• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA VI on Switch 2?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
They would have to use DLASS.
The Office Reaction GIF

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Not a chance.

Woopah

What if the game wasn't announced on the switch 2 because it hasn't been revealed yet?
If it runs on the Xbox Series S I don't see a problem running on the switch with DLSS at 720p

On top of that, another report states that Nintendo showcased The Matrix Awakens Unreal Engine 5 tech demo running on the targeted specifications of the Switch 2 using Nvidia’s DLSS upscaling technology. The graphics were said to be on par with the PS5 and the Xbox Series X. It should be noted that it is unlikely that the new Switch will have the same raw power as the much bigger and beefier PS5 and Xbox Series X
The rumours did not say the graphics were on par with PS5 and Xbox Series X. That will not be the case.
Switch players don't want gta. They want games where you go fishing and chop wood for their cute farm houses.
Switch was the 2nd biggest platform for the GTA Trilogy in Europe (just behind PS4).

Shubh_C63

I was thinking 2028 but probably won't happen if it turned out to be true next gen. I don't think just cutting down density is gonna cut it.

I'd be surprised if the Switch 2 could run a PS4 level port of GTA V let alone GTA VI on the PS5/XSX.

Last edited:
Because Rockstar saw that retards double or even triple dipped with GTA 5 and they want to repeat that "strategy". Simple as.
2026/2027 will see a PC and Switch 2 version. 2028, when the new consoles come around, we'll see a "definitive edition".

Get your wallets ready, motherfuckers.
Lmao I never double dip yall get them wallets ready .

Thirty7ven

Banned
Depends on cpu ram combo, and I’m guessing this time around I/O SSD speed?

Like I’m fully expecting GTA to be built around those ssd speeds, with no need for dozens of GB in redundant assets and still expecting the game to be 150 to 200 GB. That’s a new curve ball being thrown at handheld devices I think. But I’m not sure how Nintendo will tackle that and if they can.

Last edited:

Bernoulli

M2 slut
Depends on cpu ram combo, and I’m guessing this time around I/O SSD speed?

Like I’m fully expecting GTA to be built around those ssd speeds, with no need for dozens of GB in redundant assets and still expecting the game to be 150 to 200 GB. That’s a new curve ball being thrown at handheld devices I think. But I’m not sure how Nintendo will tackle that and if they can.
The switch needs at least a 512gb ssd and those are cheap now

Xyphie

The T239 SoC will be able to play a downscaled port of basically any current-gen game if paired with correct storage and RAM, so if Nintendo ships with something like UFS storage (which seems likely given reports of UE5 Matrix demo running on Switch2) and 12-16GB LPDDR5 it's technically feasible.

Last edited:

Bernoulli

M2 slut
The T239 SoC will be able to play a downscaled port of basically any current-gen game if paired with correct storage and RAM, so if Nintendo ships with something like UFS storage (which seems likely given reports of UE5 Matrix demo running on Switch2) and 12-16GB LPDDR5 it's technically feasible.
if samsung gives them a good price for 512gb UFS 4

Top Bottom