• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FOX: Trans game developer launches first person shooter where players kill anti-trans villains, including priests. 'Terfenstein 3D'

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssringo

Plenty of tasteless garbage gets released on Steam for the purpose of grifting. It's only fair they get to release theirs as well.

EN250

What the fuck is terf. abcldefg+?! all these new shit coming up. This is how I feel everytime
Jackie Chan GIF

Feminists that are misandrists like most feminists, only they see "male to female" trans persons as a biological males and don't want anything to do with them, they're differentiated from the feminists that are misandrists but see "male to female" trans persons at something to "support" because being male is bad

Last edited:

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
Never seen one game release cause this much pandemonium. 12 million copies sold and counting.
What's the source for this? I didn't see it at a glance above.

EDIT - Oh, you must have been referring to Hogwarts Legacy here, not this dumb parody thing, got it

Holy shit, this person just made 40 Million after Steam took their cut? Man, I must learn how to make a build game ASAP.
I think you had the same misreading as me

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Plenty of tasteless garbage gets released on Steam for the purpose of grifting. It's only fair they get to release theirs as well.

I dunno, flip the roles in that get what do you get? (I don't think I need to spell it out!)

A game that would be banned as actual hate-speech.

You can't defend fantasy murdering your enemies in a culture war because its essentially direct incitement to violence.

oldergamer

I have no problem with people being gay or anything like that. One of my best friends is gay, but why does it almost regularly seem like trans people doing crazy stuff? If i was gay id probably be thinking, can we please go back to LGBQ, the T is making the rest of us look nuts. Its like a crazy cousin you gotta stop from getting into fights with everyone

Last edited:

Corian33

Meh, I’m sure there are far worse DOOM clones out there over the past 30 years. If you get upset about this, you can’t complain when others get offended about games you like.

It’s obviously more of a statement to get headlines than a serious game. Will be completely forgotten in a week.

I'm all for this. We always say and hear, "these crazy people should make their own game instead of contaminating everyone else's". Well, here it is! In fact i'd prefer more of them channel their frustrations into making their own games, so all other games can return to being agenda free.
Transphobia, I don‘t really understand it, who‘s afraid of a bunch of dudes wearing skirts?
[insert]phobia is a just a playground name calling tactic to shame people into line.

FingerBang

Man, regardless of this crappy attempt to basically cash out on the outrage around HL, I find it hilarious the HUGE number of trans women in tech.

It's a field that attracts men more than women because of the way men are, and yet every time there is a good female developer doing a game or writing software it ends up being a trans woman.

It's like, and don't take this the wrong way, they have the same, and again, don't misunderstand my point, like they have the same interests as, again not trying to be hateful hope you don't get this the wrong way, like they have the same interests as guys!

CRAZY!

Spokker

Couldn't care less about the impact of this "game." I don't think video game violence leads to real life violence.

But it's been the far-left warning about "stochastic terrorism" and speech inspiring real life violence. They claim that JK Rowling's nuanced and reasonable views will lead to violence and genocide. Under their logic, wouldn't a game that actually permits you to kill people who think like her also inspire violence against real people?

Last edited:
I think all Doom/Wolfenstein clones should die in a fire so I can’t support this game. I really wish Epic open sourced Unreal Tournament so we can at least get some low effort indie shooters with better gameplay.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Couldn't care less about the impact of this "game." I don't think video game violence leads to real life violence.

Not directly, but stuff like this contributes to feelings of enmity which in turn only inflames the issue.

I'm not saying that I'm in favour of banning games when they latch onto contemporary sectarian conflicts, just that in my opinion they should be publicly deplored, and absolutely never celebrated.

At the end of the day its just a cheap-shot. There's no value to it beyond getting the creator some notoriety.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom