• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Miyazaki: No second DLC or sequel to Elden Ring currently planned (but wont rule it out)

SantaC

Final question on the topic of Shadow of the Erdtree, but do you envision this as the end of Elden Ring's story or is there room for either more DLC or in Elden Ring 2 down the line?

Miyazaki:
We don't want to say this is the end of the Elden Ring saga for now. I think we said a similar thing at the end of Dark Souls 3. We didn't want to flatten those possibilities or put a pin in them just at that time. And it's a similar story with Elden Ring. We don't want to discourage the possibilities for that. There might be more ideas in the future.

We don't have any current plans to make a second DLC or a sequel, but we definitely don't want to snuff out that possibility. We think that there could well be something the future.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Probably won't get a second DLC but a sequel down the line is basically guaranteed at this point.
I don't think so.
They are from software. Making something new or going back to dark souls or bloodborne 2 would work too.

Zathalus

I don't think so.
They are from software. Making something new or going back to dark souls or bloodborne 2 would work too.
Oh I don't mean the very next game will be a sequel, just that I'm sure it will get a sequel eventually.

Kurotri

I smell another new IP coming from the GOAT. Sequels aren't really his thing, him coming back to finish off Dark Souls with 3 was pretty much an exception. I really appreciate this. Elden Ring especially with its expansion is a massive and amazing experience, but it doesn't need fast sequels. I wonder what he has in store for us next time.

Top Bottom