• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Trailer Halo Infinite Official Multiplayer Reveal

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Dec 1, 2014
ibiza

After many months of anticipation, we finally got a chance to look at Halo Infinite multiplayer in action during the Xbox and Bethesda showcase with extra context from the multiplayer developers not long after. Let's slow everything down and take a look at the 11 things you might have missed in the reveal.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: Alpha Male

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Dec 1, 2014
ibiza

Oh My God Wow GIF

Last edited:

the_master

Aug 27, 2007
Barcelona, Spain, Europe.
Funny how every Halo that has added sprint dies and is entirely irrelevant shortly after launch.

Care to explain why Halo 3 is currently the most popular Halo game? I wonder if it could have something to do with it not having trashy "modern" gameplay mechanics that don't belong
Thinking Think GIF by The official GIPHY Page for Davis Schulz
Halo 3is great. A masterpiece.
Still it had dual wielding and equipment. 2things that where not great.

Halo 3 was not great because the lack of sprint though. It was great because of the levels, the enemies and the overall gameplay was great, not individual mechanics.

I wish we could have a halo 2 and 3 remake with no dual wielding :)

Naked Lunch

Oct 17, 2011
Ok so one thing I heard that im definitely going to need to see/play it first hand is:
from what I understand there are no longer Red vs Blue teams.
This is to preserve everyone's cosmetics - there is now a big blue or red outline around the players. This seems very bad.
Hopefully you can turn this off and set players to red vs blue in the options.
Does anyone know any more on this?

Reactions: Phase

elliot5

Apr 22, 2021
Ok so one thing I heard that im definitely going to need to see/play it first hand is:
from what I understand there are no longer Red vs Blue teams.
This is to preserve everyone's cosmetics - there is now a big blue or red outline around the players. This seems very bad.
Hopefully you can turn this off and set players to red vs blue in the options.
Does anyone know any more on this?
there's no info about turning people red and blue painted. You can customize the outline/shader around enemies though to be other colors besides red and blue.

I welcome this change greatly.

Last edited:

Naked Lunch

Oct 17, 2011
there's no info about turning people red and blue painted. You can customize the outline/shader around enemies though to be other colors besides red and blue.

I welcome this change greatly.
Im not so sure man - I dont want to see these big glowing outlines everywhere. Kinda weak.
I understand why theyre doing it - you never really got to see the way your spartan actually looked outside of Free for All or Firefight - but still.
ill need to play it for myself though to judge.

Reactions: Phase

elliot5

Apr 22, 2021
Im not so sure man - I dont want to see these big glowing outlines everywhere. Kinda weak.
I understand why theyre doing it - you never really got to see the way your spartan actually looked outside of Free for All or Firefight - but still.
ill need to play it for myself though to judge.
Well you can see when an enemy is scoped in on they don't glow much at all, but when enemies are more to the sides (or maybe aiming at you?) they have the outline which looks not too dissimilar from a full red body.

Last edited:

Ozzy Onya A2Z

Apr 16, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
My gut reaction to red vs blue was initially WTF@#@#!.

Since playing Apex Legends I realise it's not really necessary. Compared to things like blue/red advantages on some maps historically I'm all for a little change and keeping your skins visible at all times. I want my digital barbie doll to show off my best side.

The glow effect will enhance the usual Halo clear identification too. As long as we don't go COD level of similarity between friend or foe I'm good.

PensivePangolin

Neo Member
Jun 2, 2021
Because.

it.

breaks.

Halos.

Gameplay.

Sprint - Can't shoot, elongates maps for a net positive of zero, is a press 'X' to escape mechanic.
Slide - breaks movement, gives small hitbox advantage without speed penalty. Makes crouch unbalanced.
Clamber - can't shoot. Can't move vertaically without having to look in a specific direction instead of being able to jump in any direction while shooting
Grapple for movement. Can't shoot. is just another press 'X' to escape mechanic. Breaks map design and flow.

It.

Breaks.

Halos.

Gameplay.

Still no evidence provided that Halo needs that garbage that straight up breaks it's gameplay.
IMO it needed breaking. You need to have ways to escape, otherwise the gameplay is too static, if you stray outside the positions of power on the map, you're just dead.
It seems like a lot of franchises have these fans that think nothing can be changed about the game or its ruined. It really seems like nostalgia and the comfort of experience that those players have with the older games. And thats fine, but just like, play the older games to enjoy that gameplay? Its mostly what Quake series fans do, and I can see that being a problem before for Halo, with older games being stuck on old consoles, but now with MCC on PC? Why be such a debbie downer, just go play what you want!

HeisenbergFX4

Dec 28, 2016
Some Beach
So with this approaching along side other shooters like BF and COD just curious how shocking would it be to see the free MP show up on Playstation at launch?

Just asking