• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I just bought myself a $30 BBQ meal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaladin

How about $18 worth of oysters (2 dozen) and $14 worth of peel and eat shrimp (1 pound).

13256387_10101691659562933_6855947062472529545_n.jpg

That's right, I brought seafood to a BBQ fight.

Damn I wish I was having that again tonight.

Kaladin

All these pics with sauce everywhere. BBQ done right doesn't need BBQ sauce

Nope, that's steak. A good steak doesn't need sauce and shouldn't get sauce. BBQ? Sure, most BBQ doesn't need sauce, it's just better with it. It cuts through the fat of the meat and adds flavor.

BBQ is all about the sauce.

Lebron

Eh I disagree. Prepared and smoked (or however you cook it) correctly, the barbecue meat doesn't need any sauce. Depending how it you prepped and the manner it was cooked, the flavor should all be there. Badly prepared meat does need sauce though.

With that said, in some cases, sauces can enhance the meat. I'll concede on that. Should have worded it better. But BBQ is not all about the sauce. That I'll argue till Dreamcast 2 is announced.

Eurghhhh this thread makes me want to slow cook some chicken or pork this weekend and shred the shit out of them. Maybe both if they can be cooked in a crockpot at the same time. Anyone ever try something like that? I'd do ribs but they're too expensive at the moment.

Looks awesome OP and probably well worth the price.

I had some pretty mediocre Trader Joe's $2 indian meal tonight. For the price it's not bad for frozen indian food.

I spent $1,300.00 on a Big Green Egg (with table / accessories). Ribs are time consuming, but they're a crowd pleaser. Here's tonight's meal. Served with baby lima beans and long grain and wild rice. Option of Carolina mustard sauce and maple whiskey sauce. Saving the mustard for lunch tomorrow. Highly recommend getting a good smoker / bbq.

x0aeeSxl.jpg

fuuuuuuck meeeeee

I've been good about cooking myself due to budget lately. But damn if this isn't tempting. Doesn't help I'm in goddamn Dallas with great BBQ all around me.

reKon

Banned
fuck this thread. I'm so hungry and I'm at work still (9:27 PM here). Everything that's really good is gonna be closed =/

Oh my god, dude. Send me some of that.

This thread's making me crazy hungry. Maybe I'll go to Sonny's tomorrow.

Ah, remember going there quite often in college. That Big Deal Pulled Pork was pretty good. Of course the big ass drink was nice. Marginal for a chain and a solid price. And if I'm really feeling like a fat fuck, the all you can eat was on-point.

I know for awhile they had some smoked wings with "Alabama" sauce which were pretty good too.

Qasiel

I need to stop coming into this thread at 4am on a night shift. It's making me damn hungry and there's nothing I can do about it. Not that it's been good BBQ weather in the UK recently, either!

vivftp

I dunno if I did a good thing or not. I still had half of the BBQ I posted earlier from yesterday, but didn't really get a chance to eat it today as leftovers. So tomorrow I shall dine upon 2 day old BBQ... I wonder how different it will taste.

On a related note, how would you re-heat 2 day old BBQ? Microwave or oven? :)

KingWool

Banned
I dunno if I did a good thing or not. I still had half of the BBQ I posted earlier from yesterday, but didn't really get a chance to eat it today as leftovers. So tomorrow I shall dine upon 2 day old BBQ... I wonder how different it will taste.

Oven. Never microwave.

D-Pad

You shred it up and put it between two buns (pickles optional)

Ya, figured... just takes so much longer :(

Naaah, never been a huge fan of BBQ meat between buns. I prefer to have the meat itself if it's any good.

I'll probably enjoy it with some fries, potato salad and macaroni salad.

Yaaassss! Although fuck the potato and macaroni salad. Regular mac and cheese is good, though. And of course fries. Maybe some okra or green beans too. And maybe baked beans.

Lenz44

Banned
Nope, that's steak. A good steak doesn't need sauce and shouldn't get sauce. BBQ? Sure, most BBQ doesn't need sauce, it's just better with it. It cuts through the fat of the meat and adds flavor.

I have a theory, places that drown their BBQ tend to be lesser quality so they are covering it up. Really good places put sauce on there, but in a way to highlight the meat and not drown it. That's just my theory though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom