• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden Ring 2 seemingly confirmed in new interview with Miyazaki

SantaC

FUUUUUUUCK NO! Sekiro is one of my favourite FROM game.

Mods.....
200.gif
Sekiro has no replayability though. Not like the other souls games.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
I'm going to get blasted and laugh emoji death'd for this but :
ER is the most overhyped pieces of media that I played in the last 5 years.
Re-used assets galore (sounds/animations etc), (almost) generic high-fantasy art style, broken difficulty and Uber mediocre graphics - it's literally DS4 but with a shittier art direction, open world and featuring a horse.

And oh, I've been playing FROM games for 20+ years, it's just that I really, really can't fathom how this title specifically broke all charts and sales numbers , I mean, It's such a fucking generic souls-like from FROM that ...

Sekiro ? Sure
Bloodborne ? Fuck yes
DS3 ? shit was blasted for being a "DS greatest hits" and yet, this one gets heralded as the savior of gaming ?
Mugatu I think I'm taking crazy pills.jpg ffs.

Ugly looking - both from a technical and artistic point of view, fucking bloated, featuring typical generic (by now) souls gameplay with re-used assets up the ass.

Of course, people.love min-maxing shit in their ARPGs as to feel "cool" so this shit sold like hot cakes.
A game built for.the usual Youtube "ULTIM4TE MELEE/MAGICK BUILD " video watching crowd.

Fuck this game and its sequel, give us Sekiro 2, Bloodborne 2 or even DS4, not everything has to be open world .

PS : Can't wait for AC6 this Friday

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Sekiro has no replayability though. Not like the other souls games.
I played Sekiro 5 times even after platinum the game, as you get better at the combat you become more efficient it becomes even more fun to replay it which similar to other action games.

Not mention they added boss rush mode and the bosses have new move-sets.

Last edited:
Elden Ring was cool the first and second time then it just got boring and cumbersome. The game was just way too big with too much recycled content which hurt the replayability and build quality. I fire up Demon's, DS-trilogy and Bloodborne still to this day. Elden Ring not so much.
boom smile GIF

Draugoth

Gold Member
I'm going to get blasted and laugh emoji death'd for this but :
ER is the most overhyped pieces of media that I played in the last 5 years.

xMekfrS.png

Re-used assets galore (sounds/animations etc), (almost) generic high-fantasy art style, broken difficulty and Uber mediocre graphics - it's literally DS4 but with a shittier art direction, open world and featuring a horse.

And oh, I've been playing FROM games for 20+ years, it's just that I really, really can't fathom how this title specifically broke all charts and sales numbers , I mean, It's such a fucking generic souls-like from FROM that ...

Ugly looking - both from a technical and artistic point of view, fucking bloated, featuring typical generic (by now) souls gameplay with re-used assets up the ass.

Fuck this game and its sequel, give us Sekiro 2, Bloodborne 2 or even DS4, not everything has to be open world .

ntRPaPf.png

Just please be smaller, for the love of God.
Hard agree with this. Loved this game to death, but there was definitely a quantity vs quality feel to some of the areas (e.g. catacombs). They would have been better off cutting back on some things and focused on polishing the standout pieces (even more).

I know they didn't expect the game to be received as well as it did, but adding in cut content as DLC would have allowed them to spend some more time letting things cook in the oven.
Sekiro is their worst game. Bloodborne 2 is what we really need.
Nah, it's easily one of their best if you can appreciate it on its own terms and not view it under the lens of Souls-like

Danjin44

Nah, it's easily one of their best if you can appreciate it on its own terms and not view it under the lens of Souls-like
Exactly, Sekiro is their take on action game they were not trying make “Souls” game with Sekiro.

I fear we are going to hear same arguments against Armored Core VI. Not all the games they make is meant to be Souls game.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Is this like how George R.R. Martin has saved some lore for The Winds of Winter & A Dream of Spring?

K2D

Banned
Cool for people that enjoyed Elden Ring.

I haven't bothered completing Elden Ring yet, and I am patiently waiting for their next non-open world Dark Souls/Bloodborne game instead.

Paltheos

I'm with you, brother. I prefer a more curated experience in my Souls games. Elden Ring probably did the best it could given its gargantuan scope but there are ugly warts all over the place related to how unbalanced the game is.

Also, Fromsoft, if you could, could you... maybe.. go back to Bloodborne or Dark Souls 3 level of game speed too? You don't have to always one-up yourself in difficulty.

Danjin44

You don't have to always one-up yourself in difficulty.
I don’t know I actually big fan of more aggressive bosses in Sekiro and Elden Ring compare to pervious games and they give you tools and moves-sets to deal with faster bosses so to me they perfectly balanced.

Svejk

Okay it will be a smaller map overall, but twice is long.

Good enough?
As long as things don't feel so spread thin and the dungeons/castles are more fleshed out. Can't count how many times you stumble across the samey catacomb and fight that same bouncing cat statue over and over again.

Exactly, Sekiro is their take on action game they were not trying make “Souls” game with Sekiro.

I fear we are going to hear same arguments against Armored Core VI. Not all the games they make is meant to be Souls game.
Armored Core 6 looks far more interesting to me than Sekiro and I haven't actually played the originals. It's completely fresh and new too me, so I want to try it.

Last edited:

Danjin44

Armored Core 6 looks far more interesting to me than Sekiro and I haven't actually played the originals. It's completely fresh and new to me, so I want to try it.
Most your problem with Sekiro is it’s old Japanese setting which is has nothing to do with actual quality of the game.

Most your problem with Sekiro is it’s old Japanese setting which is has nothing to do with actual quality of the game.
I never said that the game is bad though? I beaten the game and even did a no-hit kill on a Guardian Ape. The combat system is ace as I previously mentioned, I just think it's the worst From Software game by their standards. Worst doesn't mean its terrible in my eyes or doesn't deserve the scores it got. I am glad it won GOTY that year, I'd rather have From Software win GOTY than some trash company. I just feel like they could of done a bit more with it and made it more interesting thematically.

Danjin44

I just think it's the worst From Software game by their standards
Just because you don’t like setting? Again it would be better if you said your least favorite FROM game because of your taste, their worst game? Sorry to me that statement is nonsense.

He probably means in recent memory or out of those that he has played. It does not mean it is objectively dog shit. Besides, one man's trash is another man's treasure.

Last edited:
Just because you don’t like setting? Again it would be better if you said your least favorite FROM game because of your taste, their worst game? Sorry to me that statement is nonsense.
I am trolling you dude. Relax. But in all truth it is my least favorite. But if you actually wanna talk about the worst game in terms of technicalities it's probably actually Dark Souls 2. Although, I have a weird soft spot for that game and idk why so. The game was poorly designed in terms of its levels and wasn't as interconnected as other souls titles. The DLC was good though and the pvp was fun imo.

I think for me it it's - Bloodborne > Elden Ring > Dark Souls 3 > Dark Souls > Demon's Souls Remake > Sekiro > Dark Souls 2

Last edited:

Dr_Salt

This is expected but I hope they keep doing new stuff outside of the souls formula. A new take on Lost Kingdoms would be cool.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
They need to do BB2. I don't give a fuck what anyone else says. They need to. If they did this... they would fuck me up so much that I would cave for a PS5. Quickly.

Danjin44

They need to do BB2. I don't give a fuck what anyone else says. They need to. If they did this... they would fuck me up so much that I would cave for a PS5. Quickly.
It doesn't matter how you want to if FROM is not interested doing sequel to Bloodborne or Sekiro they are not gonna do it and they shouldn't be force to.

At end of the day what we want is FROM worked on game they are passionate about.

Doom85

It doesn't matter how you want to if FROM is not interested doing sequel to Bloodborne or Sekiro they are not gonna do it and they shouldn't be force to.

