• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo iconic announcer Jeff Steitzer speaks out in support of trans players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends what you mean by "this". And different people have different opinions on this.

I think most people agree the message is actually a good one, but it's sort of stating the obvious. Mostly everyone normal will say everybody deserves equal treatment, it's not really that brave to say something like this.

It's like bragging on social media that you gave a homeless person money or helped an old lady cross the street.

Most people here probably agree with what he said.

I can't speak for anyone else but I already posted my opinion that the person that put this guy up to this didn't leave him too much of an option unless he wants to look like an asshole. I kinda respect that he went above and beyond actually but then he was also put on the spot and it looks good on him to make a statement like this so how do we really know it's genuine?

I believe it's genuine cuz again he coulda just phoned in his response instead of saying more so again my only problem with this is the person being like "please say something nice, I totally won't judge you or tell anyone else if you refuse".

But whatever, it's not really a big deal either way. I assume he was being genuine, no reason to think otherwise. I'm not really gonna throw a parade for the guy for stating what's obvious to most decent people.
I dont think a parade should be thrown either - I guess I’m missing where the people are that are throwing a parade about it. It’s nice, cool of him - and that’s where it stops

DeaDPo0L84

I can't be mad at him personally for doing it cause I don't understand what pressure might have been put on him to do so and we all know if you don't give into the boot on your throat there is only one course of action when it comes to the lgbtq community. With that said I can't wait till we can stop promoting mental health issues like it's some victorious moment, they are people who need help, not a moment on a soap box or a victory lap. The moment people like this, celebrities, politicians, companies, etc stop promoting it for clout like it's some special accomplishment to have gender dysphoria is the moment we can actually help these people begin to figure out what the real cause of their issue is instead of turning to the transgender community so they don't have to face reality.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Fuck yes. Astonishing how oblivious some people seem to be of how old fashioned they're being with their prejudices... Facebook algorithms telling them they're so contemporary lolll
What is more astonishing are people like you somehow celebrating the statement of the obvious and decrying anyone who calls this out as being prejudiced. lolll

Kholinar

Banned
Agree to disagree. And theres no point arguing about it. We believe in different things.

At the end of the day thinking you can change your sex is delusional lol. You cant compare it to racism or people being oppressed by their government.

Trans people get enough support from changing phrases lile breadt feeding to chest feeding so they dont get offended to bein allowed to compete with biological females ( unfair )

Also its a hate crime in England to say trans women are delusional to think they can get pregnant or have periods ( which they are lol )
Anyway, we stand for different things and thats cool
Ah, so you're simply transphobic, and it took me bringing out pure facts and statistics to expose the layer of willful ignorance and dishonesty you were plainly operating under. Like, if you hate transgender people, just go ahead and say it, lmao - I could already tell from the first post. No need to engage in needless debate and theatrics with me.

Tiring.

Tschumi

What is more astonishing are people like you somehow celebrating the statement of the obvious and decrying anyone who calls this out as being prejudiced. lolll
This just reads as triggered. My input was valid and relevant to what he said.. i guess you have decided trans rights are something worth having a problem with (in my life I'll never understand your simplicity if this is indeed your brand of bullshit) and you don't like being told you're no better than Jim Crow fanboys..

well i mean Jesus man, you can handle blacks and hispanics being in all your games and tv shows, right? Well have patience, because you'll probably finally be able to handle trans people being there too, after a few dozen more years of personal growth

93xfan

Banned
Someone show him Jimquisition videos from the last few uploads.

Some of these people who rally for and pump up Trans rights are coo coo for cocopuffs. I'm all for Trans rights but the loud people who come to the forefront to champion it are some interesting individuals.

I believe in treating all people with respect and kindness, but I sincerely worry about what bad actors will do with access to women’s locker rooms (notice I didn’t say bathrooms). There’s reports of grown trans women walking around with their penis out in plain view of underage girls in locker rooms.

When did that become acceptable?

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
This just reads as triggered. My input was valid and relevant to what he said.. i guess you have decided trans rights are something worth having a problem with (in my life I'll never understand your simplicity if this is indeed your brand of bullshit) and you don't like being told you're no better than Jim Crow fanboys..

well i mean Jesus man, you can handle blacks and hispanics being in all your games and tv shows, right? Well have patience, because you'll probably finally be able to handle trans people being there too, after a few dozen more years of personal growth

Reading comprehension is a clear problem with you, I see. Never once did I say I have a problem with trans rights - only stated that there is no need to celebrate/point out the obvious. You don't do this when people claim the earth is round, do you?

Then again, its easier for types like you to handwave off people you disagree with and treat them as subhuman. Bit of a cunty thing to do, mate.

Tschumi

Reading comprehension is a clear problem with you, I see. Never once did I say I have a problem with trans rights - only stated that there is no need to celebrate/point out the obvious. You don't do this when people claim the earth is round, do you?

Then again, its easier for types like you to handwave off people you disagree with and treat them as subhuman. Bit of a cunty thing to do, mate.
i handwave them off, i didn't know lol'ing at them equated to treating them as sub-human >.> sounds like you're reaching, cchhhhamp.

McCheese

Uhm, pretty sure he wouldn't have done it for a quick $50 if he didn't actually believe in what he was saying. Good try, though.
Cbs Ok GIF by Paramount+

Can you imagine how the "I paid x on cameo to say trans rights are human rights and they refused!" thread would go on resetera? They would already be petitioning for his voice to be removed from the MCC

The Skull

Whilst I have no issue with this I'm a been a bit confused as to what calling them un-freaking-believable means? Does he know everyone of them on a personal level and they are all that amazing? that and when people say that trans people are "killing it". Still no idea what it means.

Kev Kev

ok cool, i dont really care, but good for him and good for trans people i guess. kind of weird to be offended or triggered by this. it comes off as a bit fake, but its hard to tell what is and isnt posturing these days so 🤷‍♂️ eh ill just assume hes being real

i second the questions of what does trans rights mean? like, exactly which rights are they talking about when they say trans rights matter?

im not being facetious or trying to be a dick, im asking a legit question

BabyYoda

Banned
Twitter mob rage filled attack averted, careful though, they are fickle and deadly, they will destroy you on whim.

Personally my heart goes out to them, more needs to be done to help them, not enable them. Too many deeply regret having the surgery, this is an identity issue, probably that were abused as a child and almost certainly their dad failed them in some way, it's a fathers job to instill identity in their kids, more than their mum even, more than anyone and they represent God to their kids, it's a serious responsibility they most are failing in, so are the schools, government, entertainment etc.

If you have kids, speak blessings over them, not curses, never say they are stupid and won't amount to anything, it could possibly hold them back for life, I still have word curses on me from my dad, I know the damage it does. Speak the opposite, even if you can't see it yet, speak to what they will be, not what they are now, this how Biblical blessings work. Jews understand this with the Bar and Bat Mitzvah, it's one of the reasons their people are massive overachievers, they will say stuff like "you're going to be a dentist" all their childhood and surprise surprise they become that, they also say in front of all family and friends "you are my beloved son/daughter in whom I am well pleased (Father God also spoke that over Jesus interestingly). If you ever wondered why you never felt like a true man or woman, now you know why, you weren't affirmed enough by your dad.

Of course a mum is absolutely crucial as well, just not as much regarding identity, but regarding kindness and nurture they excel, we need both in the context of marriage for a stable and complete environment for kids to flourish. These things were normal for most nations for several millennia (and still are for many), only this last 50 years or so western society has decided they want make man into a new image and we're already seeing the devastation and confusion it is causing. That it is controversial to say you should only have kids in the context of marriage (between a man and a woman) shows how lost this generation is...my heart goes out to the kids being born into this madness!

Last edited:

SSfox

That's cool but there are also kids that are starving and dying in countries like Africa or Palestine. If there are people i'm gonna worry about those are the first one i would worry for personally speaking.

Kokoloko85

Ah, so you're simply transphobic, and it took me bringing out pure facts and statistics to expose the layer of willful ignorance and dishonesty you were plainly operating under. Like, if you hate transgender people, just go ahead and say it, lmao - I could already tell from the first post. No need to engage in needless debate and theatrics with me.

Tiring.

There not real statistics though. Theres an argument to be made by how many are happy with the numbers you showed as Ive read and watched documentaries that say different. Plus the suicide rate.

Im simply scientific when it comes to biology of human sex. I don’t hate trans, I’ll call them by what they want and respect some of their wishes and believe they have a right to all human rights. The things I don’t think they have a right for example is I don’t believe untransitioned men have a right to go into womens toilets while they havent had the op. Just because they “identify as a women”.

I also don’t believe its in their best interested to transition at a young age or as alot of it turns out suicidal in the long run. Even for adults. Alot of trans regret it.
Yes changing and forcing hormonal medicaation can change alot before they hit puberty but at the same time its a dangerous unchangeable thing. And in reality doesn‘t solve all the problems they feel alot of the time.

And I dont believe trans women should take biological womens limited places like work places, university places or sports events etc.
Biological men have a clear advantage to biological women when it comes to alot of sports like track n field, weight lifting etc. Show me A world record where a women has beaten a man in one of these events. Im not talking shooting, golf or driving but actual physical sports.

