• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I just bought myself a $30 BBQ meal

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
My phone's camera is not very good, but here's what I got today after thinking about this thread.

20160611_130322_zpsx4wxjwpa.jpg~original

Bad angle, there's more brisket than it looks like. 1 lb. brisket, .5 lb. each of pork and kielbasa, and I really had a craving for fries too. Being out in a suburb in Pennsylvania, stuff is a lot more expensive than Texas I guess. Came out to about $27.

Hazmat

My phone's camera is not very good, but here's what I got today after thinking about this thread.

Bad angle, there's more brisket than it looks like. 1 lb. brisket, .5 lb. each of pork and kielbasa, and I really had a craving for fries too. Being out in a suburb in Pennsylvania, stuff is a lot more expensive than Texas I guess. Came out to about $27.

Good BBQ in TX is expensive, what the OP got was a lot for the price. A pound of brisket from a good to great place runs $17-20.

Anyway, congrats on the BBQ!

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Good BBQ in TX is expensive, what the OP got was a lot for the price. A pound of brisket from a good to great place runs $17-20.

Anyway, congrats on the BBQ!

Best part is that this was far too much for me to reasonably eat by myself, so now I've got supplements to at least 2-3 more meals over the next couple days. :p

IMO if there's one type of food worth splurging on it's BBQ. I'd rather pay 30 bucks for what OP got than the same for a steak dinner. Also yeah, the best BBQ places in my experience always serve sauce on the side. If you get something and it's immediately drenched it's probably not that great.

vivftp

Been thinking of getting BBQ on Monday to enjoy during Sony's E3 conference. Big Bone BBQ up here has a Monday special of a full rack of ribs, a pound of wings and a bigass container of fries for $25.

OTOH, they also have beef ribs on Wednesdays - 7 bones for $30. Gotta order them the day before tho, but I have always wanted to try their beef ribs. Don't think I want that much BBQ in a 2 day span... Dunno what to get!

KingWool

Banned

Welcome to the club. Looks good!

I've been on a BBQ kick lately. Grabbed another slab of ribs again for lunch,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom