• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: GTA 6 Production Reportedly Falling Behind, Rockstar Urges Staff To Return To Office To Avoid Delay

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Grand Theft Auto VI is likely one of the most anticipated games in history, with millions of players around the world waiting for any scrap of info or screenshot of the upcoming open-world crime simulator. However, as remote workers struggle with an unwanted return-to-office mandate from Rockstar Games, Kotaku has learned from sources with knowledge of the game’s development process that GTA 6 could miss its 2025 release window and slip into 2026.

Officially unveiled in December 2023 (after a massive 2022 leak) GTA 6 is the hotly anticipated follow-up to 2013’s GTA V. Over a decade after that game’s release—and its massive, still-growing sales numbers—Rockstar Games is hard at work on the sequel, which is set in Vice City, a fictional take on Miami, Florida. The game is set to come to PS5 and Xbox Series sometime in 2025, and internally that’s still the plan. Kotaku was told by sources with knowledge of the situation that “early 2025” is currently the goal.

However, Kotaku has also learned that it’s becoming more and more likely that the sequel might not land until late 2025. It’s also possible that it could even slip into 2026 as production reportedly falls behind.

Last edited:
Looks like a 2025/26 Next Xbox was good timing by MS.

Think About It GIF by Identity

EDMIX

yea...that sounds like strong doubt.

1. they were already told to return

2. that game is already far along

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
Translation:
"Come work in the office so we can make you feel bad for leaving after 8 hours and low key force you to work 12 hour days to get this game out on time"

Quasicat

People still haven't returned to offices ? Da fuck
This is what I was wondering. My school did remote work for three months, the summer, then we were back in the fall of 2020. Granted it was very different as I only had 15 kids vs. 30 in a class, but we have been business as usual since August 2021.

Sushi_Combo

This is what I was wondering. My school did remote work for three months, the summer, then we were back in the fall of 2020. Granted it was very different as I only had 15 kids vs. 30 in a class, but we have been business as usual since August 2021.
School and office work are very different.

Quasicat

School and office work are very different.
I agree that they are both different, but looking at things through the pandemic, I imagine, working in an office would be safer from illness than working in a classroom full of kids. My limited experience in an office had me in a cubicle most of the day. I did not have a lot of close contact interaction with my coworkers during the day. In the classroom, anytime, I was within 6 feet of someone that tested positive, I had to be quarantined. Being in a cubicle all day, I would have no interaction so I wouldn’t have been within 6 feet of anyone at any point through my workday except when I was at lunch or in the restroom.
Perhaps working in this office would be different.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Isn't this old news?

Wanting people back is old news, but the production being behind schedule is the new bit. The article's source is telling them that's directly related to the above.

FeralEcho

At this point,the employer would have to be Jordan Belfort to get these fuckers back in the office with how reluctant everyone seems to be about it lol

Leonardo Dicaprio Enthusiasm GIF by Jordan Belfort

Kokoloko85

Hire some more workers, you have the money Take2/Rockstar.

Dont the employees have contracts where if you work more than your contract your get paid Extra? So just hire moe people, plenty in the industry have been fired recently, hire them.

This almost sounds like they are just going with the old news and adding something to it. They've given the reason they want everyone back and it makes sense.

Sybrix

Holy shit .. working in a office ? Thats just madness! Thats sooo 2019!

If productivity is impacted by WFH then fine, i get it.

But the cat's out the bag, WFH is here to stay, gone are the days of 5 days a week in an office, each company just needs to find a balance.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Are you guys really interested in gta6?
I don't feel anything. I don't care like at all.
Which is weird since I was always hyped for new gta. I was there for every single one

killatopak

Can't even blame them. This is purely the employee's fault.

Want to work from home? Just make sure your productivity is the same as it is on your actual working place.
The Pro is not going to sell 25 million before GTA6 releases. The PS4 Pro only sold 22 million in its entire lifetime.
Probably means both base+pro combined will make it 75m by 2025.

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

Are you guys really interested in gta6?
I don't feel anything. I don't care like at all.
Which is weird since I was always hyped for new gta. I was there for every single one
It looks great if your a GTA fan. After RDR2 I can see them taking this to another level

Kokoloko85

The Pro is not going to sell 25 million before GTA6 releases. The PS4 Pro only sold 22 million in its entire lifetime.
I think he means in combination with regular PS5’s.

GTA6 will probably release close to summer 2025? September or even November 2025. By then PS5 will have sold more than 75million.
They will probably reach close to 70million by the end of 2024

ManaByte

Gold Member
I think he means in combination with regular PS5’s.

GTA6 will probably release close to summer 2025? September or even November 2025. By then PS5 will have sold more than 75million.
They will probably reach close to 70million by the end of 2024

The Pro might not even launch until February or March due to lack of software to drive it. A $600+ console is not going to move that fast. The first couple years of the PS4 Pro only saw it moving 2-3 million units. It didn't pick up until the end of the lifecycle.

Top Bottom