• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite Official Multiplayer Reveal

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
sprint, clamber and glide are great movement options as is grappling hook
Because.

it.

breaks.

Halos.

Gameplay.

Sprint - Can't shoot, elongates maps for a net positive of zero, is a press 'X' to escape mechanic.
Slide - breaks movement, gives small hitbox advantage without speed penalty. Makes crouch unbalanced.
Clamber - can't shoot. Can't move vertaically without having to look in a specific direction instead of being able to jump in any direction while shooting
Grapple for movement. Can't shoot. is just another press 'X' to escape mechanic. Breaks map design and flow.

It.

Breaks.

Halos.

Gameplay.

Still no evidence provided that Halo needs that garbage that straight up breaks it's gameplay.

Last edited:

jigglet

Banned
The only problem with Free to Play is...has MS rolled out a large scale competitive FPS in a while? Cause they're going to need their anti-cheat to be rock solid day 1. The number of cheaters will be astronomical if it's F2P and cross-play with PC.

Robb

Gold Member
Looks like it could be fun, I'll definitely try it at least.

Feels like people are going to be able to do some crazy stunts with the hook-shot-thingy.

Last edited:
Looks like it could be fun, I'll definitely try it at least.

Feels like people are going to be able to do some crazy stunts with the hook-shot-thingy.
Remember the grapple hook is not a base feature in MP it's a pick up, so people thinking it will be overpowered it won't.

Because.

it.

breaks.

Halos.

Gameplay.

Sprint - Can't shoot, elongates maps for a net positive of zero, is a press 'X' to escape mechanic.
Slide - breaks movement, gives small hitbox advantage without speed penalty. Makes crouch unbalanced.
Clamber - can't shoot. Can't move vertaically without having to look in a specific direction instead of being able to jump in any direction while shooting
Grapple for movement. Can't shoot. is just another press 'X' to escape mechanic. Breaks map design and flow.

It.

Breaks.

Halos.

Gameplay.

Still no evidence provided that Halo needs that garbage that straight up breaks it's gameplay.
Ok so you feel it breaks halos gameplay. I don’t. There’s no “evidence” I don’t even know how that would be presented, it’s a subjective matter of opinion.
These features are in most modern shooters - why hasn’t it broken their gameplay? Because that seems like the argument, that it would break any games gameplay - these movement options. Making it too unbalanced or otherwise - which is confusing to me considering every other player has the exact same options you have here.
By this logic wouldn’t you be better off just playing the older games? Like do you just want halo 2 or 3 with better graphics and more maps? What’s the point of that?

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Ok so you feel it breaks halos gameplay. I don’t. There’s no “evidence” I don’t even know how that would be presented, it’s a subjective matter of opinion.
Except for the entirely dead and irrelevant multiplayer a month or 2 post launch.

By this logic wouldn’t you be better off just playing the older games? Like do you just want halo 2 or 3 with better graphics and more maps? What’s the point of that?
By your logic, shouldn't you just fuck off to games that aren't Halo if you apparently need sprint to play them?

Not even going to bother with your other arguments. They've all been entirely destroyed countless times over the last 10 years.

Last edited:
Because.

it.

breaks.

Halos.

Gameplay.

It.

Breaks.

Halos.

Gameplay.

I definitely agree with you on sprint and clamber, but I think the grapple is quite fitting as an equipment. I think more on map pick ups and should be brought in that do things like this, I think it’s a natural evolution to the original sandbox the way it’s being implemented. But I did love Halo 3 equipment and never understood the hatred for it

Shubh_C63

I am glad people are liking this. My first reaction was, gameplay seems to be there but there is no aesthetic whatsoever.

I mean even Destiny PvP isn't great but the flashy triggers are there to not get it stale.
COD has that twitchy gunplay or whatever people keep liking about it.
BF2042 has battlefield in it.
Overwatch has classes and charms
Halo MP showcase felt like any other MP named halo. I guess name is enough then.

Sybrix

The issue i had with Halo 5 was that the MP felt like it was in an arena, all the textures and surroundings felt fake and as if it was built by hand, previously Halo games you actually feel your in a real world.

This unfortunately looks the same, i hope its different when playing but to me its looking too close to Halo 5 and thats a very bad thing

ZywyPL

Banned
So it's not only coming to GP but it's actually F2P, this thing has a chance to be really massive. Hopefully it'll have proper playlists this time around, because I don't see a single reason of mixing various game modes into one, give me separate Domination, separate CTF, separate TDM, and so on. And fix the respawn system as well, Halo 5 was terrible in that regard, most of the time instead of respawning next to your teammates you respawned alone either far away from the action or somewhere around entire enemy team, so playing Domi was the only workaround to have any reasonable spawn points, but then you were thrown into other modes you don't even like at all...

gamer82

Where’s Craig, is he alright ?
We must know .

e3 and they can’t show of a campaign of a delayed game lol

this is your baby Xbox stand by your product .

release the Craig !

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Hope they show off some real gameplay soon. None of this staged stuff.
The gameplay overview stream/video is up in a few hours. I don't know if it'll have straight gameplay, but certainly explanations. You should also check out the waypoint article which details a lot of what's coming at launch.

NahaNago

I'm not really sure if this is impressive or not. I re-watched the 4k gameplay and the replay shots for the kills the detail looks great but during gameplay it looks like a regular halo game to me. Then again I'm not a multiplayer guy so this might be actually be amazing.

Vasto

HkYrFRy.jpg

ACypNr3.jpg

IqxaIVb.jpg

Because.

it.

breaks.

Halos.

Gameplay.

It.

Breaks.

Halos.

Gameplay.

Halo 5 was great, get off it.

Roxkis_ii

Gold Member
This looks so bad to me. It's no environmental effects at all. Stuff blows up and it doesn't even leave a dark spot on the ground. People blow up and the environment doesn't even light up around the explosion. No bullet holes anywhere. It's also really weird that they didn't show any actual game play. Everything looks staged.

I haven't played Halo since 3, and this isn't pulling me back at all.

Loved the trailer. I feel like this might be one of these games that will more likely good to a Halo-player as they are looking for other things than just graphics.
My Halo group is way more interested in some "fresh Halo" than technical progress and graphics. When we talked through the trailer it was mostly about mechanics, weapons, maps and implications for playstyle.

If you look at this from a "I want Next Gen graphics that blow everything out of the water as this is supposed to be a flagship title!" you'll more than likely be disappointed. Halo 4 was the only one that ever looked way ahead of its time in the series. (ok maybe Halo CE)

We can't wait to play the beta to see how it actually feels, especially regarding crossplay. In my opinion the Halo feel has always been more important than the visuals.

My main concern so far: F2P tends to attract cheaters en masse and if this game, much like Fortnite and other big F2P games, has no financial barrier to entry, cheaters will have a field day.
Otherwise it will bring in A LOT of fresh new blood to the franchise, a win-win for me, seeing how the current game is barely playable for newcomers anymore due to the high amount of sweats and hardcore Halo enthusiasts.

This is interesting. Bots will be in Halo Infinite.
After nearly 20 years of Spartan combat and experience to contend with, we know the Halo multiplayer arena can sometimes be a daunting experience. To help address this, a key pillar for Halo Infinite is to be the most approachable and welcoming entry in the series to date. To help ensure all Spartans meet the UNSC's high bar and have the skills necessary to succeed on the battlefield, we're excited to introduce the all-new Academy. Under the mentorship of Spartan Commander Laurette, the Academy offers players the opportunity to hone their skills and get better acclimated with the armaments and environments of Halo Infinite. Recruits will be able to dial-in their marksmanship skills at the target range or jump right into customizable training skirmishes and square off against AI-controlled bots. Training Mode lets you configure specific loadouts, deploy opponent bots of various skill levels, and practice on your own terms. Bots can also be configured in Custom Games to tailor the experience and even in fill-in roster spots for MIA fireteam members.

Halo Infinite Multiplayer Reveal | Halo Infinite | Halo - Official Site (halowaypoint.com)

kuncol02

Banned
Because.

it.

breaks.

Halos.

Gameplay.

It.

Breaks.

Halos.

Gameplay.

We know that. Every new gameplay element destroys sacred Halo gameplay, every art change destroys sacred Halo artstyle, every new thing in story destroys sacred Halo universe.
I said that multiple times already, but biggest enemy of Halo are it's fans who react for every single smallest change like someone just killed their puppy.

svbarnard

Banned
Does anyone know if the Halo infinite multiplayer trailer was on a high-end PC or an Xbox series X? I mean the graphics look pretty good but I only got the base Xbox One so I'm wondering if halo infinite is going to look that good on my Xbox One? I'm assuming not but damn it they didn't say if it was on PC or XSX?

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
We know that. Every new gameplay element destroys sacred Halo gameplay, every art change destroys sacred Halo artstyle, every new thing in story destroys sacred Halo universe.
I said that multiple times already, but biggest enemy of Halo are it's fans who react for every single smallest change like someone just killed their puppy.
Funny how every Halo that has added sprint dies and is entirely irrelevant shortly after launch.

Care to explain why Halo 3 is currently the most popular Halo game? I wonder if it could have something to do with it not having trashy "modern" gameplay mechanics that don't belong
Thinking Think GIF by The official GIPHY Page for Davis Schulz

ZehDon

Halo 5 was great, get off it.
Is that why they’ve spent six years on a “spiritual reboot”? You don’t reboot something that’s “great”. For the majority of the community, Halo 5 is the low point of Halo. You might disagree with that, but 343i certainly don’t.

What's the longest someone can expect to drive a vehicle before being grapple jacked? Over/under on 45 seconds.
I’m guessing it’ll make people riding shotgun more important because they’ll have to defend the driver; seems interesting to me.

I had fun with Halo 5’s multiplayer and MCC so I’m definitely trying this. Here’s hoping the campaign is good too and 343 can finally get both SP and MP right in the same game.

Is that why they’ve spent six years on a “spiritual reboot”? You don’t reboot something that’s “great”. For the majority of the community, Halo 5 is the low point of Halo. You might disagree with that, but 343i certainly don’t.
The story was terrible. But the gameplay was fantastic.

/edit: sorry for reposting this... =\
-----------------------------------------------------------

My main concern still is the whole "enhanced mobility" thing.

Taken apart in 30 seconds in this 2017 video.

Last edited:

ChinMitten

Neo Member
I just want a real arena shooter back.. I’ve been in and out of love with Overwatch. Feel like my only competitive shooter options are that or CS/clones of CS. Miss that magic 4v4, kill, respawn, kill gameplay.

Top Bottom