Having 16-18 or 20+ years of testosterone cannot be over turned by lowering your testosterone for a few years or more. The development of bone and muscles has already done its work.

You cant change you biology. Trans women can’t get pregnant Or have periods its as simple as that and its delusional to think so and its wrong to support such delusions. Please prove to me how 1 trans woman can get pregnant or have an actual period. Its biologically impossible.

Phrases like breast feeding shouldn’t be changed because trans men or women feel offended by it. And neither should things like women’s sanitary products. Why should they need to be changed because a trans is offended? Like I said, people are dying on one side of the planet and people want to be offended by words like breast feeding…

Instead to the usual reply I get. “Your transphobic”. Just prove me wrong, show me 1 trans female that can actually get pregnant or have peroid or has actual female only organs, instead of it being delusional and wishful thinking.

https://theestablishment.co/yes-trans-women-can-get-period-symptoms-e43a43979e8c/index.html The answer to the website and hundreds of other articles and “scientific” Posts like it is thats its….not biological true.

Thinking you can change your sex is as untrue as being able to change your race.

Its unfortunate people feel like they are trapped in the wrong body but that doesn’t mean you are another sex, it means you identify as another sex And nothing can biologically change that.

We can argue about it all day. You believe your statistics and I believe my facts. I don’t want ill will on them or don’t think they don’t have rights I just don’t think all their beliefs are factual and based on actual biological science

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Trans people have the right to declare themselves as trans during an online match and get ridiculed for saying something so inappropriate just as anyone else would get ridiculed for saying something similar during an online game.

I think we are almost there activist!!!

VAL0R

Banned
Bo seems like a decent dude to me. Dunno what the react is for but I use them all the time for reasons I probably shouldn't.
Yeah, you are ridiculous at spamming the triggered emote. (Yes, you can trigger emote this post as well. I know you are compelled by some inner voice to click that little yellow face with rosy cheeks. And if you abstain, the only reason will be you have forced yourself not to, to demonstrate you have some form of emote self-control, which we both know is a lie.)

Last edited:

Stuart360

I believe in treating all people with respect and kindness, but I sincerely worry about what bad actors will do with access to women’s locker rooms (notice I didn’t say bathrooms). There’s reports of grown trans women walking around with their penis out in plain view of underage girls in locker rooms.

When did that become acceptable?
Wait is that true?, Jesus.

VAL0R

Banned
If a dude with lipstick goes into a bathroom with my daughter I will follow him in and watch him or just get my girl out. I'm not about that delusional pervert life. Not sorry.

Stuart360

If a dude with lipstick goes into a bathroom with my daughter I will follow him in and watch him or just get my girl out. I'm not about that delusional pervert life. Not sorry.
Yeah i mean thats just wrong imo. And whats even more wrong about it is if a mum in the same changing rooms said soemhting about it, she would probably be called transphobic and driven out of the changing room.

This current world is going down the shitter, sorry.

Trans is a mental illness and it is one that can be socially-acquired. People can develop it due to their lifestyle and their peer groups.

The push for acceptance is damaging society, because more and more young people are declaring themselves transgender. And ruining their lives.

Doctors have decided - without any research - that the best treatment for this mental illness is to give people drugs and expensive surgeries, and insist that everyone panders to their delusions. This is how the medical profession operates, it is more lucrative to give people drugs for their lifetime than to find the cause of a problem.

Last edited:

Outlier

Oh? I recently thought that the announcers voice was just master chiefs VA putting on a playful tone.

I mean they put on a mid range gravel voice.

Anyway... I'm not going to talk about the politics, but good that he supports individuals personal goals.

Flutta

Banned
That's cool but there are also kids that are starving and dying in countries like Africa or Palestine. If there are people i'm gonna worry about those are the first one i would worry for personally speaking.
Starvation and unjust killing of brown people? Pffffft thats not something to care about. Whats between your legs is all that matters now, especially if you’re confusing the two genders for one another based on your feelings. Get with the times breh. 😂

Kokoloko85

Wait is that true?, Jesus.
Yes Unfortunately.
Theres even stories out there with trans women going into womens toilets and taking used sanitary products for weird reasons…. Cant find the link atm

Also trans people making companies get rid of the word female for sanitary products lol

oagboghi2

Stop using black history to excuse trans bullshit.

CAB_Life

This is a statement unbound by logic and reason. How can something not 'need' anymore support? That's ignorant of the problems that permeate the LGBT community, such as conversion camps, familial and communal ostracization, hate crimes, insufficient media representation, criminalization, and so forth.

