• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite Official Multiplayer Reveal

Artistic

Apart from Halo 4 and maybe 5, Halo was never a top tier looker. Go read any review of Halo 3 for example and you'll see most comment on the graphics being a let down.

Infinite is a cross gen game so of course it looks like one.
Halo 3 graphics wise stood the test of time during the 360 era. Was still one of the better looking games years after release, at least IMO.

Definitely true that Halo 3 wasn't a massive upgrade over H2 though.

Last edited:

MrFunSocks

Banned
Halo 3 graphics wise stood the test of time during the 360 era. Was still one of the better looking games years after release, at least IMO.

Definitely true that Halo 3 wasn't a massive upgrade over H2 though.
I thought it looked fine, but it definitely wasn't top tier. COD4, Gears of War, Bioshock, etc all trounced it graphically, which was to be expected since Halo is a much more technically advanced game in many ways.

fatmarco

Halo 3 had all those controversies around it running at sub 720p resolution. I mean, Call of Duty 4 did too but it was twice the framerate. Halo 1 and 2 though were top tier for their time, especially Halo 1.

No PC shooter looked as good as Halo 1 when it released.

Halo 3 had all those controversies around it running at sub 720p resolution. I mean, Call of Duty 4 did too but it was twice the framerate. Halo 1 and 2 though were top tier for their time, especially Halo 1.

No PC shooter looked as good as Halo 1 when it released.

Run at 640p, design everything with chain link fences.

No one even knew they cared about sub 720p until Halo 3 hit, because it made the problems obvious with art direction.

Banjo64

cumsessed
They are still advertising the multiplayer component for this with the Game Pass branding. I swear they better not go back on it being free 2 play on Xbox just because they couldn’t get away with their Gold price increase.

Top Bottom