• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grade the Microsoft Conference

Grade the Microsoft conference

• A

Votes: 266 24.1%
  • B

Votes: 373 33.8%
  • C

Votes: 336 30.5%
  • D

Votes: 128 11.6%

• Total voters

JusticeForAll

Gold Member
It was terrible. I bought a series X, nu first X-box console ever, next to a ps5. Gamepass and the fact that I love W-RPG's where the reason to buy the series X. To be honest, I now feel like I should have waited with buying the series X.

I do feel like 2022 seems like a great year for X-box, though

Last edited:

RavenSan

Off-Site Inflammatory Member
Between an A - and a B + for me. I liked what I saw, nothing seemed to overstay it's welcome. If every press conference was like that, I'd be thrilled. I would have loved some Fable news, but I understand that's nowhere near ready.

Wow! You mean I don't get to keep all of those movies I watch on Netflix?

I cannot believe what you're telling me. You're blowing my mind with this new and never before heard information.
200w.gif

come again?

Vol5

C.

Forza looks great as does Stalker 2. A couple of the indies looked OK as well. The rest of the line-up looked pretty bland and severely lacked gameplay.

It's almost like MS has forgotten they have a 12TF console. I was actually shocked at how terrible HALO MP looked. How long has this been in development? Very poor.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
This is the best conf by far yet(and will probably saty that way maybe nintendo will do something good) but that isn't saying much.
Great pacing, thay have really improved there.
But the content was lacking on the 1st party front, most of the games were timed exclusive which is a good thing meaning every gamer will be able to play them ....But also a bad thing because it gives no incentive to get an Xbox to play most of the games that were shown today, no matter the console you are playing on (maybe except switch for some games).
Starfield was a joke, honestly, have we learned anything new on the game ?
Forza and Plague tales were clearly the best parts of the show.
Even though I have no interest in the Forza franchise it smells like a quality and beautiful game.
Plague tale looks awesome I missed the first one and will probably buy it before the next one comes.
So I am really torn there was it a good show?Yes, especially compared to the rest of this E3.
But did it show games that I can't play on other platforms ?Not so much and for this year it will be Halo and Forza...Maybe next year they will have more but honestly it is something I tell myself since 2010 with Xbox.
So as a gamer it is a great conf that showed a lot of multiplatform games but nothing made the upcoming lineup of Xbox makes me want one now.
This may very well change in the future when they will show gameplay of their games and hopefully something else than Halo,Gears or Forza.
So all in all great conf, best conf of this E3 yet but nothing interesting on Xbox this year or even in the beginning of next year.

This was not what they needed, still nothing that shows why XSX is supposed to be the worlds most powerful gaming console. We are already playing games on PS5 that look better than anything MS showed today
You either weren't paying attention or you simply have an obscure definition of what "looks better".
Flight Sim looks almost a gen ahead better than anything either console has or will have.
Forza Horizon 5 is an arcade racer with relatively short dev time and looks considerably better than anything on PS5.

You either weren't paying attention or you simply have an obscure definition of what "looks better".
Flight Sim looks almost a gen ahead better than anything either console has or will have.
Forza Horizon 5 is an arcade racer with relatively short dev time and looks considerably better than anything on PS5.

I think the showcase was A+ but there was nothing that looked better than Rachet or Horizon: FW. Horizon 5 looks good but H4 already looked good and H5 isn't that big of a leap.

I don't know to make my post any simpler. I'm sorry. It should be extremely, painfully clear. Try getting one of the nurses to read it aloud to you and see if that helps.
i think you were replying to someone else and tagged me in accidentally lol

i put a disclaimer on free*, i never said anything about keeping games or movies or netflix. Try to use moderation next time you're drinking :messenger_winking:

C- for me.

Starfield was a no show, Avowed and Fable were also MIA. The lack of a Halo campaign showing was also a letdown.

Too much dependence on CGI and prerendered shit. If it wasn't for Forza Horizon 5 and BF2042 (a multiplat) the show would have gotten a D- or lower from me.

MS needs to show more gameplay. I don't watch E3 to see prerendered cutscenes and CGI.

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
i think you were replying to someone else and tagged me in accidentally lol

i put a disclaimer on free*, i never said anything about keeping games or movies or netflix. Try to use moderation next time you're drinking :messenger_winking:
Oh, no. I was definitely replying to you. You're just a little too stupid to understand the post, which is... frankly bizarre. I don't know what to tell you, kiddo.

B - General

A- For Game pass owners.

I will try and play more games than any PS or Nintendo gamer coz unlike them i don't have to pick n choose on which game i have to spend my 70$ :)

Hoppa

B+ Great show for Xbox, might be the first one that had me interested throughout. Forza looks great and Stalker 2 looks interesting. I'm not much of a Sci fi person so Halo and Starfield don't do much for me.

I think the showcase was A+ but there was nothing that looked better than Rachet or Horizon: FW. Horizon 5 looks good but H4 already looked good and H5 isn't that big of a leap.
Same could be said for Horizon FW, except at a lower level. And I'm sorry, but R&C looks good, but nowhere near that good. It largely stands out due to it's lack of competition.

And the post I replied to said nothing shown looks better than what can be played TODAY on PS5. Horizon FW aside, Flight Sim looks about an entire console gen ahead of anything currently available on consoles.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
After going back and watching it in 4k, maybe up my interest a bit, especially for forza, physchonauts, and flight sim.

DavidGzz

It's been awesome and I'm only up to Sea of Thieves. Back4Blood on Game Pass is a nice surprise for me! Stalker looks so good as well!

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
B+

Four words made this show: Day One Game Pass. It's one thing to have a bunch of good looking games, it's another to say your subscribers are getting all of them day one.

