• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeff Grubb: "Ubisoft definitely already did the rounds proposing acquisitions "

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
bored christopher walken GIF

feynoob

If Sega were a western studio they’d stand a chance. Ubisoft would be easier for MS to acquire, but Ubisoft may have to wait a year or three.
Sega is easy acquisition as MS has no presence in Japan.

Ubisoft is difficult if MS Activision deal is finalized. MS can't buy the other big 3.

Buggy Loop

How the mighty has fallen. Imagine 10 years ago, there would have been a bid war for them if they knew that the French guy would sell. Imagine being laughed at for proposing to be bought, that must be tough on morale.

AmuroChan

While the newer entries have helped the series from getting stalemate, it begins to suffer from the copy paste of previous franchises.

Ubisoft games are big empty worlds with a shit load generic grinding content.

The quality of these games really doesn't matter when it comes to acquisition talk. The only thing the lawyers are going to point at are the sales numbers. Remember, the people negotiating these deals aren't gamers. The only thing they care about is the earning potential of the IPs.

Jaybe

Lol this POS wouldn’t have access to Ubisoft’s CEO’s itinerary with other CEOs and any such talk is strictly confidential being a public company with its knowledge potentially impacting stock price. Clown didn’t know about Bethesda. Didn’t know about Activision. That level of discussion stays top-to-top.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I mean Grubb knows things sometimes and has devs tell him things.

That's worlds away from knowing something about Ubisoft shopping them around to multiple companies and what their reactions might have been.

:doubt:

Beyond that he's just repeating what everyone knows about Ubisoft. Their revenue per employee has got to be the worst in the industry.

Last edited:

nemiroff

Gold Member
they don't have any IP worth owning...

That's preposterously one-dimensional. "Worth" for a business to buy another business clearly depends on investment and return. I'm sure someone would be able to squeeze some money out of one or more of these IPs for the right price.

Anno (video game series)
Assassin's Creed
Brothers in Arms (video game series)
Call of Juarez
Chessmaster
Combat of Giants
The Crew (video game)
Deep Insanity
DrawRace
Driver (series)
Far Cry
Grow Home
Gunslinger Stratos
Heroes of Might and Magic
Hungry Shark
List of Imagine video games
Imperialism (video game)
Just Dance (video game series)
Just Dance Kids (2010 video game)
Just Dance: Disney Party
Might and Magic
Might and Magic Mobile
Monopoly in video games
Monster Trucks Nitro
My Coach
NFL Fever
Panzer General
Petz
Prince of Persia
Rabbids
Rayman
Red Steel
The Settlers
Silent Hunter (video game)
List of South Park video games
List of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles video games
Tom Clancy's
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
Tom Clancy's The Division
TrackMania
Trials (series)
List of Uno video games
Warlords (video game series)
Watch Dogs

Last edited:

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Good to see nonsense hyperbole getting called out.

"Not worth owning"

Also:

"Ubisoft announced the open-world action RPG, Assassin's Creed Valhalla, has surpassed 20 million players worldwide.

"Over 20 million Vikings have embarked on their epic journey to Valhalla. Standing strong by Eivor's side. From Norway to England. To Mythical Realms of the Gods," reads a tweet from Ubisoft.

"Thank you for taking this journey with us. SKAL!"

The launch day for the game saw twice as many players as Assassin's Creed Odyssey did. The game also earned over $1 billion in revenue in December 2021"

Last edited:
Top Bottom