• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grade the Microsoft Conference

Grade the Microsoft conference

• A

Votes: 266 24.1%
  • B

Votes: 373 33.8%
  • C

Votes: 336 30.5%
  • D

Votes: 128 11.6%

• Total voters

Arun1910

B.

Better than expected and that is thanks to Starfield and Battlefield.

Forza peaked my interest for the first time ever. They shouldn't have shown MP for Halo seeing as they have Campaign damage control to do. I'm looking forward to A Plague Tale again.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
I don't know how to rate it honestly.
From a ps/PC gamer it was a great conf with lot of things to play...But way too much timed exclusives and CGI.
They barely showed anything of Starfield, I still don't know what the game is and the one more thing was disapointing.
So a great conf for games but for Xbox not so much.

The high note for me was Forza which is by far the best looking upcoming MS game.

Edit: It is still the best conference yet, of a very disapointing E3.

Last edited:

iorek21

B

Not a lot of gameplay and I didn't really find most things interesting. Gamepass was the star of the show with its huge amount of content being released day one, but that's it.

A great show for Gamepass, but not so much for games individually.

Forza Horizon 5 and Battlefield are the highlights for me.

Renozokii

C.
Everything is next year or further, cgi up the ass with Microsoft continuing to announce games that are barely done with a cgi trailer, halo doesn’t look great, and they really didn’t show anything new and exciting.
Only reason for a c and not lower is forza looks pretty good, even as a non fan of racing games I recognize that looked good. And some of the indies looked pretty legit.

C+ for the show but in terms of Games coming to gamepass it a A the crazy amounts of games coming to gamepass day 1 is too good.

And still can’t give a concrete date for it. My confidence in that 2021 tag is low.
Well, I did say last year that
If they wanted to make it right then this game wasn't coming in 2021.

Maybe that's what's happening? They are making it right and that's why they didn't show anything? It's a least two years of reworking if they plan on fixing it.

It seemed decent, but the only games I personally see myself playing are Diablo 2 and Eiyuden Chronocile both of which are multi-platform and the later not releasing until 2023.

Nezzeroth

It's a C from me. Way too many shooters. I felt like I was seeing the same game over and over (even same kind of trailers).

Outer Worlds 2 was funny and I liked Redfall, but there was no gameplay for either.

Handful of standouts, but too many updates via DLC packs, CG trailers, and extended gameplay cuts (Forza and Redfall felt way too long). Also 2022 much?

Maybe I’m jaded and want to pick apart gameplay segments over all else.

Best of show: Stalker 2

Elios83

A disappointment relatively to the expectations.
Insiders were talking about mega exclusives, Kojima, 3 studios acquired, Battlefield on Gamepass...and so on.
The reality is that Halo needs a new dev team that makes the brand justice and the rest is late 2022 onwards.

reinking

Gold Member
A. They showed enough to close out this year and saved some for next. Their goal is to keep us on Game Pass. Glad they didn't waste any more time with games that will not be out in the next 24 months. Of course there were the filler titles but that is to be expected.

I might be easily pleased though since I am just sitting here waiting to play 12 Minutes.

Inxes

This is the definition of low 7 out of 10. It's good, solid, knows what the thing is about, it presents itself well, it has rhythm... but yeah, nothing special came out of it.

Renozokii

100% a B or 8/10.

Anyone saying otherwise has a motive.
Depends on your standards. With the e3 being so next year or later heavy it’ll mean Xbox fans from launch 2020 to end of year 2021 only get 2-3 first parties which is pretty ridiculous. And how can you like the bullshots and cgi? I mean cmon with our worlds 2. Not even a generic 2022 or 2023 release time frame. That’s another game added to the list of Microsoft announcements with no gameplay or release anywhere on the horizon. Stalker 2 was not gameplay. Starfield still having no gameplay. I thought the show sucked. I don’t need to be marketed to for games coming at an unspecified time somewhere in the future.

RoboEight

B for me, lot's of cool stuff shown but I really would have liked to see some more JP games. Some of the shooters were kind of meh. Halo needed a gameplay demo of the campaign. Starfield looks nice but my rule of thumb is until I see the game running I don't get my hopes up. Still a big win for Gamepass you certainly can't complain with all these titles coming to it. I'm personally not a huge Bethesda fan so it was like the games look cool and if you are a fan of Bethesda you'll certainly get a nice catalogue of games so that's nice.

Banjo64

cumsessed
It seemed decent, but the only games I personally see myself playing are Diablo 2 and Eiyuden Chronocile both of which are multi-platform and the later not releasing until 2023.
You not interested in Psychonauts Toad? I think that game is shaping up very nicely.

jakinov

7/10
- forza was purty
- Indie games were interesting
- some indie games were not
- Halo MP trailer was cool
- liked that they didn't show too much gameplay, live gameplay demos sucks and like every E3 there's hoursof dev walkthrough after that get posted, they are long and slow they only work well for gameplay that's highly cinematic like games from Sony where every other 5 seconds is a mini-cutscene.
-

Top Bottom