• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jez Corden: Xbox is working on a Xbox handheld, multiple prototypes in the works

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I honestly dont know what they can offer at this point. A series s equivalent?

If it sits between series s and series x, would devs even bother creating three versions of the game?

I just hope they improve the rt features of this thing because series s removes RT in way too many games. Dragons Dogma 2 being the latest victim. if its using the latest rdna4 cores then 4 tflops might be able to do rt.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
"According to Jez Corden"

Kiss of death
oh-shit-son-oh-shit.gif

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I don’t see anything prying me away from Steam Deck other than Steam Deck 2 or maybe the rumored Nvidia handheld. Good thing about this is Phil maybe following through on making Windows more streamlined on a handheld.

intbal

If it's like all of Microsoft's other consoles, it will be part of the Xbox ecosystem and it will run games in a virtual machine.
Assuming they tune it to have equivalent power to a Series S, then it will launch with a large library that already exists and no games will have to be made specifically for it. It will just run the same code as Series S games.
There's potential in the idea. But modern Microsoft is all about chasing share price rather than pleasing paying customers. I have very little confidence in their future gaming endeavors.

Id take a handheld over a pro console for sure.

and make sense, a handheld to increase gamepass
Not me, I don't have time when I'm out to play video games. I get it for people who take the bus or a train but when I'm out I'm driving or taking care of business and then I'm back home. Last thing I want to do is lug another expensive piece of tech around just to play it for 20 minutes on my lunch break.

Kacho

They won't: this would run PC games or the Series S version of games
So it’s an Xbox or a PC handheld? If it’s a PC handheld your Xbox games won’t go with you. So the majority of their consumers would likely be starting from scratch.

MarkMe2525

So their competitor is now the Steam Deck???

LOL
Steam Store is their competitor, in a sense. Of course, they still work together as it is mutually beneficial.
You are insightful, but I don't buy this.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Top Bottom