At end of the day what we want is FROM worked on game they are passionate about.

True, they should be passionate about it, but that doesn’t mean some of us want it necessarily.

I was hyped about Armored Core, then I saw the gameplay in action and wasn’t impressed. Just doesn’t look that fun. I found Sekiro tedious, but at least with that one I could see why others loved it. Armored Core just looks pretty basic to me. Not bad, but with Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake 2, Super Mario Wonder, Lies of P, Spidey 2, and Lords of the Fallen all looking far more promising in terms of the rest of the year, I doubt I’ll get around to it, or at least anytime soon.

They can make what they want, I’m just not automatically interested in it regardless of the goodwill they’ve built with Soulsborne/ER. Passion alone isn’t automatically interesting.

Danjin44

True, they should be passionate about it, but that doesn’t mean some of us want it necessarily.

I was hyped about Armored Core, then I saw the gameplay in action and wasn’t impressed. Just doesn’t look that fun. I found Sekiro tedious, but at least with that one I could see why others loved it. Armored Core just looks pretty basic to me. Not bad, but with Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake 2, Super Mario Wonder, Lies of P, Spidey 2, and Lords of the Fallen all looking far more promising in terms of the rest of the year, I doubt I’ll get around to it, or at least anytime soon.

They can make what they want, I’m just not automatically interested in it regardless of the goodwill they’ve built with Soulsborne/ER. Passion alone isn’t automatically interesting.
Armored Core is very different game than Souls games, I personally LOVE the series but its not gonna appeal to everyone. Its also same for me with games like Baldur’s Gate 3, lot of people seems to love that game but it doesn't at all appeals to me and after seeing some gameplay footage of the the game it just completely turned me off.....I guess different games appeals for different people.

DelireMan7

This for me too.

The size of the game is really detrimental. Or it's more the reuse of many bosses and same catacombs again and again that diluted the greatness.

Lore is top notch, lot of build option but yeah exploring many minor dungeons which are way inferior to the legacy dungeon hurts the experience for me.

Condense a bit more or make than every dungeon has an amazing level design.
Also let player assume their choice and reduce all the opportunity to respec or change their build drastically with minimal effort. But I know it will not happen, since Dark Souls 1 every game made it easier and easier to change your build.
Nothing topped the "accept your choice" philosophy of Dark Souls 1 for me.

Anyway happy for the DLC and for a new game. The lore is very interesting and I want more.

Last edited:

mrmustard

Banned
A game that absolutely humiliated the sequel of a former GOTY with 436 vs. 104 awards gets a sequel? I'm shocked!

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Alright just make sure you guys work on it for 4 years because that shit needs to be damn good, do not rush out the sequel to the best game ever made.

Last edited:

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
They need to bring BB to the PS5 first with 60 fps. I cannot believe that this still hasn’t happened.

Also, given the Elden Ring popularity it’s pretty much a given that they’ll takle this next. I doubt we’ll ever see a new Bloodborne actually. Since it was perfect though there is really no need for a sequel anyway. Just bring the damn Remaster!

Last edited:

skit_data

As much as I love Elden Ring it didn't really hit me as hard as Dark Souls or Bloodborne did.
Mechanics, build variety, everything gameplay wise is better on pretty much every level but I really don't find the lore, characters and world as immediately captivating. Tbh I think my biggest issue was that several of the pantheon are named so similarily (yeah I know it sounds a bit stupid) so they all just blurred together.

It's Big n Red donkey comet guy, Scarlet rot flower ginger bitch, Hammer time Elden Beast warmup-dude and some Creepy hand moldy kinder egg chick.
And Ranni waifu of course, but her questline is memorable + the fact that she's blue.

Caio

Fuck! Hope they give this to team B so Miyazaki can work on something new and I hope more linear and hard core ... this open world bullshit killed the fucking game
As much as I respect your opinion, I hope they will never listen to you. Or, they might listen to you after they are done with Elden Ring, not now.

Top Bottom