It's still illegal to change your gender in 47 UN member states, and there are 13 countries that specifically criminalize transgender people, that being Brunei, the Gambia, Indonesia, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Malawi, Malaysia, Nigeria, Oman, South Sudan, Tonga, and the United Arab Emirates. In these countries exist downtrodden transgender people who have to deal with the cultural vices of the very places they call home, and literal dehumanization from the bigoted peers they have no option but to bear with day-in and day-out; it is important that we continue to incessantly verbalize our support for these lot because it gives these people the strength to soldier on with their days and not succumb to hate and discrimination.

A movement doesn't just not "need" support anymore. The fight is continuous. If you simply stop, then as soon as complacency settles in, you'll find yourself with an opposition that's hard at work in undermining the very thing we all fought to instill, and the rug of tolerance will be unwittingly swept from under our feet. The same goes for free speech, net neutrality, what have you.

Here are some troubling statistics concerning the LGBT and their situations - even go digging through the sources, if you will. Just because a few companies put out some rainbow flags on their Twitter accounts and lecture a few meaningless platitudes doesn't mean the fight is necessarily over.

What a bad faith argument and an utter strawman. In a 2015 survey of nearly 28,000 people conducted by the U.S.-based National Center for Transgender Equality, only 8 percent of respondents reported detransitioning, and 62 percent of those people said they only detransitioned temporarily. The most common reason for detransitioning, according to the survey, was pressure from a parent, while only 0.4 percent of respondents said they detransitioned after realizing transitioning wasn’t right for them. A mere 0.4%.

The results of a 50-year survey published in 2010 of a cohort of 767 transgender people in Sweden found that about 2 percent of participants expressed regret after undergoing gender-affirming surgery. Strikingly far from the majority.

The numbers are even lower for nonsurgical transition methods, like taking puberty blockers. According to a 2018 study of a cohort of transgender young adults at the largest gender-identity clinic in the Netherlands, 1.9 percent of adolescents who started puberty suppressants did not go on to pursue hormone therapy, typically the next step in the transition process. Again, a strikingly low figure

The idea that transition regret is an issue that warrants any sort of public outrage and social activism is, quite frankly, a consequence of willfully ignorant and transphobic media coverage, and not anything predicated on truth and reason.

A 'better' chance? They had no chance in the first place. China is literally beholden to HK as per their handover treaty with Britain, so any setback is merely a delay of the inevitable. No amount of public outrage was going to stop China from literally instilling CCP loyalists from the mainland into Hong Kong and imploding them from the inside. A boycott of China is just a fantasy begotten by pure naivete; the whole world relies on China far too much, and contracts are already in place. They can't just up and violate these contracts, even in the unfortunate face of clear-cut tyranny.

That's a horrible dictum to live by. People have changed and continue to change every day. Even so, it's important we set forth a good message so that the impressionable and ill-defined minds of children absorb the right ideals.

Except those three players received widespread public support and even murals in their favor. These public displays of solidarity are important because it's not just those players that receive support, but all the black people that feel ashamed of themselves after all the abhorrent racism that occurred post-match. Of course you won't stop racism - it's impossible! The fight is continuous and unending, and we have to keep it up and dare not to wallow in complacency, or shit is going to get out of control.
I know you’ve been banned, but citing first a study by the highly medicalized and profitable trans industry regarding, essentially, the benefits of gender reassignment is going to be skewed by nature. “Benson and Hedges claims smoking will enrich your social life, new study finds!“ You’re also cherry picking that 2nd study to the extreme. 15 individuals out of 681 detransitioning is not insignificant, now multiply that by the tens of thousands and you have an issue. Also note that the data was only complied up to 2010, before the absolute surge (3000% according to the UK’s leading gender clinic) in gender reassignment, which no one from the gender clinician side has even attempted to explain. The same study you’ve referenced also cites homophobia as a primary catalyst in some transitioning cases: better to have a straight daughter than a gay son, kind mentality.

As for this gent and the OP, I think it’s great to be inclusive and to keep your mind open to people’s social, religious and sexual permutations, but he’s mostly parroting a message and not speaking from any kind of life experience or exposure to the LGBT community (unless I’ve missed that he’s gay or trans)—which is highly divided on this issue. Go talk to a lesbian—can you even find one not in hiding anymore—and ask her for her thoughts on TRAs and their colonization of women’s spaces.

LGB and T issues are highly complex and cannot be reduced to a sloganeering or picking figures out of context to frame an argument.

Concern

woke snl GIF

If we could all agree to just treat each other with some decency and respect, and see people as individuals instead of their group identity, that would be great.

Getting really tired of one side screeching "TRANSPHOBIA" and constantly spouting out virtue signaling nonsense, and the other side comparing trans people to lunatics and rapists who need to be followed into bathrooms.

But then again, maybe social media is just not the right place to comment on complicated social issues. Feels like everyone has lost their minds and I don't want to associate with either group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom