• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I just bought myself a $30 Turkish meal - Thanksgiving Redux Thread for Solo Eaters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laekon

fturuLr.jpg

This is mine.
That is depressing. A shit load of bread with a little cheese.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Decided to smoke turkey legs this year instead of having a whole bird. Turned out great. So tender and spicy from the rub.

http://i.imgur.com/ryv0lsPl.jp/IMG

Oh, sorry nevermind... I didn't realize this was the eat alone table. Carry-on, losers ;)

One Thanksgiving when I stayed behind at college, I broke into the fraternity house kitchen. All that was left were saltine crackers and American cheese slices. I ate a feast of that, then some friends randomly showed up, road-tripped me to some crazy redneck bar where I got way too drunk, then I vomited that meal all over the side of the car on the drive home.

webkatt

This made me sad.

And I went to Coco's and had fish for my Thanksgiving meal. It was mostly due to the fact that I now live alone and I generally hate Thanksgiving food because it is really unhealthy.
I am having plenty of beer though!

painey

I went to 3 fucking chinese places today, all closed. I settled for KFC and that was closed too! Had to eat Mc Fucking Donalds for Thanksgiving... Movies and TV lied to me :(

Trouble

Banned
Damn I should have taken some pictures. Traveled cross-country to see the fam on today for the first time in a few years. Had turkey, gravy, homemade cranberry sauce, sausage stuffing, mashed potatoes, baked sweet potatoes, broccoli, salad and rolls. Oh and apple pie, brownies and ice cream for desert. It was all fantastic. Gonna be rocking left overs all weekend, and the fresh shrimp we bought the day of catch yesterday.

Octavia

Unconfirmed Member
I had some storebought vegan meatballs in Prego sauce, half a box of stuffing (which the factory screwed up as it wasn't seasoned. It was just bread with some vegetables in it), some instant mashed potatoes, and yeast rolls.

Was good, cheap, only took 15 minutes to make, and for once I didn't have a bunch of gross leftovers.

Bought turkey breast and fat-free gravy.

Had a lil' bit of turkey and some gravy on top with a few slices of 35 cal toast.

Froze the rest of the turkey breast and I'll have healthy sandwiches for a fortnight. Thanksgiving was okay, I suppose :)

Minus_Me

Eating stuffing sandwiches for lunch because fuck health.

Best AND WORST need to happen!

Considering Gafs attitude to price/weight ratio for food the easiest way to lose such a contest would be by buying a tin of good caviar. You're looking at 140$ US for about 50 grams or barely two servings of decent stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom