• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I just bought myself a $30 BBQ meal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rival

Gold Member
Ribs are good, but I don't like eating them a ton. We have them about once a week or so.
You realize eating ribs once a week or so means you eat them a ton right? I can say ribs are good, but I don't like eating them a ton. But this is because I eat them once or twice a year. Lol

KingWool

Banned
Mmmm... dinner.... Memphis Elvis Platter....
7588224970_70400ac7c0_b.jpg

damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn you win sir

Khaliss

Banned
I got myself a whole rack of spare wet ribs and a pound of brisket and am washing it down with the sweet satisfaction that you all aren't here eating BBQ foooooooood.

Post your dinner, cause it's not better than mine.

image.jpg

Joke aside. I'm at Martins BBQ. This is friggen delicious!

Ribs are $18.50 and the brisket was $13.00

Gloriius. MEAT!

vivftp

Afraid I don't have a pic I took myself, but 2 days ago I went to Pig Out BBQ here in the GTA and got their Jr. Pig Out Platter for $30.95. 1 pound of ribs, 1 pound of wings, beef brisket (dunno the weight, but must be at least a pound by my estimates), 2 sides, slaw and pickles. This is the best pic I could find of it online:

pig_out.jpg

I've ordered this thing about 6 times in total and have yet to be able to finish it all in one sitting.

One day I want to order their Pig Out Platter just so I can have food for 2 days. It consists of 2 pounds of ribs, smoked sausage, pulled pork, 1 pound of wings, beef brisket and 3 sides.

vivftp

Shit! I found another BBQ place in my neck of the woods, and it seems pretty legit from the reviews and pictures of their food! Horn Dawgs...

http://www.horndawgsbbq.com/

It looks like they're pretty generous with the sauce, which is always a good thing IMO

image.jpg

o_1.jpg

Thinking of picking up a half rack of ribs, a pound of pulled pork and a pound of brisket. Should tide me over just fine for tomorrow and likely into the following day :)

vivftp

Damnit, I gave in :(

Bought half a rack of ribs, 1 pound of brisket and 1 pound of pulled pork

DSC09855.jpg

DSC09856.jpg

DSC09857.jpg

Cost $46.00 CDN, but it'll feed me for a couple of days. The brisket was a bit fatty, but still plenty of meat in there. Ribs were fall off the bone and so good! The pulled pork was also perfect.

Experiencing mucho itis right now...

Yo, I straight up don't like ribs, whose with me? Just too messy and too much work for not a whole lot of meat, plus I always find there is a thin line between under- and over-cooked that most places just can't quite get, so I never bother.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
BBQ places have been popping up more frequently in my area over the past few years, but they're pretty expensive compared to the prices being listed here. For example, a full rack of ribs is $20.45 at one ($26 with 2 sides and 2 breads) and $20 at the other ($29.95 with 3 sides and 2 breads). Pound of brisket is $14.40 at one and $14.95 at the other. Might be nice if there was more competition to drive down prices, but I suppose that just might end up killing one and the prices would just go back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom