• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I just bought myself a €10.60 Chinesen meal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sölf

I got myself some Fried Rice, Baked Chicken, a whole damn bucket of sweet sour sauce and I'm washing it down with the sweet satisfaction that everyone can suck my dick because I'm eating Chinese FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOd

Post your dinner, cause it's not better than mine.

MPLAVIY.jpg

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Deja vu.

As someone who gets different types of Asian food either from restaurants or take-out, with some pretty decent places around here actually, I can say you could do much better for your buck.

That is also literally the smallest carton of sweet and sour sauce I have ever seen.

snacknuts

we all knew her
Quick parallelism check for the lazy:

Original:
I got myself some Manicotti, a quart of Ministrone, a whole damn loaf of bread and I'm washing it down with the sweet satisfaction that everyone can suck my dick because I'm eating Italian FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOd

NwqsK.jpg

OP:
Sölf;194898897 said:
I got myself some Fried Rice, Baked Chicken, a whole damn bucket of sweet sour sauce and I'm washing it down with the sweet satisfaction that everyone can suck my dick because I'm eating Chinese FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOd

MPLAVIY.jpg

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Other than the camera quality, that looks pretty decent. Not bad OP. Not great, but not terrible. It actually does seem much better than the $30 Italian meal this thread is so blatantly parodying.

andycapps

That's pretty good. Not exactly cheap considering what looks to be the quality, but doesn't look bad. That would be about $7-8 here.

Though I'm not sure what chinesen is.

Looks decent. In the UK the chicken usually comes in fried, battered chunks.

I also don't think the sweet and sour sauce portion looks small.

oti

Banned
That looks like a lot of Reis.
If it was less Reis, I'd say it wasn't worth 10€.
But the Reis is genug Reis for 10€.

Jawohl. Ja. Gut gut.

Dusk Golem

Seriously? It looks big enough to drown the entire chicken in it.

It looks like you could stuff maybe 10-12 peas inside of it.

But then I haven't tried Asian food while I've visited Europe, and America usually likes bigger things, so I may just have my expectations melded as that's like, a third of the size of what I'm used to. I may also be spoiled, I've traveled all the US and out of places I've tried Asian food in, I'd say where I live is the third best I've personally had.

Johnny M

Sölf;194898897 said:

That would cost something like 5€ or 6€ here

Seriously? It looks big enough to drown the entire chicken in it.

Wait, is the giant cup of soup looking thing Sweet and Sour sauce, or the dinky little cup of red stuff next to it?

I thought the little red cup was the sauce, and the cup was some kind of soup. I've never seen Sweet and Sour with stuff floating in it.

Sölf

Chinesen. Whoops. That was not intended. xD

As for the food itself, that actually comes from my favorite restaurant around here. And the size of the meal is actually pretty big, at least in Germany. I haven't found another restaurant yet which offered this much for that price. Maybe it's different in other countries. As for the size of the sauce, it's big. Really big. I actually don't eat that much sauce, so it's way way WAY too much for me. I just dip the chicken in it and after I am done there is probably like 1/5 missing, if it's even that much.

Mendrox

That looks like a lot of Reis.
If it was less Reis, I'd say it wasn't worth 10€.
But the Reis is genug Reis for 10€.

Jawohl. Ja. Gut gut.

Can get the same here in Hamburg for 6,50 Euro.

Still looks good OP. Take out in Germany gets expensive as heck... I could eat for two whole days for this amount of money (including drinks). Ever ordered a pizza at smileys.de? their prices went up 3-4 Euros per pizza. Pizza rolls 2,50 Euros. Just an example. For 10 Euros (I tried myself) I was able to make more than 30 filled (with chicken) pizza rolls which were delicious.

It looks like you could stuff maybe 10-12 peas inside of it.

But then I haven't tried Asian food while I've visited Europe, and America usually likes bigger things, so I may just have my expectations melded as that's like, a third of the size of what I'm used to. I may also be spoiled, I've traveled all the US and out of places I've tried Asian food in, I'd say where I live is the third best I've personally had.

Lol the pot holds about 250-300 ml... you want to tell me that you get about 1 liter of sauce in America? No surprise so many people are overweight over there.

Zombine

Banned
For $9 I get a way more satisfying general tso meal and it comes with a pretty legit egg roll. You got played OP.

Dusk Golem

Wait, is the giant cup of soup looking thing Sweet and Sour sauce, or the dinky little cup of red stuff next to it?

I thought the little red cup was the sauce, and the cup was some kind of soup. I've never seen Sweet and Sour with stuff floating in it.

The giant cup is the sauce

I think the giant cup is supposed to be a cury, which you can use as sauce, but that little cup is definitely sweet and sour sauce.

To be honest, I have no idea what that giant cup is. It looks soupy, but I don't know. It's a bit too dark red for Sweet and Sour sauce. Maybe some Sweet and Sour Soup?

I think the giant cup is supposed to be a cury, which you can use as sauce, but that little cup is definitely sweet and sour sauce.

To be honest, I have no idea what that giant cup is. It looks soupy, but I don't know.

No, trust me, the giant cup is the sweet and sour sauce.

Pretty standard here in Europe.

Sölf

To be honest, I have no idea what that giant cup is. It looks soupy, but I don't know. It's a bit too dark red for Sweet and Sour sauce. Maybe some Sweet and Sour Soup?

Nope, the giant cup is the sauce. The small thing is Sambal ulek.

Mendrox

The giant pot is the sweet and sour soup... the little red one is the curry one of course. What.

Edit: Sweet and Sour Soup contains vegetables guys.

Dusk Golem

No, trust me, the giant cup is the sweet and sour sauce.

Pretty standard here in Europe.

Sölf;194900232 said:
Nope, the giant cup is the sauce. The smal, thing is Sambal ulek.

Interesting, out of all the times I've eaten Asian food in America, I can tell you the sauce usually comes in canisters like the side there, but... much bigger.

While I've not seen it served in a cup like that, usually a bigger cup like that would be a cury. I have not seen anyplace around here that would serve sauce in a big carton like that, nor have I seen such soupy Sweet and Sour sauce before.

oti

Banned
Can get the same here in Hamburg for 6,50 Euro.

Still looks good OP. Take out in Germany gets expensive as heck... I could eat for two whole days for this amount of money (including drinks). Ever ordered a pizza at smileys.de? their prices went up 3-4 Euros per pizza. Pizza rolls 2,50 Euros. Just an example. For 10 Euros (I tried myself) I was able to make more than 30 filled (with chicken) pizza rolls which were delicious.

WHY WOULD YOU ORDER FROM SMILEYS
WHY DO YOU HATE YOURSELF

Mendrox

WHY WOULD YOU ORDER FROM SMILEYS
WHY DO YOU HATE YOURSELF

I don't anymore since a few years, but their pizza rolls were really good. Also our little Smileys here in Hamburg Harburg makes a profit of over 3 Millionen Euros a year and it is really small lol. So many people still order there... I changed to Ready Pizza :) I've worked at Hello Pizza and I never want to order a pizza there.. :D

Interesting, out of all the times I've eaten Asian food in America, I can tell you the sauce usually comes in canisters like the side there, but... much bigger.

While I've not seen it served in a cup like that, usually a bigger cup like that would be a cury. I have not seen anyplace around here that would serve sauce in a big carton like that, nor have I seen such soupy Sweet and Sour sauce before.

It's quite syrup-like and very sweet, some places it's pretty thick, so you couldn't eat it as a soup but yeah they always give you too much.

oti

Banned
I don't anymore since a few years, but their pizza rolls were really good. Also our little Smileys here in Hamburg Harburg makes a profit of over 3 Millionen Euros a year and it is really small lol. So many people still order there... I changed to Ready Pizza :) I've worked at Hello Pizza and I never want to order a pizza there.. :D

Are they selling drugs?
#
followthemoney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom