• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major Xbox influencers and Ambassadors pulling support over multiplatform rumours

BaneIsPain

If only Microsoft management has same passion (borderline schizo tbh), probably the “influencer” wouldn't lose their mind.

Anyone else remember when Sony fanboys were crying and freaking out due to games going to PC? There were meltdown videos and such. I thought to myself, "man, Sony fanboys are like a cult and an odd bunch."

Well looks like I was wrong. It is not Sony fanboys, just fanboys in general. What the actual fuck?

I get it if you are unhappy with a direction a company is going, but in the end who the hell cares? Why build your identity so much on a brand? Such odd behavior.

Consumerism is killing us.
Soooo you only now realized that theres a lot of crazy xbox fans, too?

Emotion Reaction GIF

i'm actually kinda cringing at the thought that some of these weirdos will become refugees on PS5 and PC. I really don't want them stinking up the PS5 and PC community with this bullshit lol :messenger_grinning_sweat: .

Xbox is a cult. Yea, every community has its weirdos but I feel the Xbox community has the most thanks to years of brainwashing by Phil and MS.

Is any of this shit really that important? It's not like there's much personality between the Playstation, Xbox, and PC these days anyway - that died off with Gen 6 almost 20 years ago. Why get so animated about it?
And that's the problem. Spoilt brats these days can't stand if someone has a game they can't play. Gotsta hav it all! No more going to a friend's house and being awestruck bij Sonic because you are stuck on a different system, no more saving up for that other console and feel rewarded for buying it because you finally get to play that out of reach exclusive. Every game on every platform sucks and takes part of the fun away. Nintendo vs Sega vs Sony and pc was the golden age of gaming. It's just stuck in limbo now. Technology has advanced, fun has not. But at midlife crisis age, what do I know.

vkbest

i'm actually kinda cringing at the thought that some of these weirdos will become refugees on PS5 and PC. I really don't want them stinking up the PS5 and PC community with this bullshit lol :messenger_grinning_sweat: .

Xbox is a cult. Yea, every community has its weirdos but I feel the Xbox community has the most thanks to years of brainwashing by Phil and MS.
Nah, they will go probably to Nintendo

Boy I do hope it all isnt what everyone thinks and the Xbox influencers will try crawling back up MS' ass.
Lost income does strange things to sheeple.

And when MS tells them to fuck off, see if they swap teams and go shill for Sony or Nintendo. Since 90% of them are spineless corporate whores who advertise for the highest bidder.
Not having standards can work both ways.

If these influencers were worth anything to begin with, XBox wouldn’t be in its current situation.
No amount of influencing would have convinced a large enough portion gamers to buy a console with no exclusives and with stale franchises. They stopped innovating even on the hardware side, they're years behind in controller technologies. At least the Xbox One controller had the impulse triggers, the Series controller? No gyro, no force feedback, no HD rumble, nothing.

BTW, Satya Nadella is CEO of Microsoft since 2014, that's an eerie overlap with the downfall era of Xbox. Do you all think it's just a coincidence?

Astray

Gold Member
BTW, Satya Nadella is CEO of Microsoft since 2014, that's an eerie overlap with the downfall era of Xbox. Do you all think it's just a coincidence?
Guess who became in charge of Xbox in 2014?

Sauce: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_Spencer_(business_executive)#Career
In late March 2014, Satya Nadella announced in a corporate e-mail that Spencer was to "lead the Xbox, Xbox Live, Groove Music and Movies & TV teams, and Microsoft Studios" as part of the Windows and Devices division.[8][13]

Rien

Jelly Belly
I

It's a "thing" that was on a wall at Xbox back in 2017, we've been taking the piss out of it since.

Ow now I remember this. They said this in the Xbox One X presentation right?
The “Terrifying Clarity” and “Almost Unfair” is so fucking cringe that I can’t believe they put that on the wall. Its like children on a schoolyard making up these talking points

SimTourist

No amount of influencing would have convinced a large enough portion gamers to buy a console with no exclusives and with stale franchises. They stopped innovating even on the hardware side, they're years behind in controller technologies. At least the Xbox One controller had the impulse triggers, the Series controller? No gyro, no force feedback, no HD rumble, nothing.

Nah, Satya has much bigger things to worry about than Xbox on a day to day basis, Windows, Azure, Surface, MS Office, etc., he put Spencer in place and gave him all the support and money he asked for because Phil sold him his dreams and promised a turn around for the gaming division, but Spencer failed to deliver time and time again even while essentially giving away games and consoles for free, trying to undercut Sony by swallowing massive losses and it still didn't work. So now Satya is thinking this guy is full of shit and the xbox division has his full attention for all the wrong reasons, and if anything him dropping Windows Phone shows that he's a ruthless CEO that won't hesitate to disband an underperforming division.

splattered

I mean, why shouldnt they if they can play both ps5 and xbox games, by buying a ps5 to replace their xbox?
Because unless Microsoft makes it so you play the complete xbox backlog on a Playstation that doesn't make any sense. Sure, for people buying a console for their very first time and have no purchases in either ecosystem that makes sense, but not for anyone that's already spent a butt load of money on xbox games.

kensama

Before the PS5/Series consoles launched, there was an invite only Discord ran I believe by people who now run a different Era (think about it) site…I know my interactions to get in were with them.

I had got wind of it, got invited, and lemme tell ya…the who’s who of reporters, XBox sycophant fanboys (the ones you all see), media members, and even people from XBox were all present.

It was basically a cabal to spread as much bullshit FUD about the PS5 including fake leaks, etc. and prop up the new XBox consoles.

It was quite the sight to behold, lemme just say this….they’re all in on it, even people at reputable sites.

The fanboys were weaponized….

I suppose you talking about thios FUD:

• PS5's GPU is based on RDNA •1, developed by Roblox user xXAiden•x2005Xx while on work
experience at Sony HQ Bosses ran with the idea because lack of funds
• Cerny boosted the clocks in a last•ditch response to Xbox. PS5 is secretly a 9 T Flop machine.
PS5 is having fabrication difficulties; not enough units at launch
• PS5 BOM is rising beyond control. Might cost upward of $600.
PS5 is overheating, continually crashing, and engineers are scrambling to fix the problem
PS5 is hard to develop for, almost PS3 levels of incompetence
PS5 has trouble reaching native 4K
PS5 was overclocked at the last minute
• PS5 boosts to 10.3tflops only, its 'base clock' is 9tflops, Cerny lying
• Devs are having a nightmare making games for it
• Xbox 4000 games at launch, Ps5 only 100.
• The console is twice as big as Series X (fake measurement)
• Sony paid Tim Sweeney to say PS5 is a game•changer
• The tunnel in unreal engine 5 was needed for loading, rubbish SSD.
UE5 demo was running on a Chinese laptop no problem
• PS5 is struggling with RE8 @ 1080P/30fps xbox 4k 60
• PS5 struggles with 4K games#
Spider•man: MM is an expansion pack
• Sony is trying to money•hat big 3rd party games as they are scared of Digital Foundry face•off
• Craig looked bad because of the lighting
• PlayStation exclusives all coming to pc.
• Exclusives are anti Consumer
• Alex continuously spread uncertainty about the ps5 ray•tracing capabilities even after the second
wired article confirming it was hardware•based.
• Controller to heavy
• Battery life is less than Ps4
• Phil De'spencer says single•player games like horizon zero dawn don't have the same impact
anymore.
• The PlayStation 5 SSD Will Not Change Open World Games Dramatically Alexander, Battaglia
• People's fingers hurting so much for short play
• Lightbar causing extra heating, people sweating.
• Dolphin game dev said he could only get 120fps on XSX while PS5 is just 60fps,
• Phil Spencer: "I felt good after the PS5 show
• Sony is not our Competition confusing Pr Speak from Phil
• Sony produces Cinematic walking only simulators, once and down, no game•play games.
• Quantum error struggles to hit 30 fps at 4k in CORRIDORS, Developer responds to Tweet,
actually, we are hitting 65•75 fps unoptimized, and not just Corridors.
• Xbox era crew getting caught red•handed literally plotting strategies onhow to attack the ps5
• Alex joining the Xbox era discord crew is simply unacceptable for a DF employee Not Fud but
not a good look.
• Developers are choosing to 'throttle back' the GPU on PS5, as it can't run their games
properly/ consistently
• Sony is broke
• PS4 has no games
Spider•Man PS4 puddle gate
• Mark Cerny made changes at the last second because they were caughtoff guard by Microsoft
• PS5 won't have VRS
• PS5 won't have ML\DLSS like features
• SSD won't do anything but load games faster
•The difference between both consoles are staggering.
• PS5 will throttle based on room temperature.
• It's really a 9TF console instead of 10.2Tf
• Sony using COVID as an excuse to drop out of gaming events because they're scared to show
off their weaker hardware.
• PS5 will struggle in open•world games.
Spider•Man MM is DLC that can run on the base PS4 console
The Last of Us Part Il delay was a result of internal problems and not COVID.
• Exclusives don't matter, it's all about the best version of multiplats.
• Ray casting audio support only
PS5 will have virtually no launch games; Series X will have an abundance of AAA games from
the get•go

I remember well

Last edited:
Yup I'm pissed. I'm so angry I'm even considering stopping my Game Pass subscription. This bullshit is killing me just like when Sega first fucked me hard in the ass with the Dreamcast.

BASTARDS!

Last edited:

DJ12

I bet it was precisely those kinda people acting like 5 year olds that made Xbox wanna release games on PS5 too. Who tf wants to be associated with them? They legit must be braindead selling their Xboxes and buying a PS5 all over a rumour about games going multiplatform. And when it's confirmed it's true it still doesn't change much. Still braindead actually. And another laughable thing is they honestly expect Phil and Co to give a fuck over their salty tweets. Haha.
You say that, but remember the gold price increase? They really do listen to these idiots.
Hey, I had a $599 USD launch PS3 without a second job. Just not looking forward to paying $80+ for digital games and getting iterative consoles that don’t push the envelope.
Not sure if your trying to say your glad xbox is dieing or not.

Xbox are trying to force digital and haven't innovated a damn thing since the inception of the company.

I actually thought this was fake. I figured it was advanced AI because there is simply no way this can be real.

I closed my twitter account once I found out it’s real…

I start doing this when I see my girlfirend in some new fine lingerie. After that I rip her apart.

But sweet Jesus on a motorcycle... Cheering on the top of your lungs for a fucking spokesman? GTFO.

As a failing brand, Microsoft has leaned on influencers for years. Sony absolutely uses influencers but not to the same degree. It's absolutely a cult and Phil Spencer is the head of a cult of personality, whereas, no one REALLY cares who is in charge at Sony. Most Sony leadership gets a lot of flack until they leave and then they're revered by fanboys after the fact.

H-I-M

I actually thought this was fake. I figured it was advanced AI because there is simply no way this can be real.

And this is one of the many reasons as to why the green sheep deserve all the lashings.
7LwyOYV.gif

Reactions: GHG
I had a Saturn, I loved it, but when it was clearly losing and the Playstation was winning everything I, a hardcore Sega fan got (begged my mum) a Playstation.

At the age of 12 I still didn't act this much of a baby as these grown ass men!

Then it turns out it was rumours are these idiots going to run and rebuy? Yes, and then they will claim the Xbox has had the best hardware sales for the month...

I had a Saturn, I loved it, but when it was clearly losing and the Playstation was winning everything I, a hardcore Sega fan got (begged my mum) a Playstation.

At the age of 12 I still didn't act this much of a baby as these grown ass men!

Then it turns out it was rumours are these idiots going to run and rebuy? Yes, and then they will claim the Xbox has had the best hardware sales for the month...
Well the engagement numbers here on Gaf are through the roof!!

SimTourist

I suppose you talking about thios FUD:

I remember well
I love that they tried to squeeze Sony with the Series S and X, but Sony put out a 399 machine with full specs right in the middle, even if the DE wasn't as mass produced as the disc version. I can only imagine the reaction from the Xbox team at that announcement and the realization once the games and the benchmarks started to arrive.

Alebrije

This is beyond of "Don't do drugs" advice/Joke. It's serious how this people reacts...the only logical answer is this guy is acting fo the money, if those are real reactions he should look for help

Reactions: GHG

Pelta88

This is beyond of "Don't do drugs" advice/Joke. It's serious how this people reacts...the only logical answer is this guy is acting fo the money, if those are real reactions he should look for help

I've seen the full vid. He's a pro XB youtuber and this was his genuine reaction. Since this third party debacle has surfaced I've seen a lot of these on twitter but nothing as extreme as this.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Man ... Some of the replies here ... Lol.
flame thrower fire GIF
Coming from someone who played sports at the highest level all I can say is people are true fanatics and honestly never really considered this before until I had a friend tell me he doesn't follow sports teams to him Xbox is where his devotion lies

Top Bottom