not really super AAA games or way too old to even care.
- assurance of all games coming day one to Xbox gamepass unlike the rumors suggested day one games will no longer be included
- assurance of a very powerful hardware in the works.

I like what was said

As someone who no longer has Xbox because he has high end gaming PC but I enjoy MS games,I found it a very good podcast

It doesn't make me ( if I ever had an Xbox library, to stop investing in the library). If anything, the play anywhere program between Xbox and PC and maybe soon a handheld is friggin amazing.
Ttr6UIi.jpg

Top Bottom