• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insider Predicts Grand Theft Auto 6 Release Window and Reveal Plans

Spyxos

Gold Member
grand-theft-auto-6-orange-car.jpg

Fans of Grand Theft Auto 6 may have to wait until spring 2025 for the game's release.

Rockstar Games has not provided official updates or confirmed any leaked details about GTA 6, leaving fans hungry for more information.

According to Rockstar Games insider Tez2 on the GTA Forums, "several devs" believe that the Grand Theft Auto 6 release window will be spring 2025. However, Tez2 pointed out that Rockstar had spring release windows in mind for both Grand Theft Auto 5 and Red Dead Redemption 2 back in the day before ultimately pushing both of those back. As far as when a proper reveal for GTA 6 may take place, Tez2 said, "I predict an announcement coinciding with the celebration of Rockstar's anniversary somewhere between late Nov and early Dec. And if not that, then a Feb announcement."

If we only going to get 1 GTA every 12-15 years, I hope Rockstar takes all the time they need to make it truly revolutionary. A 2025 release would mean 7 years of development, with 3000+ people working on the game. I'm glad it doesn't sound like its getting rushed out. Stop hounding Rockstar over taking their time. It will release when ready

It would be funny that after all this, due to the hack/leak they decided to go back to their drawing board, made multiple changes and we get a smaller game.

Mike Myers Evil Laugh GIF

Laieon

"I predict an announcement coinciding with the celebration of Rockstar's anniversary somewhere between late Nov and early Dec. And if not that, then a Feb announcement."

If it's announced this year I think the only point that really makes sense is the VGAs. Big shows are wrapping up for the year.

Unless they just randomly drop a trailer or something on Youtube; it's not like that wouldn't spread like wildfire.

It would be funny that after all this, due to the hack/leak they decided to go back to their drawing board, made multiple changes and we get a smaller game.

Mike Myers Evil Laugh GIF

GTA 6 is cancelled, but we get The Ballad of Gay Tony 2 instead.

Last edited:
Is this the same guy whos wife was working at rockstar and the trailer for GTA 6 was dropping on October 24th?
If i had a penny for everytime i see a Fake GTA 6 rumour i all would be millionaires by now.

FeralEcho

If we only going to get 1 GTA every 12-15 years, I hope Rockstar takes all the time they need to make it truly revolutionary. A 2025 release would mean 7 years of development, with 3000+ people working on the game. I'm glad it doesn't sound like its getting rushed out. Stop hounding Rockstar over taking their time. It will release when ready
I just thought of something.....what if it sucks? 12 years for a new GTA is insane and if it sucks after all this time then hooo boy....there will be riots in the streets by some deranged people.Cuz if you think about it it's not really out of the realm of posibility,Rockstar has just done remasters since 2018 and since RDR2 we've seen Houser leave,Benzies and other staff from the original team so this ain't really the same Rockstar team as the GTA5 days so it makes you wonder....

I hope everyone is prepared for GTA Online 2 with a small single player campaign afterthought. They made WAAAAAAYYYY too much money on GTAO not to 100% focus on it this time.

I just thought of something.....what if it sucks? 12 years for a new GTA is insane and if it sucks after all this time then hooo boy....there will be riots in the streets by some deranged people.Cuz if you think about it it's not really out of the realm of posibility,Rockstar has just done remasters since 2018 and since RDR2 we've seen Houser leave,Benzies and other staff from the original team so this ain't really the same Rockstar team as the GTA5 days so it makes you wonder....
The GTA formula is not complicated. Rockstar could copy/paste GTA 5's shitty gameplay and mission design, and as long as they updated the graphics, it would still be one of the best open world sandbox games on the market. GTA 6 is iterally the only game that truly has unlimited resources at its disposal, including as much time as needed to make it amazing. It's not going to be a Cyberpunk situation, Rockstar won't release it until it's ready because they dont have to

TheMan

I’ll be in my mid to late 50s when gta 7 comes out. That’s blowing my mind.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Take your fucking time and deliver like you did with rdr2.

We don't want any less of a masterpiece from them, take the entire gen if you need to.

Sybrix

Reported.

@Admins - Can we please ban these bullshit threads please?

Unless we have a statement from Rockstar then all these other 'sources' can fuck off and we dont need a thread for every 'leaker' that turns out to be complete shite.

Last edited:

NeoGiffer

Fans of Grand Theft Auto 6 may have to wait until spring 2025 for the game's release.

Rockstar Games has not provided official updates or confirmed any leaked details about GTA 6, leaving fans hungry for more information.

According to Rockstar Games insider Tez2 on the GTA Forums, "several devs" believe that the Grand Theft Auto 6 release window will be spring 2025. However, Tez2 pointed out that Rockstar had spring release windows in mind for both Grand Theft Auto 5 and Red Dead Redemption 2 back in the day before ultimately pushing both of those back. As far as when a proper reveal for GTA 6 may take place, Tez2 said, "I predict an announcement coinciding with the celebration of Rockstar's anniversary somewhere between late Nov and early Dec. And if not that, then a Feb announcement."

"Tez2 pointed out that Rockstar had spring release windows in mind for both Grand Theft Auto 5 and Red Dead Redemption 2 back in the day before ultimately pushing both of those back."

RDR2 had 'fall' at the end of the first teaser in October 2016. So just talking shit. Again.

For the 1000th time he is a data miner he was never an insider.....so in the end it's just some random prediction.....

giphy.gif

Last edited:

consoul

Quality info. A guy says there might be an announcement in November. Or December. Or maybe February.

This is both threadworthy and articleworthy.

Neon Xenon

Nah, I've got the  real exclusive scoop.

GTAVI will definitely release in the year 20XX.

Further details?
Next week...In game magazines...

Last edited:
Top Bottom