• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gotham Knights first 30 minutes leaked

Nankatsu

I can definitely understand why this is locked at 30fps, no way it could run at 60 with this level of fidelity

I don't think that's the point. It's the lack of performance mode.

Specially when you look at games that look better than this and offer both modes, like Horizon Forbidden West.

Last edited:

Larxia

Jesus Christ that bike sequence is just so sad, no sense of speed, no physics, they even had to put some whooshing screen effect.
Even if I'm actually interested in the game, I agree there's really a problem with the bike. It's really slow with no sense of speed at all, and the effect on the border of the screens looks bad, and looks stupid since you're driving slowly, it's just always there no matter what.

SLB1904

Banned
The story is interesting. Might get that. O got hooked by this 30min

Edit: lol nevermind. The animations are so bad 😆

Last edited:

Hot5pur

Looks alright to me.
The game is quite ambitious and as long as it gets a lot of the open world ingredients correctly it will do well.
Open world looks decent, combat is good, characters, story, voice acting, etc.
It's not going to win any awards but it'll do alright.

This really doesn't look very good given it's a brand-new game and I'm not understanding how it needs to be locked to 30fps on the new consoles. The level of detail in the environments and in the characters is way down. The animations aren't great compared to the Arkham games, even the first one.

SLB1904

Banned
Man this needs some investigation. There is no way there was budget involved in this game. Everything looks so amateurish. Other than the cinematics and the material graphics which probably was outsourced.
The game itself is terrible.

Looks alright to me.
The game is quite ambitious and as long as it gets a lot of the open world ingredients correctly it will do well.
Open world looks decent, combat is good, characters, story, voice acting, etc.
It's not going to win any awards but it'll do alright.
That’s where I am, I don’t expect it to win awards, not even glowing reviews, but if it nails the formula they showed in that leak it looks like it’s fun.

Last edited:
Man this needs some investigation. There is no way there was budget involved in this game. Everything looks so amateurish. Other than the cinematics and the material graphics which probably was outsourced.
The game itself is terrible.
Industry snippet for you - even big AAA projects gets outsourced. Just because something gets outsourced doesn't mean the game is low budget. There are plenty of very high end art asset creation studios that do very amazing stuff.

Blizzard outsources majority of their stuff for World of Warcraft and even Diablo 4. This is a known fact because you can find them on artstation.com with their portfolios and credits.

The guns in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 and previous titles were outsourced as well and those games have the best and highest resolution weapons compared to most FPS titles to date.

The issue here is that the talent simply blows or the publisher/dev is super stingy with money and outsourced to low quality studios or newbie freelancers artists.

Last edited:

kapshin

|Nope
Fron wb montreal
monero-xmr.gif

SLB1904

Banned
Industry snippet for you - even big AAA projects gets outsourced. Just because something gets outsourced doesn't mean the game is low budget. There are plenty of very high end art asset creation studios that do very amazing stuff.

Blizzard outsources majority of their stuff for World of Warcraft and even Diablo 4. This is a known fact because you can find them on artstation.com with their portfolios and credits.

The guns in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 and previous titles were outsourced as well and those games have the best and highest resolution weapons compared to most FPS titles to date.

The issue here is that the talent simply blows or the publisher/dev is super stingy with money and outsourced to low quality studios or newbie freelancers artists.
I think you misunderstood me. The outsourced stuff (supposedly) lools great. The game itself looks terrible

FingerBang

It really has highs and lows. The initial area is awful, but there are few locations in the game that look pretty good.

Unfortunately the animations look janky and there's a feeling of "lightness" in the controls I don't like. I don't know how to explain but the characters feel light and not in a good, fluid way.

The combat doesn't get much better. Also, I don't get the progressivism in beating the shit out of women but this game is so ridiculous female and male inmates are together in the same jail.

iHaunter

Jesus this game is a piece of garbage. What kind of mission is that?

Goes into an empty place, through empty hallway, just to pick up an HDD then go back. Literally pointless.

This will be the next "Avengers". Calling it now. Combat will most definitely be better, hoping for the best but I'm not sure this will please old or new players to the series.

GymWolf

That's genuinely a great trailer imo.

Huge shame the game is only 30fps, I really hope they add a 60fps mode in the future.
I hope my pc can sustain 60 fps because this game is stupidly heavy on the cpu side for no apparent reason other than shitty engine\optimization.

Hopefully it is gonna run better than plague tale requiem.

Top Bottom