STALKER 2 looks hot. Starfield, Redfall, and Outer Worlds 2 have a lot of promise but we didn't actually see gameplay of any of them so they're coasting on their legacies. Eiyuden Chronicle on Game Pass was a nice surprise. Battlefield as well.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
5/10

Would have been a 6/10 if they didn't end with that travesty Redfall

I can't believe Arkane has been reduced to trash like that and Deathloop. Shows how much of a lie #SavePlayer1 was
Except Deathloop is more or less Dishonored with guns...

There's an optional cross player component, which is something Arkane has been trying to do since The Crossing, but the game is still the same kind of stuff they are known for.

Jimmy_liv

B- for me. Not enough killer titles.

Did they really show Age of Empires 4 as an xbox Conole exclusive that can't be played in the xbox console?!?

the_master

1- format: A. Games, games, games, games, gamepass, starfield exclusivity, games
2- halo: F. No single player, no real gameplay. Super bad.
3- game of the presentation: Forza horizon, A. Looking amazing.
4- missing: one big surprise.

Overall a B. Great format, lots of titles but failed on halo and missing a big surprise

B - Too shooter heavy and they ended on a lame CGI trailer. Forza Horizon 5 looked really good though and Halo Infinite multiplayer looks like it will be fun.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
C and I’m probably being generous.

They need to show compelling gameplay to really drive my interest. In terms of exclusive games, they only did that with FH5. Way too much stuff is still 2022 at the earliest. Basically, more waiting. I’m tired of waiting on Microsoft to deliver.

ripeavocado

Banned
C

so many games, lots of multi plats, very few gameplay, halo looks bad and the f2p multiplayer doesn sound good, forza horizon looks alright and that’s it.

starfield teaser was boring.

the arkane game is a more of the same, been there, done that.

SegaManAU

Gold Member
B.

Sick of constantly seeing shooters and zombie shit.

Where are my fucking Banjo and Conker games?

Anyways, enough complaining.

Halo - Need to see more before I can judge
Shredders - Nice, can't wait to play
Flight Sim - I'm excited and it's not far away!
Stalker 2 - looks amazing
BF 2042 - Looks like it's going to be a heap of fun online
Starfield - looks nice
Forza H 5 - Looks nice but also looks like the same old
Age of Empires 4 - not really my type of game but looks good

Last edited:

PerfectDark

Banned
C. And I'm being generous.

Too many shooters, Not enough gameplay. Not enough truly riveting titles. I own a Series X but I wish I had a PS5...
Gave a C. No variety. Halo and Flight Simulator really only 2 games I will play and they both are just super delayed games. Knew when they both were releasing before E3.

Only game I would want to see would be Fable. Why can't MS make a Diablo type arpg. Maybe a MMO. Grab the NFL license and make a football game. Have some super expansion for Minecraft for my kids. Add magic and spells, or more mobs. Just adding more boring generic games to the pile of crap we already have.

Renozokii

Phil listened to the criticism and simply stated that the Bethesda games were exclusive. No more BS.
To be fair it’s about time. I know some of the statements were pretty stretched out to poke holes in but this showed how easy of a statement it was to make that was clear and concise.

Last edited:

Dr Bass

Is it? In what way?

He's explaining that the games are not 'free'. We know. Everyone who pays for Gamepass is aware that it is a paid service. That's how subscription services work. As in - all of them.

Do you really need that explained?

Do you really need this explained?

His characterization of the competition and why it is generally so well received, is a complete lie.

it has absolutely nothing to do with the cost of GP.

GymWolf

Pretty meh, as i predicted, no gameplay for the big hitters and even halo that comes out this year was underwhelming with no gameplay.

You can't expect sony quality games in 1-2 year from these studios, they need time.

Stalker 2 and a plague tale sequel saved the day, but they are both on steam and epic, so...

(but tbh i'm not interested in Psycho2 or the SOT expansion so maybe people is more positive about the event)

Last edited:

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated

Do you really need this explained?

His characterization of the competition and why it is generally so well received, is a complete lie.

it has absolutely nothing to do with the cost of GP.
Can you list your top 5 reasons why you're still trying to have this conversation, which already reached a dead end about 45 minutes ago? They don't have to be preferentially ordered if it helps save some time for you.

Except Deathloop is more or less Dishonored with guns...

There's an optional cross player component, which is something Arkane has been trying to do since The Crossing, but the game is still the same kind of stuff they are known for.

It's nothing like Dishonored except for the powers

Quite mediocre show giving it a C.
Starfield again was a whole lot of nothing.
Hellblade 2 is long ways a way like I suspected.
Russian apocalyptic ballet was prob best thing in the show.
A gunk copy where you shoot balls instead of squirting.
2 identical zombie/vampire co-op games.
Forza Horizon 5 looked very bland.
Didn't really dare to show Halo.

Pretty much what I can remember from the show.
Desperation is a stinky cologne

DavidGzz

All the Game Pass love alone is a C+ not even counting the games.. I hope D2 Resurrected will support mouse and keyboard on console. People hype themselves too much for these things lol. If you have an XSX and are paid up on GP for years, it's an awesome show.

Zok310

Banned
With all the money in the world can MS really not accomplish something like Forbidden West? Just one of those type of showcases and it would have been a different story.
They are a different type of company, they not trying to do all that. MS really just want to monopolize and own everything in the industries they compete in.

Laptop1991

C at best, the only good news was the Outer Worlds 2 announcement for me, and even that's too far off to get excited about, as for the rest, it's either already known games with nothing new to add, or too many CGI trailers with no actual game play, or new games like Redfall that i wouldn't buy and play anyway. so just a C imo.

Last edited:
Top Bottom