• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield is 4K/30 on Series X, 1440/30 on Series S

If only it was so easy, time for mid-gen upgrades, aka ps5pr0 and xbox series Y ;D

Those won't do anything if nothing changes about the core processing. We did ths already last gen and the upgrades were held back because only the GPU improved mostly. Only a handful of games ever got a frame increase with those.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
30 fps vs 60 fps war is shaping to be something.
Shouldn’t even be a war. 60fps is objectively better gameplay wise in look and feel. But that doesn’t mean 30fps is a game breaker. Especially if it’s paced perfectly, stays locked, and there is no skipped frames for input delay like most 30fps games do. Something The Order development worked hard on not doing and why it felt so responsive and smooth for 30fps.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Shouldn’t even be a war. 60fps is objectively better gameplay wise in look and feel. But that doesn’t mean 30fps is a game breaker. Especially if it’s paced perfectly, stays locked, and there is no skipped frames for input delay like most 30fps games do. Something The Order development worked hard on not doing and why it felt so responsive and smooth for 30fps.
Ff16 feels really smooth and responsive for a 30 fps game.

DaGwaphics

We are going to see the full extent of it not really pushing the envelope once that PC port drops.

Literally the CPUs in the systems are nearly identical and the games graphics will scale even lower than XSS on PC. There shouldn't really be a reason for the game to be unable to run at 60fps on XSS (other than the obvious caveat that it will never be available on there, lol) since the resolutions and settings on the 60fps mode on PS5 are relatively robust. Where XSS loses the 60fps modes is in games that are very GPU bound on XSX/PS5, characterized by low internal resolutions and noticeable cutbacks on the big boys. The 60fps settings for Jedi Survivor for example would have probably just been too downgraded to consider (though sometimes these get added back in after some additional optimization is done).

Last edited:
i havent been following this drama. but i just want to leave my 💩.

1. Not a big deal, you brain adapts.

2. you are probably not even pro gamer level of proficiency playing videogames to even complain about input lag/"slide-show".

3. if it is beneficial for your eye-strain/dry eyes: 👁️. 👍.

4. to all those 🤡🤡 influencers on twitter doing console warz....🤮🤮🤮🤮.

5.Starfield is not 30 FPS because of a "creative decision" or ambition. It's because their old ass Engine... especially with those visuals.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
I haven't seen anything from Starfield to suggest that it will be more "dynamic". It's big empty planets with a few outposts with a few npcs. That's all I've seen so far.

What makes a world dynamic to you?

You can literally build your outposts / settlements almost anywhere on these planets, place objects you collected along the way, assign NPCs to do tasks, mine resources, set up supply chains and the game will remember all of that. I'd call it extremely dynamic.

People who complain about "EMPTY PLANETS" are so funny. Space is big. And empty. That's the whole point. You need all these planets to sell you on an illusion that you're exploring a galaxy.

Don't worry because wherever you land, game will procedurally generate a landscape around you and populate it with hand crafted points of interests. Again, very dynamic.

I haven't seen anything from Starfield to suggest that it will be more "dynamic". It's big empty planets with a few outposts with a few npcs. That's all I've seen so far.
Yeah that has me a little concerned because Bethesda's biggest strength is world building and making a game world feel alive. Seems impossible to do if you have thousand planets which have procedural generated terrain except for some hand crafted way points.

Connxtion

i havent been following this drama. but i just want to leave my 💩.

1. Not a big deal, you brain adapts.

2. you are probably not even pro gamer level of proficiency playing videogames to even complain about input lag/"slide-show".

3. if it is beneficial for your eye-strain/dry eyes: 👁️. 👍.

4. to all those 🤡🤡 influencers on twitter doing console warz....🤮🤮🤮🤮.

5.Starfield is not 30 FPS because of a "creative decision" or ambition. It's because their old ass Engine... especially with those visuals.
They choose to use that engine to create something ambitious. (Creative decision)

Now whether it was the right choice or not is debatable. (I personally love Skyrim even with all its jank so I think it was the right choice)

Now we will more than likely see a 60FPS mode down the line at some point, either via a mod or via a patch.
(Am assuming modding is supported on Xbox?)

Top Bottom