• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

From Software's new game leaked: "Elden Ring", a new world by Hidetaka Miyazaki and George R. R. Martin

D.Final

Banned
I would have preferred this big official announcement to remain a surprise.

And to be announced along with its official trailer at the Microsoft conference.

Now, I always have Hype for the new Fromsoftware game.
But the surprise, and the magic, was burned in the wind ....
It's a pity, because we could have discovered it in a much more epic way.

Now Hype for the trailer, I suppose.

bitbydeath

DetGmBY.gif

Fbh

New From Software game means this E3 was already a success.
Looking forward to seeing the reveal. I wonder what GRRM's input was on this, wonder if it's more story heavy (or more direct telling heavy at least) than previous FROM games

New From Software game means this E3 was already a success.
Looking forward to seeing the reveal. I wonder what GRRM's input was on this, wonder if it's more story heavy (or more direct telling heavy at least) than previous FROM games

Sekiro already had a more of a direct story, so it wouldn't surprise me if they keep going in that direction.

Fbh

Sekiro already had a more of a direct story, so it wouldn't surprise me if they keep going in that direction.

Yeah could be though I wonder if it's going to be even more story focused. Or maybe GRRM just helped out with the backstory and worlds and it's more of a marketing deal.

Either way, I like George RR Marting and Miyazaki is hands down my favourite current director so this should be awesome

Last edited:

Raven117

Wow, so the rumor is true.

Hope they show some gameplay or at least do an interview talking about gameplay and storytelling. How will this work? Like the usual, with the awesome cryptic lore they like to do or with more dialogues, NPCs, etc? Very interesting partnership.
Totally agree. One creator uses only suggestions to tell stories, the other uses 100 words when 10 would suffice.

Hinedorf

Banned
Not a book reader, huh?

I'm the fanatical book reader who wishes Martin ill for leaving me hanging for so damn long. And yes I know I referenced the show but it's all the fault of Martin that he's doing these shit projects than the only one that made him.

Hinedorf

Banned
iu

There is nothing shit about Miyazaki projects!

Very true, Martin just makes me the saltiest fuck on the planet as they are my favorite book series and i just want finality with it.

I can't even talk about the potential of this game right now because there is no possible way to properly describe the internal hype. I don't possess the patience for this project!

GAMETA

Banned
Theoretically it would be to attract a much wider group of people to purchase your product? It's not rocket appliances man.

Hmm, I don't know, man... the difficulty in From games is a design approach... how does an easy mode work in such a game?

The player can take 10 additional hits? Put that against Ornstein and Smough or the Dancer from the Boreal Valley and it doesn't make much of a difference if the player is just trying to tank and button mash...
Or that + the player does 10x the damage? Wouldn't that make enemies as boring as those in musou games?

If the idea is to make sure everyone can get past everything, why just not make the player invincible? Or make it like in Sekiro but with infinite revivals? It's easier and doesn't change the core of the game...

Hmm, I don't know, man... the difficulty in From games is a design approach... how does an easy mode work in such a game?

The player can take 10 additional hits? Put that against Ornstein and Smough or the Dancer from the Boreal Valley and it doesn't make much of a difference if the player is just trying to tank and button mash...
Or that + the player does 10x the damage? Wouldn't that make enemies as boring as those in musou games?

If the idea is to make sure everyone can get past everything, why just not make the player invincible? Or make it like in Sekiro but with infinite revivals? It's easier and doesn't change the core of the game...

I don't know? You'll have to ask Miyazaki about it I guess.

RPGCrazied

Hope its none of that souls crap. Have different difficulty modes if you want to give the people that want punishing difficulty.

Top Bottom