• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden Ring 2 seemingly confirmed in new interview with Miyazaki

Shut0wen

I'm 100% sure he's not gonna be the director of the game just like dark souls 2
I was about to post i have huge doubts hes going to be the one directing the game, he will definitely be cooking up a new ip instead of jumping onto elden ring 2, only thing i hope they change with the 2nd game is by adding more dungeons and caves, the games empty af

There is lots of room for improvement. The sequel should have some actual challenge to the game and an open world that isn't full of the same 2-3 copy and pasted dungeons/enemies.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
As much as I respect your opinion, I hope they will never listen to you. Or, they might listen to you after they are done with Elden Ring, not now.
If money talks they sure wont ... my hope is that the creative nature of Miyazaki speaks louder ... Dont get me wrong... ER is not a bad game and achieved too much .. I fineshed 4 times and platinued ... but for me is by far the worst Miyazaki souls game for several reasons.

Kurotri

Hope this isn't a translation error.. I would really love more Elden Ring even after the DLC. Provided Miyazaki directs of course.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
What’s the over-under for there being sky islands?
I shudder imagining From’s implementation of sky islands. Forget about last-second paraglider opening and getting your skin home safely. From would 100% put an invisible fall limit beyond which you’re dead even if you do use some sort of parachute. And then a couple days after release you’ll start seeing videos of people glitching the hell out of the game, getting to the sky 30 hours before you’re supposed to.

This man must be protected at all costs. 24/7 security teams, please.

I wonder what From’s key man insurance premium is on him?

cortadew

Sekiro has no replayability though. Not like the other souls games.
Sekiro has no replayability though. Not like the other souls games.
Getting the 4 different endings, getting the 4 different costumes for Wolf, getting all the prosthetic upgrades, getting to all the secret bosses, replaying charmless + demon bell.

I have finished it 9 times and I haven't completed all of these.

killatopak

Just please be smaller, for the love of God.
yqgGcZ5.jpg

MagnesD3

It's interesting to see so many people in this forum not vibe with Elden Ring as much as the other games, I can understand it coming from seeing BOTW/TOTK's game design as inferior to classic 3d Zelda's but whats so damn different with Elden Ring is they really don't sacrifice hardly anything that makes their game's feel special unlike Zelda did. I think you could make an argument that some of the Legacy dungeons are maybe 10-20% worse than some of the best dungeons from other From games but on the whole is mostly just Excellent through and through without sacrifice. The enemy variety is insane, the only reuse boss things that I feel to be only slightly problematic are the crazy amount of Ulcerated Tree Spirits (thats only variation is the environment) and I dislike that they have a couple "Main" Boss fights that get reused like Astel or Godefroy which is a minor game design sin when building meaningful moments. Most content on the whole feels great/unique even if clearly some building structure assets get reused for things like ruins or catacombs visually at least, but the content there is almost always fun. I can understand preferring the more linear approach to a degree but some of the negative takes are batshit on here lol.

That said there are a few improvements for a Sequel Id love to see made like making Summons more involved and balanced with your build while still be able to be tried by everyone at the base FP threshold (tying Summon scaling to maybe AI quality/attacks or special properties held could be a way to do this and even balance them/make them more consistently meaningful), level/moveset adjustments for past areas after crossing certain level thresholds to try and maintain a sense of challenge for you being overleveled for an area, a journal that contains maybe the last thing an NPC said so you can figure out easier where you might go to look for them next, also make sure that Golden Seeds have a secondary use as a reward after hitting the cap (it was another sting to the Ulcerated Tree Spirt problem when your reward was an outdated item with no more use), improve the painting quests (the game is too large for what they expect you to accomplish, I refuse to spend hours just roaming around a small area trying to find the single perfect spot they have to give the player more to go on) and obviously work on improving boss reuse (if they have to be there add more new attacks, create look varieties, unique rewards just make sure to never use as many as you did the Ulcerated Tree Spirit).

Last edited:
Getting the 4 different endings, getting the 4 different costumes for Wolf, getting all the prosthetic upgrades, getting to all the secret bosses, replaying charmless + demon bell.

I have finished it 9 times and I haven't completed all of these.
To play through it once is punishment enough for most.

Elden Ring was a nice experiment but the focused level design with clever backtracking just works better, I hope a sequel has less pointless forts and space between the well designed areas
The Haligtree and Brace of Ephael in Elden Ring have the best level design FromSoftware ever attempted.

Last edited:

RyRy93

To play through it once is punishment enough for most.

The Haligtree and Brace of Ephael in Elden Ring have the best level design FromSoftware ever attempted.
There’s some great levels in there, I’d just like to see a higher ratio of well made areas to empty areas with bland forts and caves scattered around.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I don’t get people issue with Elden Ring open world, majority of games have repeated enemies and bosses, even games that are not open world and even compare to other games Elden Ring has crazy amount enemy and boss variety.

RyRy93

I don’t get people issue with Elden Ring open world, majority of games have repeated enemies and bosses, even games that are not open world and even compare to other games Elden Ring has crazy amount enemy and boss variety.
Compared to other games yes, compared to other Fromsoftware games where the content is 9-10/10 for most of the experience Elden Ring suffers due to its open nature.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
It doesn't matter how you want to if FROM is not interested doing sequel to Bloodborne or Sekiro they are not gonna do it and they shouldn't be force to.

At end of the day what we want is FROM worked on game they are passionate about.

I have thousands of hours in Bloodborne, almost more than any other game I ever played. More than all of their games that I have played, combined.
I guess in a day and age, where my purchase would be considered nothing more than another in the sequence of numbers called profit, a new console and a new game mean nothing in the grand scheme of things.

bender

What time is it?
Elden Ring was a nice experiment but the focused level design with clever backtracking just works better, I hope a sequel has less pointless forts and space between the well designed areas

To be fair, most developers creating open worlds are afraid to let them breath. Maybe a second go-around will give FromSoftware the confidence to do just that. Elden Ring had an insane amount of content which is a shame that so many cool moments were cut-and-paste multiple times (stage coach robberies being my favorite example). It's also what led to often being disappointed by what you found in chests as well as +1/+2 variations of Talismans being found in a single run.

The stage coaches had some amazing loot and were cool to see in the world. I was more annoyed by the generic Dragons, Giant Bears, Giant Skeleton Summons, Erdtree Guardians, Ulcerated Tree Spirits, Mariners, Death Birds, Ball-Bearing Hunters, and Night Cavalry poping up than any of the dungeons with surprisingly different layouts and treasures or the map. No two locations are quite the same.

Last edited:
Top Bottom