• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand theft auto 6 details.

haxan7

Banned
I can't watch that vid right now because my boss is sitting right behind me for some reason, but I stopped paying attention to videos/articles claiming to reveal info about GTA 6 months ago.

Rockstar is so tight lipped that it's created a small industry of people exploiting gamers' thirst for GTA 6 info for clicks.

When they finally do reveal something the hype is going to be absurd.

Nice, but I think he'll be a side character appearance and nothing more

We had a similar situation with Packie McReary, remember? He was a possible candidate for gta v for fans, but still...

As of now, the only hint we have about a possible gta 6 main character is Tim Neff, who wrote and then cancelled gta vi in his portfolio and I'm not even sure about it, Maybe was for rdr2?

Btw, a GTA 6 reveal and launch could be closer than we think for sure, they dropped the biggest reward yet on gta online, and now gta v for free on now and pass

I'd say spring 2021
Or, If miracles exist, autumn 2020 lol

Guys... hear me out... what if PS5 and GTA6 gets announced on the same day!
What if Agent was cancelled and as a sign of bro-hood GTA6 became a PS5 exclusive.
Sony went silent because they know this announcement will bring down the heavens when it goes kabooom.

What if? dun dun dun

even tho i dont see it happening, but this would be the death of xbox for sure.

Guys... hear me out... what if Microsoft buys Rockstar and GTA6 became a Xbox Series X exclusive.
Microsoft went silent because they know this announcement will bring down the heavens when it goes kabooom. MS confirmed that they are going to buy more studios.

What if? dun dun dun

It seems you are the real agent. :messenger_peace:

It seems you are the real agent. :messenger_peace:

MS and Sony need RS more than RS need them. Imagine if RS said no more GTAs on console, only PC. Dumb move, but with pc tech and streaming becoming more mainstream....

I say that even though i find their games after Vice City to be meh at best. Well, excluding mp, you cant deny that shit is just.. theres a reason people are still playing SA mp mods on pc.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
Guys... hear me out... what if Microsoft buys Rockstar and GTA6 became a Xbox Series X exclusive.
Microsoft went silent because they know this announcement will bring down the heavens when it goes kabooom. MS confirmed that they are going to buy more studios.

What if? dun dun dun
tenor.gif

So... with a Female lead how will you have sex with the prostitutes and killing them to get your money back work now? Or will they have a change up and you can be a prostitute have sex with the dudes and then kill them for rest of their money?

I kinda want the multiple characters again.
She will have sex with male prostitutes. Kinda like your girlfriend, cuck.

TLZ

Banned

What if? dun dun dun

giphy.gif

What if? dun dun dun

GTA6 IS THE CONSOLE!
Rockstar is making a console exclusive for GTA6. Rip sony,RIP ms, rip coronavirus, rip dominic toretto

PSYGN

What if? dun dun dun

That'll be demoralizing to a lot of people working there for various reasons.

makaveli60

This guy... hopefully there is news to prove him otherwise L0l.
I hope he is right. After waiting this much I don't want a crossgen GTA. Make it nextgen only and blow our f'n minds. After what they did with RDR2 I can't even imagine what they could do with a nextgen only game.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

One plan that management has laid out for the next game, a new entry in the Grand Theft Auto series, is to start out with a moderately sized release (which, by Rockstar’s standards, would still be a large game) that is then expanded with regular updates over time, which may help mitigate stress and crunch.

makaveli60

One plan that management has laid out for the next game, a new entry in the Grand Theft Auto series, is to start out with a moderately sized release (which, by Rockstar’s standards, would still be a large game) that is then expanded with regular updates over time, which may help mitigate stress and crunch.
Oh fuck.... Get ready for another awesome studio going down the SJW bullshit hole.... wonderful (read the article if you don't know what I'm talking about).
On the one hand I'm glad that the people who make these games are treated better but on the other hand it seems like what I feared will become true, namely that no game will top RDR 2 for a VERY long time. And what we get will be infested with SJW filth.

Kenpachii

Oh fuck.... Get ready for another awesome studio going down the SJW bullshit hole.... wonderful (read the article if you don't know what I'm talking about).
On the one hand I'm glad that the people who make these games are treated better but on the other hand it seems like what I feared will become true, namely that no game will top RDR 2 for a VERY long time. And what we get will be infested with SJW filth.

Only a matter of time sadly, its pretty much soy central these days in game development.

The end of an era.
GTA6 will be the last great one... then GTA1-6 remakes will span the next 30 years.
Then we enter Westworld world and do our own GTA missions like Jesse from Breaking Bad. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

SJW filth? What?

SJW filth? What?

Kotaku said:
Crunch wasn’t the only endemic issue at Rockstar, which employs roughly 2,000 people in studios across the globe. A subsequent investigation by Kotaku revealed a sexual harassment allegation against one of the company’s top executives, Jeronimo Barrera. (Barrera has denied the allegation.) For years, led by Houser, his brother Sam, and an inner circle of other veterans including Barrera, many of Rockstar’s offices embraced a frat-house-like culture that often included heavy drinking, parties, and excursions to strip clubs.

Now, however, the climate appears to be shifting at the longrunning game studio. Interviews with 15 people who either work at Rockstar or left within the last year paint the picture of a company that’s changing in significant ways. As one Rockstar staffer described it to Kotaku, management seems to now be set on “running the company like a company.” (Rockstar declined to provide an interview or comment for this story.)

[...]

The company also booted directors and managers who were said to contribute to cultural issues. Rockstar held meetings about conduct and sexual harassment, and made plans to bring in a coaching organization called Mindful Talent for management training.

It’s been a slow process, Rockstar developers say, but it’s led to improvements to some people’s lives. “It’s like there’s an operation to get rid of bad eggs,” said one Rockstar employee. “There are still bad eggs around, don’t get me wrong, but it feels like their days are numbered.”

yeah really sounds like they are tearing down everything that was good about the company.

GAFers will be gafing.

Last edited:

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Apparently GTA6 is still "early in development", according to that article. Christ almighty. 7 years later and the game is only in "early development"?
So what are we looking at, 2028 release? PS6 launch exclusive? God damn.

Top Bottom